PDA

View Full Version : preset surfaces?

Matt E
04-30-2003, 08:10 AM
When resizing preset surfaces it show scaled in my surface editor but not to the final render. What am I doing wrong?
Also Where can I get hold of more surfaces/textures?

noiseboy
04-30-2003, 09:11 AM
there's a whole bunch of presets on the Luxology.net website, or you could roll your own using the default presets as a start.

Matt
04-30-2003, 09:41 AM
more presets :

Preset Central (http://www.presetcentral.com)

how are you resizing the surfaces exactly?

Matt E
04-30-2003, 10:51 AM
I am changing the numeric value in the 'sample size' in the preview options of the surface editor the pressing return. The scale appears to change in the surface editor display but not on the actual object. What a I doing wrong?

Matt
04-30-2003, 11:48 AM
ahhhhh, there's your answer, you're changing the 'preview' size which is only for checking out the texture temporarily.

you see the little 'T' button next to each of the parameters?

click that and you'll bring up the texture editor. this is where you change the sizes of any textures, procedural textures etc. (see attached image).

to scale the WHOLE texture up you might have to do this is several places depending on how many of the 'T' buttons have been activated.

as far as I know there is no global texture scale for each surface, be very useful if there was!

Matt E
05-01-2003, 02:27 AM
Thanks a lot for your help I really apreciate it. :)

Matt
05-01-2003, 03:59 AM
no problem, that's what we're all here for! one big happy lightwave family!!!!

:)

head worm
05-01-2003, 05:56 AM
Matt,

We believe we are the first company to offer organised sets of professional presets that come with additional tutorials about surfacing. This was done in response to the poor quality of presets currently available and also the general lack of expertise in this field.

Even if you're not in the market for paying for surfaces and tutorials about surfacing, we are slowly building a collection of unsurpassed public tutorials.

Soon arriving is a massive, project based discussion about Fresnel effects. But please check out our current tutorial on Anisotropy, which may sound boring, but is actually quite a fun and information read. You may find material like this particularly useful for getting to grips with the everyday function of Lightwave.

Cheers

DavidT
Creative Director
www.the-worms-of-art.com

Matt
05-01-2003, 01:14 PM
he's right you know! I've seen this site before, some good stuff there!