PDA

View Full Version : LW and Vue Registration

Hoopti
08-09-2005, 04:24 PM
Got my copy of Vue today, and for some reason neither the installer or the registration site is recognizing my serial number. Anyone else had this issue?

Also, for those that are wondering about registering and selling issues, the copy that comes with the upgrade does not have a "normal" Vue serial number, and does apparently require a LW serial number to both install and register, although as I said, it's not recognizing any of ours at the moment.

I've sent a request to e-on on how to fix this issue but was hoping someone else had a chance to find out any info on the fix before me.

Hoop

mattclary
08-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Same thing here. It asks for a serial number, but won't accept my LW serial or the "LightWave Activation Code" on the CD jewel case... :mad:

Hoopti
08-09-2005, 05:52 PM
E-on has put me in touch with one of the programmers. Apparently, this is an issue that a number of those upgrading are experiencing. I'll post what I find out.

Hoop

Dodgy
08-09-2005, 05:59 PM
I've succesfully installed so there must be something going on with only some of the copies.

mattclary
08-09-2005, 06:07 PM
Dodgy, it took your serial with no problem?

I personally don't think it's a software bug, as I tried to register on E-On's site and it also indicated I was using an invalid serial number.

Amadeus0
08-09-2005, 06:16 PM
I got my copy of Vue today, and am trying to install it. I've looked all over the CD for sometype of *.exe or *.msi, but I can't find it. (Yes, I've tried using the search function in XP...)

Umm...feeling a bit awkward...

AmadeusZ.-

mattclary
08-09-2005, 06:20 PM
If it doesn't autorun, setup.exe is in the root of the CD.

Amadeus0
08-09-2005, 06:41 PM
On My CD there are NO exe or msi files.

No setup.exe anywhere on the disk, and for the record I tried both disks, and neither has any such thing on it. Also CD1 states on the right hand side "Macintosh OS X 10.3+ [next line] Windows 2000/XP" so I don't have the wrong 'version'...

Here is a screen capture in case anyone doesn't believe me:

mattclary
08-09-2005, 06:53 PM
It looks like you are on a Mac? Don't know what to tell you there, sorry.

Amadeus0
08-09-2005, 07:05 PM
Nope. That screenshot is from a Linux box (don't ask...just... don't ask) but in WinXP it's the same directory listing...I guess a call to Newtek is in order.

Back on Topic. Has anyone more info on the "not accepting serial No." problem?

mattclary
08-09-2005, 07:50 PM
It looks like some files are hidden. Any chance of that? Can you see .exe files elsewhere on your hard drive?

Weirdness! Your directory structure is definitely different than mine! You have a folder called "Install Vue 5 Infinite", you should look there. ;)

Amadeus0
08-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Nope. No Hidden stuff (in Windows..in Linux 2 .DS_Store files, but I digress)...

The "install" folder has something for OS X (I don't have a Mac to try that out), but there are NO executables (or MSI installer files) on the disk.

I have used WinXPs' search function for the ENTIRE disk, and have looked in over half the folders manually.

A call to Newtek should hopefully resolve this quickly.

(As for seeing .exe's on my HD, the answer is yes.)

FranK10
08-10-2005, 03:22 AM
Is Vue tied to Dongle? Or is it only looking for the serial number?

If it isn't tied to dongle, is it possible to install on more than one computer?

mattclary
08-10-2005, 04:35 AM
My guess is it's not tied to the dongle. I haven't had a chance to try on a second machine yet.

mattclary
08-10-2005, 04:47 AM
FYI, I have created a case with E-On and just sent this e-mail to Newtek tech support. I encourage everyone who is having this problem to do the same.

Dear tech support, I received Vue 5 Infinite yesterday. When I attempt to install it, it asks me to enter my LightWave serial number. I enter it but Vue says it is invalid. There is a 10 digit "LightWave Activation Code" on the Vue 5 jewel case that I tried also to no avail. It SEEMS to be looking for a 10 digit number but won't accept any. There are other users on the Newtek fora that have experienced this issue also. We have entered support cases with E-On, but I would appreciate it if you guys would look into on your end, possibly contact E-On. I also went to E-On's web site and tried to register Vue, but their web site ALSO would not recognize my serial or the LW activation code from the jewel case. Thank you for your assistance. A quick response will be appreciated, as I and many others are very excited to use this new software!

Stewdent101
08-10-2005, 05:59 AM
My copy of vue arrived this morning i installed and registered it with no problems at all

mattclary
08-10-2005, 06:10 AM
It accepted your serial number with no problem? Did you register on E-On's site? Your serial number worked there? Man, this is sooooo freaking weird.

Qexit
08-10-2005, 07:23 AM
My copy of Vue 5 arrived this morning too in th eUK and I was able to register it on the E-on site after one minor hiccough. I had forgotten that I was already registered on the site as a Vue 3.1 owner from a couple of years ago, so it took a bit of faffing around and searching for lost passwords before I could get my final serial number sent out.

Just out of interest, what exactly did you get in the way of serial numbers on your Vue installation pack ? Mine came with a 10 digit Pre-Lightwave [9] Upgrade:

SERIAL# 281XXXXXXX

and a Vue 5 pre-serial number in the form:

PRE-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-999-INF

After entering those in the appropriate boxes, I was able to register and have the full serial number sent out. Vue 5 is still installing on my LW PC as I type. Taking forever to uncompress everything. Must be time for a cpu upgrade from my old 2.8 P4 ;)

The only problem I have now is registering the LW serial number over on the Newtek Europe site. The Registration screen doesn't have an option for LW9 upgraded from LW8 yet :(

mattclary
08-10-2005, 07:33 AM
Just out of interest, what exactly did you get in the way of serial numbers on your Vue installation pack ? Mine came with a 10 digit Pre-Lightwave [9] Upgrade:

SERIAL# 281XXXXXXX

and a Vue 5 pre-serial number in the form:

PRE-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-999-INF

I got the Vue temporary serial of PRE-xxx... and the jewel case had "LightWave Authorization Code" of 000xxxxxxx (all I remember are 3 leading 0s, but was definitely a 10 digit number. I tried entering that number and my actual serial number. The number you have listed above, is that your LW serial or one that came with Vue?

Qexit
08-10-2005, 07:47 AM
The number I posted was the new one on the Vue5 CD case. I presume it is/will be my LW9 Serial Number. Something tells me those leading zeroes in your number might be the cause of the problem. If the E-on dialog box treats that as a number rather than a text string then it will cut them off and only recognise you as having entered a 7 digit serial number which would be invalid. Hope you get it sorted out soon.

colkai
08-10-2005, 08:06 AM
Well,
Following the clarification by Newtek Europe over the dongle swap, my order is now in with OneVideo along with a dongle swap.
Thanks must be given to Richard at OneVideo to reacting so quickly to the information and updating the website order page to remove the charge.

So, now my poor credit card is sobbing, having just recovered from the last injury I had inflicted on it. :tongue:

Marking this thread so I can dive here if I havea similar problem to Matt.

colkai
08-10-2005, 08:08 AM
Must be time for a cpu upgrade from my old 2.8 P4 ;)
Hah! - some of us are still running AMD 1800 chips ya know. :p ;)

Actually, that's one thing I love about LW, I run LW8 in my works PC, which wsa my old home PC - A P3 550 with 256MB of RAM - runs just fine, not blazingly fast OGL, but hey - it runs! :D

Liber777
08-10-2005, 08:21 AM
SERIAL# 281XXXXXXX

Well, I was having the same problem with the install; it wouldn't take my Lightwave 8 serial number nor the Lightwave Activation Code on the CD jewel case. Right or wrong, I found a workaround solution. I just got it to work by changing the leading 000's of my Activation Code to 281. It's installing now, but I'll wait to register the product after e-on sorts out the issue.

~Stivan

mattclary
08-10-2005, 08:29 AM
I just got it to work by changing the leading 000's of my Activation Code to 281. It's installing now, but I'll wait to register the product after e-on sorts out the issue.

~Stivan

Smart man! I'll give that a shot!

Hoopti
08-10-2005, 08:43 AM
How did you know to use 281 as a leading number?

Hoop

Liber777
08-10-2005, 08:52 AM
How did you know to use 281 as a leading number?

I used the example of Qexit's serial number as being valid. It's possible that anything other than leading zeroes would have worked.

I've run into another snag now, however. My install completed successfully, but before the program will run, it requires registration with these numbers. I don't want to use my modified serial number for the obvious reason that it is wrong, and also because there could be some slight chance of it being someone else's legitimate serial.

I guess I have to wait for e-on support to get back to me... ):

~Stivan

stevecullum
08-10-2005, 08:55 AM
No problem installing mine, but didn't get a documentation folder, so manual!

mattclary
08-10-2005, 08:57 AM
It's possible that anything other than leading zeroes would have worked.

Nope, my old serial didn't work and it starts with 216.

Liber777
08-10-2005, 08:58 AM
Hi Stivan,

From the information NewTek gave us, this is indeed not a valid LightWave/Vue Bundle Serial, and therefore you can't install Vue 5 Infinite using this serial. We've contacted NewTek to see why you received this serial.

We apologize for the inconvenience and will keep you informed as soon as possible.

Best regards.

mattclary
08-10-2005, 09:18 AM
Ditto:

Hi Matt,

You should use your 216xxxxxxx Serial, which is your Lightwave Serial, and not the Activation Code. The problem is that, from the information NewTek gave us, your serial is not a valid LightWave/Vue Bundle Serial, and therefore you can't install Vue 5 Infinite using this serial. We've contacted NewTek to see why you received this serial.

We apologize for the inconvenience and will keep you informed as soon as possible.

Best regards.
Ben Lewald

I'm going to call Newtek and try to get a better serial as soon as I get back from lunch. I explained to him that 216... doesn't work.

Buster
08-10-2005, 10:40 AM
Got my copy of Vue today, and for some reason neither the installer or the registration site is recognizing my serial number. Anyone else had this issue?

Also, for those that are wondering about registering and selling issues, the copy that comes with the upgrade does not have a "normal" Vue serial number, and does apparently require a LW serial number to both install and register, although as I said, it's not recognizing any of ours at the moment.

I've sent a request to e-on on how to fix this issue but was hoping someone else had a chance to find out any info on the fix before me.

Hoop

Not a normal Vue serial number so upgrading to the next version of Vue will be not possible?

mattclary
08-10-2005, 10:43 AM
Got off the phone with customer service. They are going to track down what is going on and get back to me. Others have been calling in with the same problem.

Silverblade
08-10-2005, 12:00 PM
*total newbie to LW, been using Vue since start of this year*
E-on had problems with Infinite in that user's had bother with serial numbers for install and they had to patch/update stuff...then they screwed up with the "8" series patch

Far as I know, the version I got with LW8 is the *GOOD* patch (277255 or there abouts, 285?? LW version of Vue is on my other PC, lol will check later if need)
Do *NOT* update that if you see other patches until the current issues are resolved...that's just my personal opinion *cough*.

What happened was they wanted to encrypt items from their Cornucopia store so they coudln't be exported if so desired by original item creator...but this caused havoc with the program, and the users...I will avoid comment on that issue since I'm a newbie here and don't know the rules well...
:mad: :twak: :2guns: :compbeati :bangwall: :screwy:
Gotta love smilies *snicker*

mattclary
08-10-2005, 12:07 PM
That's a little off topic.

mattclary
08-10-2005, 01:54 PM
This is turning into a great big cluster f*ck. Newtek is telling me that E-On programmed the serial acceptance wrong and they will probably have to send me a new disc.

hrgiger
08-10-2005, 02:05 PM
I just got mine via UPS about 5 minutes ago and I had the same problem with the installer. I found this thread, replaced my three leading zeros with 216 (which is the beginning of my LW serial) and it worked fine and is currently installing.

By the way, find some way to amuse yourself during the install. It's a lengthy one.

Qexit
08-10-2005, 02:30 PM
I just got mine via UPS about 5 minutes ago and I had the same problem with the installer. I found this thread, replaced my three leading zeros with 216 (which is the beginning of my LW serial) and it worked fine and is currently installing.

By the way, find some way to amuse yourself during the install. It's a lengthy one.Given that the registration is a two stage process (there is a second stage where a further authorisation/registration code is generated once you actually run Vue5) and that you might want to upgrade and such in the future, I don't think that putting in a made up Serial Number is a very good idea. There is also the possibility that you will unintentionally enter someone else's LW Serial Number using this 'workaround' :thumbsdow I would get things sorted out through Netwek if I were you.

kml12
08-10-2005, 02:38 PM
Replacing the three zero's with 216 at the beginning of the serial numbet did the trick over here, installed and running :thumbsup:

mattclary
08-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Well, I did it too. Replaced 000 with 216. Got the software to install and their web registration accepted it too, so I am up and running. The only problem I forsee is the guy who actually has serial 216xxxxxxx and Vue won't let register. Better him than me. :lol:

Qexit
08-10-2005, 05:02 PM
Well, I did it too. Replaced 000 with 216. Got the software to install and their web registration accepted it too, so I am up and running. The only problem I forsee is the guy who actually has serial 216xxxxxxx and Vue won't let register. Better him than me. :lol:
Perhaps kml12 and yourself, and anyone else on here who has used the same trick, should do the decent thing and email Newtek to let them know which serial numbers you have successfully registered ? Otherwise, Newtek are going to be faced with a difficult problem if it turns out those numbers do belong to existing LW owners who are then unable to register their copies.

krimpr
08-10-2005, 05:17 PM
Just being nosey but I noticed that you did the dongle swap. If you don't mind me asking, um, how come? I thought that you had heard that 8.5/9.0 will be okay with the parallel port one. No? Now I'm worried again.

mattclary
08-10-2005, 05:34 PM
Perhaps kml12 and yourself, and anyone else on here who has used the same trick, should do the decent thing and email Newtek to let them know which serial numbers you have successfully registered ? Otherwise, Newtek are going to be faced with a difficult problem if it turns out those numbers do belong to existing LW owners who are then unable to register their copies.

When (if) someone tries to register the serial number we used with E-On, it should be a simple matter for E-On to find out who already registered that number and contact us. "Luuuuuucy! You got some 'splainin' to do!!!" ;)

hrgiger
08-10-2005, 08:01 PM

Perhaps it's not a trick at all. It might be that all of the numbers are still individual since we probably all got different Lightwave activation codes on our Vue CD jewel cases. I'm sure though that it would be a simple matter since Vue has all of our registration and serial number information.

GraphXs
08-10-2005, 09:45 PM
I used the 218 number mention from an eailier post and that worked, but my LW # starts with 216. I used 218 infront of the LW activation code on the Vue disk. Its no where close to my my LW8 S#. Boy, I sure hope this doesn't mess anything up. :confused:

Dang 000s :mad:

colkai
08-11-2005, 02:24 AM
Just being nosey but I noticed that you did the dongle swap. If you don't mind me asking, um, how come? I thought that you had heard that 8.5/9.0 will be okay with the parallel port one. No? Now I'm worried again.
No, you don't need to do it, but Newtek have now clearly stated that if you swap your dongle at the point of upgrade, the distributor should not charge you for that. OneVideo in the UK responded very quickly to this, (kudos deserved for that), so I figured, for the extra 10 swap at delivery to move up to a USB, I may as well take the plunge now.
If I leave it, then upgrade my hardware, I would then have to pay for a dongle swap, so I figure I'll take the re-registration hassles and move on into the 20th century. :)

colkai
08-11-2005, 02:30 AM
I think, as and when my Vue5 arrives, I'm gonna do the logical thing and check with Newtek and E-On that the codes are "correct" and should work, I'd hate to go through all this and find some sort of hiccup.
Has anyone thought to contact and ask regarding the leading Zero issues BTW?

mattclary
08-11-2005, 05:23 AM
Definitely! I talked to both Newtek and E-On. They both pointed at the other. Newtek told me E-On would have to send me a new CD that would work with the LW serial number. Yeah, I'm sure that's going to happen... :rolleyes:I asked the newtek rep to assign me a new serial number, but he said they couldn't do that. That's a bunch of crap in my opinion. I'd be surprised if they could even tell me what serial number was included on the disc they sent me. I realized how truly worthless the serial numer itself is when I got 3 copies of LightWave 8 back in that fiasco. The one I installed and registed is the only serial that means anything now. They should have been able to give me a new serial over the phone.

FYI, I've e-mailed all this info to Chuck. He's on vacation right now, but maybe he can look into it when he gets back.

colkai
08-11-2005, 05:55 AM
I've e-mailed all this info to Chuck. He's on vacation right now, but maybe he can look into it when he gets back.
Good idea - there seems to have definitely been a communication breakdown someplace.
I know when I got my DFX there was a similar process, but it went very smoothly, (at least for me). Makes me wonder if the code is to detect a specific license code or just a 'valid' one - thus the whole thing with the leading zeros.

parm
08-11-2005, 07:08 AM
The three zeros at the start could simply be a printing error.

I Got mine today, no installation problems. Serial: 281XXXXXXX.

Parm

Lost_Soul
08-11-2005, 01:39 PM
So is anyone at Newtek going to respond to this thread?

mattclary
08-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Nope. Chuck is on vacation. :cry:

Lost_Soul
08-11-2005, 02:26 PM
Guess I"ll just register with the 281 activation code, as I have been waiting for Newtek or E-on to do something since last week. :thumbsdow

Silkrooster
08-11-2005, 03:02 PM
I contacted tech support yesterday. They told me that the number is suppose to be correct and he did not know anything about others having the same problem. I also told him about this thread so someone could respond. He was suppose to call me back with an answer.
So far no call, no email and no post on this thread.
Silk

Brian Arndt
08-11-2005, 03:24 PM
Dont worry , Chuck gets back the middle of next week.
I will pass this info on and see what i can find out though.
I havent heard about this myself yet so I'll ask around.

Lost_Soul
08-11-2005, 03:29 PM
Well the Lightwave Activation code worked for me when I replaced the first three 000's with 281, So I'm up and running, now only if FPrime and G2 worked on 64bit machines. ****. :grumpy:

Silkrooster
08-11-2005, 03:34 PM
Ok, I just talked to tech support again. and they are now fully aware of the problem. I mentioned this thread again and he said it he would try to get the info he explained to me onto this thread. Apparently we need to wait a little while until it gets sorted out.
Silk

Silkrooster
08-11-2005, 03:40 PM
BTW, the numbers starting with 000 are suppose to be legit #'s, so it may be worth holding off til Newtek can straighten out this mess.
Silk

mattclary
08-11-2005, 04:04 PM
Yeah, that's what they told me too. No way in **** I was planning to wait for E-On to ship me a new CD that would accept the 000 serial number.

Silkrooster
08-11-2005, 04:29 PM
I think it would be smarter and cheaper for them to look up the correct numbers and issue those. Someplace there has to be a database of the number stored on the cd.
Silk

Bill Carey
08-11-2005, 05:05 PM
I'll add myself to the list of people that it doesn't work with. I emailed Newtek, no response. I'll try calling tomorrow. Since my money went to Newtek I want the resolution to come from there, I have no intention of screwing around with e-on at this point.

I'm leary of making up a serial number, but they need to address this pretty quick.

pixelpusher
08-11-2005, 05:18 PM
Hi,
I've logged the same problem to e-on's site.
218 didn't work for mine, though 216 did.
Casey

richcz3
08-11-2005, 05:20 PM
I've had Vue5 Inf for a few months now and E-Ons support has been "ok" when I needed it. I know they are having a bit of a mess to contend with after a recent patch. So it may take some time to get a response.

ackees
08-12-2005, 09:57 AM
I had this wrong serial error, but figured it out.
The serial number they want (web registration) is the pre serial on the VUE CD case and the LW & VUE serial inside the LW CD case, not the LW serial or the dongle lock serial (serial madness).
when you get through all that then they email you a permanent serial.
This doesn't bode well,
I broke my first commandment when buying software: never buy unless you can contact the company's tek support first - look a the vue site, no telephone numbers, no addresses, and the email does not work,
big troubles ahead.

mattclary
08-12-2005, 10:40 AM
The way I look at it, I was prepared to shell out $495 for an upgrade to 9. I got a $100 discount PLUS a pretty cool piece of software for free.

Earl
08-12-2005, 10:48 AM
I broke my first commandment when buying software: never buy unless you can contact the company's tek support first - look a the vue site, no telephone numbers, no addresses, and the email does not work,
big troubles ahead.
Heh, actually their contact info is really easy to find. Hidden away under the section "Contact" you'll find a phone number, an address, and other ways to get in touch.

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/Press/Contact.php

ackees
08-12-2005, 11:10 AM
I don't think it's easy to find, I mean usually when you clik on tek. sup. you should get that stuff, but you don't why should it be hidden away under press? also what is the click path from the .com top page?
If you go to 'support-tek support' it's not there
What you get is 'no emails please', but no telephone no. either.
Nothing is free
or should that be everything has a cost, only nothing comes free?http://vbulletin.newtek.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

pixelpusher
08-12-2005, 11:46 AM
After my attemps of loading this on my primary machine, which runs 2000, I tried it on my laptop running XP, and it autofilled the serial number for me replacing the stickered preceeding 000XXXXX with in my case 216.
This appears to be both a software and packaging problem. Where I wonder did the jewel cases get mated to the serial number stickers? That is where the problem originated is my opinion....
Casey

richcz3
08-12-2005, 11:48 AM
They do have an odd serial number policy. It applies to the original purchasers when it was released a few months back. There are two serial numbers. The other serial was in the manual if I am correct.

matt, that's a good attitude. For all the mix up at E-On, the program is a steal for the LW9 upgrade price. I paid the full amount for mine and its a pretty good program (needs work). Upgrade to LW9 and I'll have a 2nd copyy for free. Can't have enough render cows. :thumbsup:

Earl
08-12-2005, 11:54 AM
I don't think it's easy to find, I mean usually when you clik on tek. sup. you should get that stuff, but you don't why should it be hidden away under press? also what is the click path from the .com top page?
If you go to 'support-tek support' it's not there
What you get is 'no emails please', but no telephone no. either.
Agreed that they should also list the phone number under Support. However, when I want to get in contact with a company, I check out their "About Us" or "Company" info. I guess it just depends on how you think. Anyhow, two clicks from the main page to get Contact info. First click on "Company", then click on "Contact."

Marvin Miller
08-12-2005, 12:59 PM
Regarding LightWave 9 and Vue 5 Infinite

NewTek and e-on software have made several different bundle options
available to LightWave users and customers new to LightWave and e-on
software. The first of these offers was LightWave [8] full and upgrades
bundled with Vue 5 Infinite. Due to requests from LightWave [8] users on
this and other forums, for a special offer on Vue 5 Infinite, NewTek and
e-on software extended the bundle offer to include Vue 5 with a
pre-purchase of LightWave v9.

In order to activate your Vue 5 Infinite software you must have a valid
LightWave serial number or activation code. Those of you who purchased the
LightWave [8]/Vue 5 Infinite full or upgrade bundle have received an
effective LightWave serial number for registration of your Vue 5 Infinite.
However, the initial shipments of the LightWave v9/Vue 5 Infinite bundle
received an activation code that has not been implemented in the
registration system for Vue 5 Infinite. NewTek has been actively working
with e-on software to get this problem resolved. Those of you who purchased
the LightWave v9/Vue 5 Infinite bundle will receive a new activation code
via email. It is important that you use the appropriate code when
registering your Vue 5 Infinite so that your records with e-on software are
accurate and you have access to the all of the benefits offered by e-on
software.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your
patience.

mattclary
08-12-2005, 01:18 PM
Those of you who purchased
the LightWave v9/Vue 5 Infinite bundle will receive a new activation code
via email. It is important that you use the appropriate code when
registering your Vue 5 Infinite so that your records with e-on software are
accurate and you have access to the all of the benefits offered by e-on
software.

Or, just remember the number we fabricated to make it work. :compbeati

Qexit
08-12-2005, 02:05 PM
Or, just remember the number we fabricated to make it work. :compbeati:hijack:
Those of you who feel the need to treat their computers in the manner suggested by Matt's smilie might like to add this link to their bookmarks:

http://www.thestylemachine.com/metele/

:lol:

Earl
08-12-2005, 04:31 PM
Well I just received an e-mail with my "new" valid Vue 5 activation code. Talk about efficient, I still haven't even received my UPS package (according to the tracking number, it should arrive next Wednesday).

mattclary
08-12-2005, 05:37 PM
Yeah, I got my e-mail tonight too. I told customer service they just needed to give me a new serial the other day and they claimed it wasn't possible. :stumped:

:rolleyes:

Silkrooster
08-12-2005, 07:04 PM
Yep, mine is now working as well. I am noticing some errors when transfering to/from lightwave. either it works or it doesn't seams random.
Silk

Bill Carey
08-12-2005, 09:04 PM
Got mine today also, worked like a charm. I got two emails today, one from e-on saying it was newteks problem, the other from newtek saying it was e-on's problem. So, I called newtek and they said the new numbers were coming out today. Must have been a confusing day in Texas.

They took care of it though pretty quickly too. Back to vue.....

Vincenzo
08-13-2005, 12:51 AM
Does newtek automatically send new serial number to user when they are notified that someone has purchased a LW9 upgrade/Vue bundle?

Vincenzo

Bill Carey
08-13-2005, 05:15 AM
I wouldn't count on it, if the number that came with Vue doesn't work give them a call and drop an email.

gjjackson
08-16-2005, 09:47 AM
Could someone post the steps they took in order to get Vue to work, installation, registration etc. I can't get anywhere. I did get the email from Newtek with the new activation code.

I trust this isn't going to be like another situation I've had, where I bought some CD's that required an activaiton code and authenticated via Web. I made a mistake in activation and being trying to get it activated for two months now. I've sent numerous emails without a single reply. I contacted their Attorney General and filed a complaint. I guess my next stop will be the BBB and the FTC. I'm probably just screwed though. Wasted my money.

stevecullum
08-16-2005, 11:36 AM
Assuming you have the same install disks I do, go to the vue website and register with the PRE-XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX etc serial number.

www.e-onsoftware.com/register/vue5lwbundle/

They should then email a full code back. Install with this full code.

Good luck!

mattclary
08-16-2005, 12:01 PM
Could someone post the steps they took in order to get Vue to work, installation, registration etc. I can't get anywhere. I did get the email from Newtek with the new activation code.

I trust this isn't going to be like another situation I've had, where I bought some CD's that required an activaiton code and authenticated via Web. I made a mistake in activation and being trying to get it activated for two months now. I've sent numerous emails without a single reply. I contacted their Attorney General and filed a complaint. I guess my next stop will be the BBB and the FTC. I'm probably just screwed though. Wasted my money.

Install Vue. Type in your NEW LightWave serial number when it asks for it. Register on Vue's site, it will ask for the Vue code of PRE-xxxxxx that is on your jewel case and your LW serial number. When you are done, they will e-mail you an activation code you will need to actuall run Vue. It's pretty self explanatory, just go with it, you will figure it out.

gjjackson
08-16-2005, 12:08 PM
I wasn't aware they'd email you, but on my account page it says "No product registered for this user". So that was the reason for my query. I don't know if that was normal or not. I must say the registration for UV EditPro and LW8 is much better.

New2Lw
08-16-2005, 04:06 PM
I was really hoping to get my vue installed tonight, doesn't look like it. No email and my lightwave serial doesn't work :thumbsdow

Time to argue with tech support I guess.

Blaine91555
08-16-2005, 09:38 PM
I was able to get my permanent (2nd number) while registering at E-on. No e-mail was needed. You need to register twice before it will work. First you register by selecting the icon to register the Vue Lightwave bundle. Then after entering the given number you will get an installation number. Then you again register using that number by selcting the icon to register Vue Infinite and following the instructions. The process seems strange and it took an exchange with E-ons tech support to figure it out, but it worked.

lede
08-16-2005, 09:54 PM
Got my E-Mail last week and today the UPS guy showed up with my CD so the install wen't very smoothly compared to what I've read in here. Hope you all get it sorted out because this program is fun to play around with.

-Lee

gjjackson
08-17-2005, 09:11 AM
I was able to get my permanent (2nd number) while registering at E-on. No e-mail was needed. You need to register twice before it will work. First you register by selecting the icon to register the Vue Lightwave bundle. Then after entering the given number you will get an installation number. Then you again register using that number by selcting the icon to register Vue Infinite and following the instructions. The process seems strange and it took an exchange with E-ons tech support to figure it out, but it worked.

I did the registration but didn't get any other numbers. I tried to go back and go through the registration again, because the account page 'No product registered to this account.' So I don't know what to think. I haven't heard from the Tech Support people either. Anymore I get real impatient with vendors. It shouldn't be this much of a headache just to get a **** piece of software to work.

kcole
08-17-2005, 04:53 PM
First you register by selecting the icon to register the Vue Lightwave bundle. Then after entering the given number you will get an installation number

This is the part that didn't work for me, and appears to be malfunctioning for others as well. The PRE code (and activation code) were accepted by the registration page, but no install serial number was given, and the registration page shows no indication of it. There are several of us posting into a support ticket on e-on's site with exactly the same problem. :compbeati

Unfortunately, e-on doesn't offer phone or email support. :thumbsdow Any help from newtek would be appreciated! I sent a support email in to newtek hoping they could lend a hand.

gjjackson
08-18-2005, 06:05 AM
Yeah it seem when you start a support thread it takes two days to get a replly. The last reply I got was a question, "The serial number is here, didn't you get mail with it". Well that obvious. I need support because of no serial number and they ask didn't I get a serial number. It's been just about a week now Waiting for a NUMBER! Give me the **** number, People. :cursin:

kcole
08-18-2005, 07:34 AM
I've just opened a new ticket as well. The problem is that another user had posted an additional question to the original thread and the support technician responded to it, so some of us assumed he would respond to our additions as well.

Lito
08-18-2005, 07:41 AM
Hmmm, What browser did you guys register with? I am only asking because I have had some sites have problems with Firefox and I had to go and use IE for those particular sites because they coded them for IE only :thumbsdow.

kcole
08-18-2005, 07:43 AM
i.e. here, but I can't say for 100% assurance that I didn't miss something on the registration success page. So, I tried to go back through it and am told that the PRE number has already been used. Others reporting the issue tried the same thing, so it's possible the number was there and we all missed it. There should be a way to get to the number though. One-shot-or-forget-it is a recipe for confusion and support tickets.

Liber777
08-18-2005, 07:44 AM
Hmmm, What browser did you guys register with?...

I registered my copy using Firefox 1.0.6 and had no problems.

~Stivan

gjjackson
08-18-2005, 07:51 AM
They do seem to have some problems. I supposedly am registered but the account page says "You haven't registered any products on this account." This seems to be the case since I can't get to any forums, updates, etc. So it would appear I have an e-on account but nothing registered. So I go back and try to register Vue. Well lo and behold, it says I've already registered the software. I don't see why it should be all too difficult to find the problem. Surely they have a database with all the information. So a query of the DB shouldn't be that big of a deal. I've put in 3 replies this last time and still waiting. So a person doesn't know if they're actually getting notified of a new reply.

colkai
08-18-2005, 08:22 AM
They do seem to have some problems. I supposedly am registered but the account page says "You haven't registered any products on this account." This seems to be the case since I can't get to any forums, updates, etc.

Yeah, that's the stage I'm in, i've regististered, but cannot acess the forums, quite frustrating. :i_agree:

Aquaman
08-18-2005, 09:10 AM
I'm in the same boat as well. If I try and reregister it tells me that the serial has already been registered. Also the E-mail I received from e-on gives me my username and password that was used to register which is what I'm logging in with but still shows I have nothing registered on their site. At any rate at least getting the final serial from e-on was smooth and I had no problems there, so I can at least play with the software.

gjjackson
08-18-2005, 09:10 AM
I just found something quite Interesting. I don't have the Vue package with me so I don't have the PRE number. I went to the register page for the LW bundle and entered everything but the PRE number and just left it PRE. It comes back saying that it's already been registered. Maybe this has something to do with the problem.

Signal to Noise
08-19-2005, 06:48 PM
I just finished registering. Everything seemed to go okay. The only tricky part was entering the LW serial #. I thought it wanted my [8] serial but instead wanted the LW ID on the sticker on the Vue CD case which I guess is the serial for [9](?). Got it all figured out and all is good. :thumbsup:

gjjackson
08-19-2005, 08:51 PM
I'm still waiting for the serial number and haven't gotten any replys from e-on.

Lito
08-19-2005, 10:09 PM
Well I got my Vue 5 today and it installed with no problems. Here is what I noticed:

1) The pre number you "register" is not really a product serial number that will show up on their list as a registered product. If I am not mistaken it looks like it is used in combination with the LW Activation code to generate the real install serial number which is emailed to you.

2) If you got the email saying you are now a registered user of their web site then that is where the real install serial number is located. At first I didn't notice it and thought it only contained the info for logging into their web site.

3) At this point even if you login to your account no products will be listed as being registered.

4) After you install vue and run it. It will pop up a box with yet another serial number that is the "support" serial number. This is the one you can register with the website. I registered using the Vue5 infinite option not the LW bundle one because that just brings you back to the same screen you used to get the real install serial number.

Hope that helps someone out. Overall it was painless for me, though all the serial numbers it generates for you to enter then install then to register the product is kind of a PIA.

gjjackson
08-19-2005, 10:24 PM
I went to the Online Registration from the dialog box and entered the information from there. I didn't get any serial number and haven't gotten any emails. All I got from e-on was 'you should have gotten the email'. That's the last I've heard from them. If I'd gotten the email I sure wouldn't be there asking for the **** serial number. It's been about a week now and haven't heard a single word. I ordered mine on the 3rd like many others who are Now using theirs. I sure would like to know who I can cuss out over this. This service is the Most pathetic I've seen. Virtually every other software package lets you use it until you get a serial number, but not these idiots.

Signal to Noise
08-19-2005, 11:26 PM
...There are other users on the Newtek fora...

Hey Matt. I'm just curious if "fora" is an actual word or made up by youself. Is it plural for 'forum'?

I'm always on the look out for new words and 'geek speak' in general. I thought "fora" was kind of interesting and especially so when used in actual letter. :thumbsup:

Hopefully all you Vue owners get your registration problems sorted out. Look on the bright side...at least you don't have to communicate with help desks located in India! :)

Signal to Noise
08-20-2005, 12:22 AM
...1) The pre number you "register" is not really a product serial number that will show up on their list as a registered product. ...

3) At this point even if you login to your account no products will be listed as being registered.

4) After you install vue and run it. It will pop up a box with yet another serial number that is the "support" serial number. This is the one you can register with the website. I registered using the Vue5 infinite option...

Yup, confirmed. I discovered all of the above as well. I was trying to access the supposed Vue forums (which don't seem to exist) and kept getting a message that I needed to register the software first. I thought I had. Turns out that the LW Bundle option doesn't work and had success like Lito stated when using the Vue 5 Infinite option and the serial # beginning with INST that is provided to you.

A very confusing process indeed! 8/

GCL
08-20-2005, 06:35 AM
. I was trying to access the supposed Vue forums (which don't seem to exist) and kept getting a message that I needed to register the software first.

A very confusing process indeed! 8/

Try this link for the forums:

https://secure.e-onsoftware.com/SignIn.php?a=3&return_path=%2FSupport%2FForum%2F

ColinCohen
08-20-2005, 10:05 AM
Hey Matt. I'm just curious if "fora" is an actual word or made up by youself. Is it plural for 'forum'?

Yes, the correct plural of "forum" is "fora."

gjjackson
08-22-2005, 08:46 AM
Well, it's going on two weeks with no serial number for Vue. No replies, nothing.

mattclary
08-22-2005, 09:04 AM
Signal to Noise: Yep. http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=forum

gjjackson, you should e-mail Chuck if you aren't getting any response.

colkai
08-22-2005, 09:26 AM
Weird, I registered on the web for Vue no problems, then input the "Vue5" code on run and away I went, no hiccups at all.
I've even got my LW / DFX and (most of) my plugins transferred to my new USB dongle in only a couple of days. I'd definitely check up on things, Newtek are normally bang on the ball. Though my Vue5 forum acceptance is still fubar'd.

Signal to Noise
08-22-2005, 12:13 PM
Try this link for the forums:

https://secure.e-onsoftware.com/SignIn.php?a=3&return_path=%2FSupport%2FForum%2F

Awesome! That link does the trick. :thumbsup:

Time to check out the Vue fora! ;)

kcole
08-22-2005, 04:54 PM
Same boat here, no INST code received via email or through the site. It's not in the spam folders and I am able to receive other emails from their site.

I wonder if the issue is related to whether the user already had an account. I did, having owned Vue 4. If the INST key comes in the account welcome email, that would explain why I didn't get it. How about others having this issue - did you already have an e-on account?

I've opened a support ticket with them, replied to another ticket listing the same issue, and called the support line many many times. Clearly, their support is teh suck.

Lito
08-22-2005, 08:50 PM
I did not have an e-on account already when I registered, I am a first time user. I got an email with the subject "Vue 5 Infinite - LigntWave Bundle Registration" and the few lines had the real vue serial number in it followed by the account login information. BTW the INST key is not what is sent to you a VUE5INF key is sent. That one once you install with it will generate a INST key that you use to actually register Vue5 inf on their website for product support and forum access.

kcole
08-22-2005, 08:52 PM
Sorry, I meant the VUE5INF key. The registration system is a bit convoluted. For the others that did not get their VUE5INF key, did you already have an e-on account?

gjjackson
08-23-2005, 05:59 AM
I made a complaint to Newtek, the person who sent the Vue activation code, and got a quick reply from e-on. I told them I never received the final serial number and soon got a reply with it. They suggested a spam setting. I have my own mail server so I know the filters are sent to a spam folder. Nothing from e-on there. I also use several dns blacklisters. If they were on one of those I wouldn't have gotten a support reply.

colkai
08-23-2005, 06:52 AM
I also use several dns blacklisters. If they were on one of those I wouldn't have gotten a support reply.
Not neccesarily, if th eemails come from different addresses, depends if you have your spam filter tied to the sender, or the domain.
I've tripped myself up a couple of times with that, so now I tendto set my filters for any user at specific domains.
Of course, you may already do that, in which case... I'm wittering. ;) :stumped:

GCL
08-23-2005, 07:11 AM
Just in case, here's a link for a pictorial explanation to register Vue 5.

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=39785

art
08-23-2005, 08:01 AM
Did anyone take advantage of the $50 cornucopia deal when registering vue online? I registered, but I was credited only with $20.

BTW. Registration worked for me, my CD apparently came from the new batch with fixed serial numbers, BUT, the online registration itself was confusing and not fully explained. I spent several minutes trying to figure out which serial number goes where (there was 1 LW serial on CD, my original LW serial and 3 e-on's vue numbers)

gjjackson
08-23-2005, 08:23 AM
Not neccesarily, if th eemails come from different addresses, depends if you have your spam filter tied to the sender, or the domain.
I've tripped myself up a couple of times with that, so now I tendto set my filters for any user at specific domains.
Of course, you may already do that, in which case... I'm wittering. ;) :stumped:

I don't remember which DNS blacklisters I'm using. They're free ones though. Those blacklisters use domain restrictions. The filters on the mail server are sent to a spam folder. There were no emails from e-on software there. The blacklisted ones, if any, don't make it that far.
I didn't find the registration that much of a problem, it was just waiting for a serial number. I many times use script blocking (Avant browser) and if there was a popup with the serial number I may have lost it that way. I use ad blocker, popup blocker, script blocking etc.

GCL
08-23-2005, 11:20 AM
Did anyone take advantage of the $50 cornucopia deal when registering vue online? I registered, but I was credited only with $20.

Exactly my point ! I did see the $20 credit but no reference to the $50. Could Chuck or a representative of Vue get on this forum and explain what happened.
I would like to see that $50 credit as promised or where to obtain it.

kcole
08-23-2005, 11:49 AM
I got a call back from e-on "support", and he was unable to help me. Apparently, they do not have access to that kind of information here. He suggested I call the European development office, and/or email the president of marketing or the president of e-on. This is ridiculous.

To boil down the issue as I understand it: The LW bundle registration at e-on has a bug. It normally sends out the "VUE5INF" code (needed for program registration, and required to run the program) as part of the "welcome" email containing the new user's username and password. Since this email is sent only in the case of a new account, anyone with an existing e-on software account does not receive the email, and has no access to the VUE5INF code.

The answer can't be for each affected LW user to call Europe and/or contact the president of e-on. Newtek, please lend some assistance here.

kcole
08-23-2005, 12:03 PM
Update: I contacted the European support via 01133143142815, and after a lengthy hold and an even lengthier explanation to someone who's English was not quite fluent, I think I explained the problem. He (surprise, surprise) also said he couldn't help me directly, and would have to forward the issue to the web development team for evaluation. When he hears back, he has promised to update my support ticket.

If it seems I don't sound optimistic about the chances for resolution... you are correct.

kcole
08-23-2005, 01:00 PM
Update: Support contacted me back and they have updated their site to correct the issue. The VUE5INF code is now displayed at the time of pre-registration, so all is solved for my case. Others experiencing the problem can give the pre-registration another go now.

Signal to Noise
08-23-2005, 05:05 PM
Did anyone take advantage of the $50 cornucopia deal when registering vue online? I registered, but I was credited only with $20. ...

Isn't the Cornucopia site...erm...non-functioning?

Following customer feedback, we are in the process of re-evaluating the way Cornucopia works. A survey will be sent out by newsletter to all registered users and the store modified according to the results. The store will remain closed until these changes are completely implemented..

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

FONGOOL
08-23-2005, 05:23 PM
Yeah, their registration is messed up. I kept going in circles of being asked for my pre-registration number, filling it all in, being given the registration code for installing the software (which worked great) and then seeing that I had no registered products in my user account.

Then, unexpectedly, about the fifth time through the cycle, I got a slightly different screen that asked instead for the inst- code that was generated inside Vue after installation!

So that's the key, keep clicking back and forth on stuff until you get the screen that wants the inst- number rather than the pre- number.

-Or at least that's what I thought until I copied in the INST-number that Vue generated and I get a error message that says it's invalid. The stupid thing is that the example of what a valid numer should look like is WAY too long to fit into the little window that displays the number on the vue startup screen!

So I almost got there... :thumbsdow

What a carnival of absolute botchery. Newtek and E-on should be deeply embarrassed and give us all $200 cornucopia vouchers. :D

FONGOOL
08-23-2005, 05:44 PM
LOL I figured out what was happening! The button on their registration page that says "Vue5 Infinite Lightwave Bundle" actually sends you to the registration page for Vue5 Studio Pro! That's why the INST-code is rejected!

I just clicked on the "Vue5 Infinite" button to the left of the LW bundle button, and that one let me register without any problems! :thumbsup:

art
08-24-2005, 07:03 AM
Isn't the Cornucopia site...erm...non-functioning?
At the moment it seems to be closed. However, I can still see my $20 on my account there> My hope is that once they are up at some point in the future I'll be able to use that money (and buy a pine tree?)

colkai
08-24-2005, 07:15 AM
Still can't get onto the forums, says I don't have a package registered that is relevant :(

art
08-24-2005, 07:27 AM
Did you successfully register vue on eon's page?

edit: I thought you were talking about the cornucopia store. I tried accessing the forum, but I got the same message. Apparently I have no corresponding products registered under my account, but I do have vue 5 infinite listed under registered products.

colkai
08-24-2005, 08:00 AM
yup - that's the one - frustrating or what?

Tiger
08-24-2005, 10:33 AM
My Vue will come tomorrow... :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Bigboy
08-24-2005, 02:41 PM
Dont know if this info has been posted but.... I have been told by the makers of Vue5 that Newtek have been giving out some dodgy PRE-??? numbers. And if you cant register with the install serial that you recieve, to get back in touch with Newtek to get a new PRE- number.

art
08-25-2005, 02:01 PM
Exactly my point ! I did see the $20 credit but no reference to the $50. Could Chuck or a representative of Vue get on this forum and explain what happened.
I would like to see that $50 credit as promised or where to obtain it.

I posted the question to e-on tech support. Here is a copy of their resonse:
"[...] the indication which appeared on the splash screen was incorrect: as your Vue 5 Infinite is part of a special offer, the welcome-voucher on Cornucopia3D is only $20. It will allow you to purchase additionnal content on Cornucopia3D as soon as the store is reopened."

kennez
08-26-2005, 01:05 PM
I had absolutely no problems registering my copy of Vue 5 Infinate, and I already had an account with E-on. Everything went smoothly from ordering my copy via OneVideo here in the UK, to running Vue for the first time.

ChristieK
08-26-2005, 03:01 PM
Hi, all!

The Cornucopia3D site is indeed open. In order to register at Cornucopia3D, and have your voucher credited to your account, you must use the exact registration information you used to register your Infinite at the e-on software website. I recommend going over to e-on and checking your account and making a note of your e-on identity, and your registration information.

We have a bunch of areas we are working on at the site. Currently, the forums and galleries are up and running and you're most welcome to come by and post! We have a forum called "Vue - Integration" that you might find of interest, since that's where most people who are using Vue with Lightwave and other software packages are posting.

The store is currently closed for some "renovation", but we hope to have it re-opened soon. We had some problems when we opened with both the store itself and content installation, but the moderator team is beta testing both Vue releases and the store and content and we hope to have those things squared away shortly.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any problems, and hope to see you at Cornucopia3D!

ChristieK
Cornucopia3D Site Administrator/Moderator

Qexit
08-26-2005, 03:24 PM
Hi, all!

The Cornucopia3D site is indeed open. In order to register at Cornucopia3D, and have your voucher credited to your account, you must use the exact registration information you used to register your Infinite at the e-on software website. I recommend going over to e-on and checking your account and making a note of your e-on identity, and your registration information.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any problems, and hope to see you at Cornucopia3D!

ChristieK
Cornucopia3D Site Administrator/ModeratorOK, my account registration info is identical at e-on and Cornucopia3D (except for the lack of Alias field in the e-on info) but I have no $50 voucher credited to me. Who do I contact to sort this out ? The only option through the site appears to be Tech Support..which I have used but only a couple of hours ago so I don;t expect a response just yet.

ChristieK
08-26-2005, 03:29 PM
Hi, Kevin.

It's a good idea if we move any Cornucopia3D tech support stuff over to the Cornucopia3D forum, if you wouldn't mind, as I read the announcement at the top of the forum here that they prefer posts about NewTek. Could you please post your question over there?

Thanks!
ChristieK
Cornucopia3D Site Administrator/Moderator

Qexit
08-26-2005, 03:43 PM
Hi Christie,

I've posted my question over on the Cornucopi3D forum as requested in the existing Vouchers thread in the Store Talk forum as this seemed an appropriate spot :thumbsup:

http://www.cornucopia3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=294

ChristieK
08-27-2005, 01:27 AM
I've just replied to your posts, Kevin, Malcolm and Bytehawk. And I also talked to Chuck, forum moderator here, who says its ok for me to post assistance here if necessary.

To all, if you post your questions/problems over at the Cornucopia3D site, you'll have a better chance of an answer, as I'm the only admin/mod from there who's registered here, but we have a bunch of folks who can get to your posts and help you over on that side.

Thanks!

ChristieK
Cornucopia3D Site Admininstrator/Moderator

Imatk
09-02-2005, 12:53 AM
Well I finally installed Vue wow it's a great piece of... oh... no... wait... umm... it doesn't work!

Even used my supposed "correct serial number"

Still says I need a "correct" serial number.

Well done.... well done.

richcz3
09-02-2005, 01:15 AM
I think the serial number you are looking for now shows up when you fire up Vue. You can also access it from the top far right menu (info or about if I'm correct). It should read 5INF-XXXX- or something like that. That's what you want to use to register.

I just upgraded to LW9 today. Already bought Vue months ago. Now a 2nd copy. Yes, the Serial Number stuff is very long winded and confusing. Not looking forward to a 2nd round of that.

Imatk
09-02-2005, 08:24 AM
I never even got to a screen past the install... I can't start it at all.

mrunion
09-02-2005, 08:40 AM
I never even got to a screen past the install... I can't start it at all.

Forgive me if I'm repeating old info you've already done, but here is the order I had to perform:

1) Start installing the software and you are first prompted for a VUEPRE key. It's on the CD case that VUE came in.
2) You can click a link on the installer and go to a page where you register using the VUEPRE S/N AND the LW 9 S/N (that is also on a sticker on the CD case).
3) Once you do that, there is a VUEINF number given. I copied mine off the screen after I registered, but I also got an email with it in there.
4) Use the new VUEINF registration number to continue the installation/use of the software.

There was a "screenshot tutorial" floating around on the forums a few days ago. It might also be helpful.

Imatk
09-02-2005, 01:07 PM
Forgive me if I'm repeating old info you've already done, but here is the order I had to perform:

1) Start installing the software and you are first prompted for a VUEPRE key. It's on the CD case that VUE came in.
2) You can click a link on the installer and go to a page where you register using the VUEPRE S/N AND the LW 9 S/N (that is also on a sticker on the CD case).
3) Once you do that, there is a VUEINF number given. I copied mine off the screen after I registered, but I also got an email with it in there.
4) Use the new VUEINF registration number to continue the installation/use of the software.

There was a "screenshot tutorial" floating around on the forums a few days ago. It might also be helpful.

Yes... I never got to any VUEPRE key.... when I click on the "Register" button after it installs it does nothing... doesn't go to any website etc. so I had to do it manually... I was given a registration number....still doesn't work

In any case I think it's pretty sad that this is so complicated that it actually needs a tutorial to accompany it for an install... ridiculous.

u wild
09-07-2005, 03:26 PM
I`ve managed to install Vue 5 but now it runs a an educational version. Never was prompted to enter the new serial i recieved via email after registration. Even after reinstalling Vue, there`s no prompt to enter the new serial. :eek:

ChristieK
09-08-2005, 02:56 AM
Now that's really strange! I've asked the e-on folks about this, no idea why it would start running an educational version!

From e-on, for folks having trouble with registration of their Infinite and getting their $20 Cornucopia3D voucher:

"First thing is to make sure that you've registered with the "INST-" code
(the installation code). This means you actually have to register twice: once with the LW Bundle "PRE" serial, and one with the installation code. Once you've done that, you should see the $20."

Make certain, when you come over to Cornucopia3D, that you register with the exact info you used to register your Infinite over @ e-on; that way the databases can sync up.

ChristieK
09-08-2005, 03:16 AM
u wild, did you have a previous educational version of a Vue product installed? This would leave an entry in Windows that might case this weirdness. If so, you need to delete the Vue5Infinite.reg file from your Windows folder and then reinstall.

u wild
09-08-2005, 03:37 AM
Hi ChristieK!

Thank you very much for your effort in helping me! The only version of Vue i ever installed before was the Vue 5 Infinite Trial. However, i've uninstalled it before installing the full version. I never payed attention for the Vue5Infinite.reg file you mentioned. As soon as i get home, i'll try to uninstall vue, delete this file manually and reinstall the software. Maybe this will be the solution for this problem. Thank you for your advice. I'll keep you informed about what happened.

urs

ChristieK
09-08-2005, 03:45 AM
Hey, no problem to try and help! If all goes well, and you get your Infinite registered (see posts above for instructions on how to do that!), come on over to Cornucopia3d and register with your EXACT info you registered with @ e-on!

u wild
09-08-2005, 04:37 AM
OK, i`ve deleted the Vue5Infinite.reg file and startet Vue again, and after this, there came a window where i was able to enter my name and serial. This came never before. However, after inserting the serial i recieved yesterday after registration, Vue now runs properly and as a full version! I really do not know, what went wrong, but now everything runs smooth. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your help!

Urs

ChristieK
09-08-2005, 09:11 AM
Excellent! Make certain you register @ e-on (see posts above) and come on over to Cornucopia3D. We'll be re-opening the store in the next couple of weeks and will have some new content in there as well.

Glad it worked for you!!

:D

jbcaro
09-15-2005, 05:29 PM
When exactly does the credit vouchers show up on Cornucopia3D? I registered my Vue5 Infinite today (online as instructed, about 3 hours ago) and the credit hasn't shown up yet. Maybe it takes a day or so.

jbcaro

ginhan
09-15-2005, 11:02 PM
I just finished registering. Everything seemed to go okay. The only tricky part was entering the LW serial #. I thought it wanted my [8] serial but instead wanted the LW ID on the sticker on the Vue CD case which I guess is the serial for [9](?). Got it all figured out and all is good. :thumbsup:

Thanks.. I thought I was gonna have that problem too. I was entering my lw8 number in.

the little sticker that looks like the upc symbol...
The should have labeled it LW # !!!!

ChristieK
09-16-2005, 12:39 AM
jbcaro, have you registered @ Cornucopia3D? You must use the exact registration information you used @ e-on to register your Vue 5 Infinite. Then your voucher should show in your account.

mdunakin
10-08-2005, 05:48 PM
I like how you took the mellon hat off of the kitty and put it on your lady avatar :)

Too classic!

.......................md :)