PDA

View Full Version : Chuck and or Kurtis- can we sell Vue 5?

wacom
08-09-2005, 01:09 PM
Even though it is a wonderful program I have no use for Vue 5. Are we allowed to transfer our copy or sell it? I know it isn't tied to the dongle, but I can't seem to get a straight answer on this.

Just wanting to know.

Thanks,
Gideon

mattclary
08-09-2005, 01:45 PM
At the risk of being censored: I say f*ck it. Buy it and sell it. I don't think they will send the cops to your house. ;) If you never register it with e-on, no one will be the wiser, and I think morally you would be in the right.

T-Light
08-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Mattclarey

If you never register it with e-on, no one will be the wiser, and I think morally you would be in the right.
That's the problem Matt, if the E-on software has given an exclusive series of serials to the Newtek deal, then the end customer may not be able to register the software.

Suppose it depends on the person you're selling to, but If I was buying second hand I'd want to know I could register the software simply for upgrades etc.

Anyway, they should all should be back at Newtek now so surely somebody can put everybodies mind to rest on this. :)

mattclary
08-09-2005, 05:39 PM
Well, here you go....

mattclary
08-09-2005, 05:42 PM
OK, next step. ;)

Hoopti
08-09-2005, 05:54 PM
You beat me to it, hehe.

Hoop

mattclary
08-09-2005, 05:58 PM
Hoopti, did you ever figure out what number it is looking for? It refuses to take my LW serial and it won't take the 10 digit "LW Activation code" on the jewel case.

wacom
08-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Hoopti, did you ever figure out what number it is looking for? It refuses to take my LW serial and it won't take the 10 digit "LW Activation code" on the jewel case.

Hey, no worries, it's just your SSN! Hehehehe.

So basiclly I'm good to go on this, but NewTek will not offically condone selling Vue 5?

Chuck? Kurtis? At least give us a "no comment"!

mattclary
08-09-2005, 07:54 PM
That whole "LightWave Serila Number here" part makes me itchy...

T-Light
08-09-2005, 09:16 PM
Matt-

That whole "LightWave Serila Number here" part makes me itchy...

I'm with Matt.

hrgiger
08-09-2005, 10:27 PM
It looks like you can transfer it but they probably have to have a licensed copy of Lightwave to use it. I can't imagine they're sending out personalized copies of Vue 5 that have your specific Lightwave serial number tied to it?

T-Light
08-10-2005, 12:03 AM
HRGiger-

It looks like you can transfer it but they probably have to have a licensed copy of Lightwave to use it.

OK, here we go...

1) Doesn't have a box
2) Doesn't have a printed manual
3) Only LW registered people need apply

Jees, Good Luck on the sales front!

I'd buy the software and sell an 'idea' to the first delivery guy, travel business, any business you come across that require some decent graphics to push their sales.

Unreasonable? this entire business was made on unreasonable :)

pauland
08-10-2005, 05:09 AM
Aren't you guys losing sight of the fact that this is a bonus for upgrading to LW 9, not some moneyspinner for someone out to make a fast buck..

wacom
08-10-2005, 09:55 AM
Aren't you guys losing sight of the fact that this is a bonus for upgrading to LW 9, not some moneyspinner for someone out to make a fast buck..

I'm not trying to make a fast buck! If LW 9 was 295 to upgrade I'd have the money right now. Yes I'm that poor. I'm not asking them to lower the price- I'm just trying to get my hands on LW9.

pauland
08-10-2005, 10:02 AM
I'm just trying to get my hands on LW9.
You'll have to wait in the queue like the rest of us! ;-)

I don't really follow what vue has to do with how quickly you'll get LW9.

Paul

kohlrabi_croce
08-10-2005, 10:18 AM
HRGiger-

OK, here we go...

1) Doesn't have a box
2) Doesn't have a printed manual
3) Only LW registered people need apply

Jees, Good Luck on the sales front!

I'd buy the software and sell an 'idea' to the first delivery guy, travel business, any business you come across that require some decent graphics to push their sales.

Unreasonable? this entire business was made on unreasonable :)

personallly, I'd rather pay the full amount for software, and get full
rights to registration and upgrades.

pauland
08-10-2005, 10:47 AM
personallly, I'd rather pay the full amount for software, and get full
rights to registration and upgrades.

I think that's what you do get.