PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the "WaveNet" guy

Scott_Blinn
08-10-2005, 06:03 PM
Greetings all,

Since I am going to be hanging around these boards now I thought I would say hello and tell you all a bit about myself.

My name is Scott Blinn (as the nick says). I am a software developer who, for about the past 10 years, has been working in the game industry. Before that I actually co-created a piece of software some of you may remember from the “old days” of LightWave called WaveNet Pro (the first ScreamerNet replacement).

I have been out of the LW scene for many years (since about 4.0), but have always had a soft spot for the program. That said, I just purchased LW9 + Vue to get back up to speed with the app.

I would like to work with NewTek in making LW more appealing for the game development community through new features/ideas. I am compiling a list now and hope to post my thoughts on that subject in the near future (I gave you fair warning Jay Roth and team!) ;-)

Anyway, glad to be back and I hope to help where I can!

--SB

DiscreetFX
08-10-2005, 10:20 PM
Great to have you back Scott.

:)

kml12
08-11-2005, 06:53 AM
Welcome to the Party :thumbsup:

T-Light
08-11-2005, 08:35 AM
Good on you Sir.

Welcome back. :)

LW 8.0 was said to be more games designer friendly, sort of hoped that would extend into more input/output formats (A solid .x exporter would have been nice), but alas, not exactly sure when or where the 'game friendly' parts came in. :confused:

Anyway, Good luck :thumbsup:

Scott_Blinn
08-11-2005, 06:41 PM
Thanks to all!

--SB

WilliamVaughan
08-11-2005, 08:37 PM
Welcome Back! I look forward to seeing your list as I too would like to see LW more appealing to Game houses!