PDA

View Full Version : Vue Fusion - will we have to pay for it later?

GregMalick
08-09-2005, 09:45 PM
I understand that to make Vue play nice with LightWave you need a (yet to be released) product called Fusion. The playing nice bit is about sharing Light & Camera information.... Vue Fusion is currently under development.

For those us us that plan to go for the LW upgrade deal that includes Vue Infinite - will the Vue Fusion be free or will we have to pay more $$$ for easy LW/Vue integration?

T-Light
08-09-2005, 10:04 PM
I'm taking the wise bet and going for $'s.

From a business point of view with Newteks Marketing 'going hard at em' to get the initial deal with a wider user base, I would suspect E-On will want to look at the long range forecast.

The extras that are coming will cost.
Not being untoward here, just realistic.

hrgiger
08-09-2005, 10:22 PM
So what you're saying basically is that we have another Saslite (commercial for the full plug-in Sasquatch).

GregMalick
08-09-2005, 10:29 PM
Actually, I'm hoping that Chuck or another NewTek rep might shed some light on this question.

A simple Yes, No, or "we're working on it" from them would be nice.

p.s. I just sent an email to Newtek sales - so I'll post whatever reply I get (if Chuck doesn't respond first).

hrgiger
08-09-2005, 10:42 PM
Well, I believe Chuck is on vacation so you may have better luck from Newtek sales.

kurv
08-09-2005, 11:08 PM
I know Kurtis is sick as well give them a little time :)

T-Light
08-09-2005, 11:33 PM
Hrgiger -

So what you're saying basically is that we have another Saslite (commercial for the full plug-in Sasquatch).

Nope :) it's the full deal, just possibly doesn't include future projects, i'm only guessing!

I'd say the deal will include enhancements etc, everyone just shouldn't include major upgrades between the packages as standard.

I'm not Dev, it's an educated guess, could be wrong. :)

jasonazure
08-10-2005, 02:48 AM
Better save that $50 coupon !!!

mattclary
08-10-2005, 05:12 AM

I wouldn't say that. Even without a plugin to tie the two together, I think Vue will be incredibly useful. It will be worth the "price" (or lack thereof considering a $395 upgrade to LW9) just to create cool HDRI skydomes.

Mylenium
08-10-2005, 05:58 AM
I understand that to make Vue play nice with LightWave you need a (yet to be released) product called Fusion. The playing nice bit is about sharing Light & Camera information.... Vue Fusion is currently under development.

For those us us that plan to go for the LW upgrade deal that includes Vue Infinite - will the Vue Fusion be free or will we have to pay more $$$ for easy LW/Vue integration?

No, that's wrong. Vue already can export/ import animation data, Fusion would only facilitate this process by working from within LW and avoiding manual user intervention. Most likely it will be some Master and Pixelfilter plugins that transfer motion and light data and render all Vue specific stuff using Vue's own routines in the background and then transfer that data to LW where all other things are rendered. This would avoid having to manage a large number of images for compositing and be more intuitive. Since it's going to be new technology, I would think you have to pay for it but considering Vue's overall moderate pricing it won't be excessive cost.

Mylenium

Trev.T
08-10-2005, 06:37 AM
Vue fusion is a seperate program to Vue infinite, so we will have to pay for it. From the info available it seems to be like the Ozone plugin that let you use vue skies in LW, but loads Infinite scenes to be rendered in LW. Says that you need a copy of infinte to change these scene files.

krimpr
08-10-2005, 03:31 PM
My guess is that it will be about $450.00. I'm betting that the bundle was a gamble from E-On that by making VueI available to Newtek cheap cheap cheap that Wavers will feel the additional cost will still have been a good deal. With their intent to develop Fusion for Maya, 3DS, Cinema and LW it's obviously targeted upstream. It definetly wont be free, probably wont be inexpensive, but it is clever. I hope that Newtek works with E-On to ensure that it works well. If it does, it will rock large.

GregMalick
08-11-2005, 10:15 AM
As promised, here is the reply from NT sales:

Aloha Greg,
Thank you for your interest in the LightWave 8 / Vue 5 upgrade special.
Regarding the Vue 5 Infinite plug in, that is something that you will have to take up with E-on, as we have no control over that.
Regarding being sold out, we are temporarily back-ordered on our product, as we are dependant on receiving our shipments of Vue 5 from E-on in France. But we are still gladly taking orders & will do so until August 31, which is when the special will end.
This is a great offer, being able to receive the LightWave 8.5 upgrade, the Vue 5 software & the free upgrade to LightWave 9, when we ship it.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.
Regards
Gary

Gary Reiley

Western Region Sales Representative

NewTek

DMarkwick
08-11-2005, 05:17 PM
Well currently Vue 5 Infinite already integrates with Lightwave somewhat with camera & light data being passed. Via plugins.

Fusion will be a seperate purchase.

DMarkwick
08-11-2005, 06:08 PM
Actually, they don't say that it's going to be available for Lightwave.

Celshader
08-11-2005, 06:29 PM
Actually, they don't say that it's going to be available for Lightwave.

From http://www.e-onsoftware.com/Press/PR.php?date=July%2022,%202005

"Vue Fusion is expected to ship this fall. A version of Vue Fusion for LightWave and Cinema4D is currently under development."

DMarkwick
08-12-2005, 05:55 AM
Ah, right, I missed that :)

starbase1
08-12-2005, 07:49 AM
Well, I seem to remember that Ozone was noticably more than the current version of Vue at the time it came out, despite oinly doing the skies.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I suspect you are going to find that fusion may be a painful price...

Still, if we can afford Lightwave we must ll be rich, right?
:D