PDA

View Full Version : Possible reason for a delay in 8.5?

T-Light
08-10-2005, 01:30 PM
Just watched the Ben Vost video '355-BenVost2'.

About 15 and half minutes in, this happens...

It shouldn't turn yellow, it should turn this colour, the reason it's turning yellow is because of a slight problemette, a feature, in the hardware OpenGL shading methods that is being resolved even as we speak.
Ben's showing Vertex Paint within LW9, as vertex paint isn't in LW 8.5 this may be completely irrelevant, or it may be a problem within the hardware shading code overall. Either way, it wasn't anything serious and was resolved by clicking somewhere in the display options.

Just thought I'd mention it.

MrWyatt
08-10-2005, 03:08 PM
where did you see that video?

Mr_Jones
08-10-2005, 03:15 PM
ftp://[email protected]/siggraph2005/batch2/

:D

Wade
08-10-2005, 03:51 PM
No not the reason at all - The flight landed on the west coast not the east something to do with the weather. This was not expected when release date was made no one even gave it any thought in relationship to the shipping date and the ramifications. Anyway the container will be loaded on a Jumbo and flown to the east coast perhaps with a stop in Texas if not then relevant materials will then be picked up in Florida and sent back to where they need to be. This kind of stuff happens when you out source and your delivery truck only flies once every two years or so. I hear LW 8.5 and 9 are just out of this world and then again they may still be - as time was spent pulling felt from between tiles and who knew that would come up so then now that is true as far as it is not false. :eek:

T-Light
08-10-2005, 05:41 PM
Wade -

- as time was spent pulling felt from between tiles and who knew that would come up so then now that it true as far as it is not false.

So it's NASA's fault! :D

Come on Eileen,
get your finger out.

archiea
08-10-2005, 07:12 PM
I think its because Newtek is still using 4X CD burners instead of the new 56X CD burners. Hey... if it ain't broke...... :tongue:

Wade
08-10-2005, 09:52 PM
4X :help:

Wade
08-10-2005, 10:03 PM
Speaking of 4x man I could use that alien render over drive techno stuff right now that is in 9 having to slash the AA to get it out the door in the morning - not a good thing.

Man NASA - they say it was the garbage that they took out on the space station but I am telling you it was updates and down loads - star gate type stuff whoosh and out pops code - now those two guys up there have been at work on nine I just know it what else would on do when trapped in a perpetual free fall only to be kept aloft by your momentum.

Crap left the air lock open again and my brain is out running around town if any of you see the dang thing give it a boot and tell it to gooooo home Lightwave 8.5-9 is on the way any time now any time.

T-Light
08-11-2005, 09:31 AM
Wade-

Crap left the air lock open again and my brain is out running around town

Is it back yet?
In the words of Mr Kenobi
"You have to be mindfull of such things"
I let mine loose a couple of years ago and I still haven't got the b*gger back. It pops over every now and again for a cuppa and a biscuit but it never leaves a contact number.

If yours isn't back by this evening I'd pop over to the Siggraph venue and check out the lost and found. With their slogan 'Bring your brain' there's bound to be a few knocking about, my advice, don't take one that answers to 'Bubba'.