PDA

View Full Version : How do i uninstall LW8.0 on my mac?

jars
08-11-2005, 05:56 AM
Need help people, i installed Lw8.0 on my G4 mac. With OSX 10.4

After setting everything up, including the license key and everything. I ran lightwave. But then i noticed that it didn't have the PDL antialiasing method! (what's up with that? i thought). So i tried installing the LW again, this time however, when i input my license key, it says that, "your license key has to be of the format 1234-1234-1234-1234. The funny thing is that it's exactly that format! and i just did it a few minutes ago, why won't it work now?

So i was thinking, maybe LW8 on the mac has to be uninstalled first like some programs. But i don't know how to uninstall it. Is there a proper way of uninstalling it?

If not, then is there a file somewhere on my mac that contains the previously saved license key? maybe that's what's causing the installer to think that i'm inputting the code incorrectly.

BeeVee
08-11-2005, 07:15 AM
For some reason Tiger doesn't like copying and pasting into that field now. Try putting a space before the text and see if that helps (or after, I forget which now).

B
PS. PLD anti-aliasing modes were only available from version 8.2 of LightWave 3D, not 8.0

jars
08-11-2005, 07:37 AM
ok! thanks Beevee. I forgot that PLD was in the update! i still have it here. But the space before the license no. was a big help. Thanks. I still don't see how it worked the first time, but the second time needed that space. Anyway.

BeeVee
08-11-2005, 07:40 AM
Is it because you registered your LightWave before you upgraded to Tiger?

B

jars
08-12-2005, 12:32 AM
actually no. It worked once even on Tiger. But when i tried reinstalling it that's when it wouldn't accept the license.