PDA

View Full Version : Worley FPrime 2.0...

Capt Lightwave
08-09-2005, 04:24 PM
...is out! Go get it!

Same link you used when you first bought it.

While you're at it...get the G2 update too. :thumbsup:

Hoopti
08-09-2005, 04:29 PM
Thanks, at least that will give me something to mess around with tonight.

Hoop

joeldberry
08-09-2005, 04:34 PM
When I try to check out, my price is still showing up as $499... what about you guys?

Also, if I purchase it, I understand that it ships with an excellent manual... you guys are talking about getting it tonight and then playing with it tonight, too -- does this mean that you get the shipped version and the download version when you order?

Thanks -- I've never ordered from Worley before...

jdb

devin
08-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Not sure about HV display and such but the general redraw/update improvements rock! No real lag on my system whatsoever when dragging along the timeline. Thanks worley!

Wickster
08-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Awww man, worley beat Newtek to the "new update ready for download" announcement. I was wishing for a simultanious "8.5 and FPrime 2" release today.

Ah well I spent my money on upgrade to LW9 last night, so I won't be able to get FPrime 2 for awhile. Hope you all have fun Radiositying and stuff, and post some impressions on hypervoxel rendering will yah? I'd like to see how FPrime handles HVs and maybe I can trade in my car for FPrime.

Happy FPriming!

KillMe
08-09-2005, 05:07 PM
not fair not fair not fair it still doesn't work in windows 64 =/ and i wannted to test run it with voxels

nemac4
08-09-2005, 05:25 PM
WoHOO! Play time! :thumbsup:

3DBob
08-09-2005, 05:38 PM
Great news - got it and installing it!

3DBob

archiea
08-09-2005, 07:23 PM
whats great about sigraph... sniff sniff... is that it brings the Xmas spirit to the summer time... that spirit, of course, being GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!

js33
08-09-2005, 08:26 PM
Worley's site is down for me. Can anyone else reach it now?
I looked up my download link from my saved email and clicked on it and couldn't reach it either. :confused:

Edit: Nevermind. Just downloaded it. Now off to install Lw8.3 and FP 2.

Cheers,
JS

at_626
08-09-2005, 08:31 PM
Awww man, worley beat Newtek to the "new update ready for download" announcement. I was wishing for a simultanious "8.5 and FPrime 2" release today.

Ah well I spent my money on upgrade to LW9 last night, so I won't be able to get FPrime 2 for awhile. Hope you all have fun Radiositying and stuff, and post some impressions on hypervoxel rendering will yah? I'd like to see how FPrime handles HVs and maybe I can trade in my car for FPrime.

Happy FPriming!

me too :( ... hope Worley do FPrime2+G2 special offer later... :) please...

hrgiger
08-09-2005, 10:50 PM
What I'm wondering is this...

I was kind of excited to hear about the G2 promotion because I currently own Fprime but not G2. But now that I hear about the advancements made on Lightwave and the SDK for v9, I wonder, could this be a last ditch effort from Worley to sell a fair amount of G2 licenses before it becomes less useful to a lot of buyers? If Lightwave's SDK is opened up, that means potentially that Fprime could be updated to read both shader and volumetric information. Also, Lightwave's renderer is getting faster so it might be less reason to have a fast previewer(also too considering we will be able to see lighting and light falloffs in OpenGL) Another thing I ws thinking that with an improved SDK, it's possible that some plug-ins might come easier to do the things that G2 currently does like SSS, soft reflections, etc...

I don't know, I was just wondering if people thought that G2 was still worth getting at this point?

T-Light
08-09-2005, 11:04 PM
HRGiger-

I don't know, I was just wondering if people thought that G2 was still worth getting at this point?

My thoughts exactly when JR discussed LW9

OGL2 in a one to one against FPrime?, not just yet, that's some serious hardware, it is on the horizon though, just not yet! :)

ps HRGiger, I attributed a quote to you earlier yesterday, mix of colours in the avatar and lack of sleep, nothing unpleasant or detrimental, just plain wrong. Sorry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Just reread the post and it occured to me that it might ask more questions than it answered:

It was here-
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=39375

The quote was

It looks like FP2 and G2 were used by Digitaldomain on their recent Honda Accura RSX "Dance" commercial.

No idea why it happened it just did, now if you'll excuse me it's time for my 1000 yr rest.

voriax
08-10-2005, 01:14 AM
I'm surprised nobody has commented on FPrime 2's hypervoxel ability yet..

Well, I just ran a quick test (like I'm sure most people will) using a single HV on a null, rendered in LW native and then in FPrime2, and I found the rendering speed is almost identical; took LW native around 2:30 to render the image, and Fprime2 around the same time to get to level 1.00

I suppose we can't really expect HV's to render like lightning just cos it's fprime.. I for one am still very happy that we can now use HV's in fprime renders.

Anyone tried a high-end scene with hv's and radiosity involved?

juanjgon
08-10-2005, 02:26 AM
I dont think that fp2 could render LW volumetrics faster than LW itself, because i think that what fp2 do is to call raytracing and volumetric function inside LW ... perhaps it could be usefull for previz, but final render could be slow ...

Lightwolf
08-10-2005, 02:48 AM
I dont think that fp2 could render LW volumetrics faster than LW itself, because i think that what fp2 do is to call raytracing and volumetric function inside LW ... perhaps it could be usefull for previz, but final render could be slow ...
Volumetric yes, raytrace no. At least as far as the SDK docs go, FPrime has to replace raytracing functions by it own.
I guess a good test case would be a polygon heavy scene with raytraced shadows on volumetrics.

Cheers,
Mike

juanjgon
08-10-2005, 03:22 AM
Volumetric yes, raytrace no. At least as far as the SDK docs go, FPrime has to replace raytracing functions by it own.
I guess a good test case would be a polygon heavy scene with raytraced shadows on volumetrics.

Cheers,
Mike

I agree Mike ... fprime has his own raytrace fuctions ... but now and in future, when FP access to any thirth party plugins or LW functions, like now hipervoxels, or in future any other volumetric plugin, like HD-Instance, shader, image or pixel filter plugin, etc, rendering speed could be same if not slower than native LW rendering, because, in this first example, with HV, fprime dont has new volumetric render core, it only call LW volumetric functions, so we dont must wait any rendering speed improve ... only more interactivity in previews, perhaps ...

Lightwolf
08-10-2005, 04:09 AM
I agree Mike ... fprime has his own raytrace fuctions ... but now and in future, when FP access to any thirth party plugins or LW functions, like now hipervoxels, or in future any other volumetric plugin, like HD-Instance, shader, image or pixel filter plugin, etc, rendering speed could be same if not slower than native LW rendering, because, in this first example, with HV, fprime dont has new volumetric render core, it only call LW volumetric functions, so we dont must wait any rendering speed improve ... only more interactivity in previews, perhaps ...
Not quite, since volumetrics do call the raytracing functions (e.g. for raytraced shadows) and these are replaced by the faster ones that FPrime provides, volumetrics will be faster if they make use of raytracing. Basically, as soon as HVs are lit by raytraced shadows cast from geometry, or reflect/refract geometry, they will be faster.
Shadow handling within the HV (i.e. HVs casting shadows on HVs) is still up to the HV engine though.
Cheers,
Mike

riki
08-10-2005, 07:51 AM
It's not working for me. I've just installed the OS X FPrime 2 update. It's not renderring HV at all.

Lightwolf
08-10-2005, 08:08 AM
It's not working for me. I've just installed the OS X FPrime 2 update. It's not renderring HV at all.
Do you have the latest build of LW 8.3 (801) installed and have tried the _final_ render in FPrime (it doesn't work in an interactive render) ?

Cheers,
Mike

riki
08-10-2005, 08:35 AM
Okay thanks that explains it.

Intuition
08-10-2005, 01:06 PM
Do you think it will eventually work in preview window?

I tested the final render and noticed it rendered the stuff pretty fast.

Wondering why it can't display the render in progress (preview)?

hrgiger
08-10-2005, 02:13 PM
I found it rendered pretty slow in Fprime (just as in Lightwave).

This of course after I myself realized I had the 800 build and not the 801 build. :rolleyes: That will teach me to upgrade the second they post it on the downloads page...

js33
08-10-2005, 03:29 PM
I thought HV's wouldn't render at all with FP2 if you only had the 800 build. They didn't render for me until I installed build 801.

Cheers,
JS

sam.swali
07-24-2006, 05:27 AM
When I try to check out, my price is still showing up as $499... what about you guys?

Also, if I purchase it, I understand that it ships with an excellent manual... you guys are talking about getting it tonight and then playing with it tonight, too -- does this mean that you get the shipped version and the download version when you order?

Thanks -- I've never ordered from Worley before...

jdb

I'm also getting the same problem of no dicount shown! emailed problem to pluginz.com a week ago, no feedback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

colkai
07-25-2006, 04:27 AM
Err, dude, check the posting dates, the discount was some time last year.

zapper1998
07-25-2006, 06:00 AM
ya oops ....

Had me going there for a minute......