PDA

View Full Version : Beta deck control

smee-again
08-09-2005, 08:57 PM
Hi all

just wondering if it's possible to control a beta deck via the VT3's 422 outs and be able to setup in and out cue points. I have about 50 cues on one tape that I need to run. Last year I captured them to the harddrive as RTF's, but had a one glich in one of the roll on show night, but never once in 400 reheasal runs. SP i thought this may be a good alternative. Thanks

smee-again
08-11-2005, 06:59 AM
bump!!

Guess you all are too worked up and anxious about the 4.5 update.

I know I control the deck via rs422 but need to be able to make a cues list and step thru it. or at least type in a timecode to spool to quickly.

Thanks

tmon
08-11-2005, 01:34 PM
I don't believe VT can do this. I'm pretty sure you have to digitize everything and use the DDR's.

bradl
08-11-2005, 10:26 PM
Well there is a Machine Control Module, but no cue list, just one at a time. Someone with coding skills might could add cue list to it.

There is a guy in Taiwan (or somewhere) that has written some automated playlist software for the VT, not sure of the 'external' control with that setup.

Paul Lara
08-12-2005, 08:55 AM
There is a deck control, and there is a cue button on that module, however, Cue simultaneously rolls the source and switches to it. Unless you have a VERY slow transition, I fear you'll see glitching on-air as the tape gets up to speed.

mikkowilson
08-12-2005, 06:04 PM
Heh.. One could always make a transition that did nothing for 2sec (Pre-roll) then cut, or did something else fancy (like a dissolve) :-)

- Mikko