PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used Vue Yet?

Tony3d
08-11-2005, 08:44 AM
I am doing a project for a book publisher and did a trial time yesterday only to find out that Vue's render speed is totally unacceptable. I started the rendering at 9:30 p.m. on 8-10-2005 and it was only 15% done the next day at 7:00 a.m. Granted it is a very large rendering, a full spread of 17.0" X 11" at 300 dpi. The preset used was "Superior". Remember this is going in a Text book and must look top notch. My question is how can I speed this time up and not loose quality? Being only 15% done Vue estimated another 60 HOURS to finish it. That's way to long! I am running it on a dual 2.7 gig G5 with 2.5 gigs of ram. I need help fast. If you can just give me the settings to speed this up that would be great. I don't have the time to e-mail back and fourth. I do have access to another G5 machine with the same spec's, would the render cow help or can that only be used for animation?Thanks........

Sande
08-11-2005, 01:35 PM
I tried Vue couple of years ago - pretty GUI but it took ages to render anything, making the software pretty much useless (to me at least)...

Obvious tip would be to lower the quality settings (and with saved time do some postprocessing in Photoshop to fix quality issues).

Darth Mole
08-12-2005, 12:28 PM
Yeah, unless you're ahppy with average antialiasing, you really need to render at 'Superior' quality - and even then GI is quite grainy. Which means that for anything in print or broadcast, the render times are pretty horrible.

Nice images when they're done though...