PDA

View Full Version : Lockups...

axome
08-10-2005, 08:52 AM
Hi all,

...I'm using VT-4 since 10 months now. I have to say that the live part(switcher,DDR,...) is stable and I'm happy with it, but I'm disapointed about VT-edit, it "freeze" the system 10-15 time a day during editing and I have to restart the machine...so, I have to save my projects all the time because I never know when VT-edit will lockup...
Surfing on this forum it does not seems to me that everybody has to ctrl-S every 5 min and restart the machine 10-15 times a day...so, where is my problem ? any sugestion would be appreciate... Hopefuly, 4.5 should come soon, hope it will work better for me...

Thanks

Axome

VT4 w/ last build
dual 3.06 Gig xeon
2 Gigs of ram
4 76 Gig scsis hard disks
Windows XP sp1
80 Gig system drive
Nvidia

kleima
08-10-2005, 10:43 AM
Make sure you have the nVidia, nView Desktop manager disabled!

Jim Capillo
08-10-2005, 11:29 AM
Hi all,

...I'm using VT-4 since 10 months now. I have to say that the live part(switcher,DDR,...) is stable and I'm happy with it, but I'm disapointed about VT-edit, it "freeze" the system 10-15 time a day during editing and I have to restart the machine...so, I have to save my projects all the time because I never know when VT-edit will lockup...
Surfing on this forum it does not seems to me that everybody has to ctrl-S every 5 min and restart the machine 10-15 times a day...so, where is my problem ? any sugestion would be appreciate... Hopefuly, 4.5 should come soon, hope it will work better for me...

You definitely have something going on there - I have 2.8 Xeons and am not seeing any problems like that. Along with the above suggestion, you might try pulling any firewire card you have in the system out....... or check with your dealer.

Are all of the disks healthy? Are they full?

Jim_C
08-10-2005, 12:14 PM
What kinds of clips are you editing when it freezes?

axome
08-11-2005, 01:05 AM
...thanks all..

I'm working mostly with DV(type2) files, disks are healthy(had to change one of the four 2 months ago) and not full...firewire is onboard.
I just disabled the Desktop Management, seems to be more stable now(always good to be positive ;-) but have to make longer test...