PDA

View Full Version : 8.3 upgrade Discovery mode problem

raylaur
08-10-2005, 05:30 PM
I recently upgraded my full-license Lightwave V7.5 to V8.3 and I'm not able to save my LW objects. A message comes up and says "Discovery version" only allows 400 points per layer. I am using a dongle with newly installed sentinel drivers that came with 8.3 upgrade. I also registered the software and installed a license key. Why is it behaving like a trial version?

As far as I know this was supposed to be a full upgrade.... how do I fix this problem?

Surrealist.
08-10-2005, 07:35 PM
Did you go to Help/enter licence key? Try it there and see if that does it. Doesn't always work durring instalation.

Silkrooster
08-10-2005, 10:14 PM
If I remember right when 8.0 came out, there was a problem with license #'s being entered. I almost think that some had to enter the number more than once.
You can also look in the lightwave folder for a text file I beleive it has .lic extention You can copy and past the license # into this file to make it work as well.
Silk

BeeVee
08-11-2005, 12:29 AM
The license.key from 7.x won't work with an 8.x license. The same will also be true of a 7.x or 8.x when 9 comes out. You need to re-register.

B

parm
08-11-2005, 03:27 AM
I remember something like that happening to me. It only worked after I copied and pasted the new license key number directly from the Newtek email.

Parm