PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered LW9 from Newtek Europe

Bytehawk
08-09-2005, 09:52 AM
Just ordered LW9 from Newtek Europe

have to say their callback service is top ! Have never had such a pleasure ordering something.

Edith took my order and in less than 5 minutes everything was arranged. I even got to speak to Ben afterwards.

Kudo's to the NT-europe team for such an enjoyable experience.

T-Light
08-09-2005, 10:10 AM
You talked to Ben?
Subject of releasing 8.5 didn't pop up in the conversation did it? :)

Bytehawk
08-09-2005, 10:12 AM
You talked to Ben?
Subject of releasing 8.5 didn't pop up in the conversation did it? :)

nope, jus said hi, he told me he was achieving super results with the new renderer. something like 24 passes in the time of what i believe you could get 4 passes now.

joeldberry
08-09-2005, 10:12 AM
How did you get the blurry reflection in this image?

http://users.skynet.be/bytehawk/3d/pen2.jpg

Bytehawk
08-09-2005, 10:13 AM
How did you get the blurry reflection in this image?

http://users.skynet.be/bytehawk/3d/pen2.jpg

Fprime ....

adrian
08-09-2005, 10:27 AM
I agree about Newtek-Europe being tops for service - they were great with me recently as well when I bought 8.3 :-)

Adrian.

joeldberry
08-09-2005, 10:32 AM
Fprime ....

Sweet... thanks! I am waiting for this rumored FPrime/G2 special deal Worley is about to offer at a great price, and then I am going to bite! I didn't think you could get the blurry reflections from Lightwave's rendering engine... but I didn't know how you did it, if you could!

Thanks again,

jdb

byte_fx
08-09-2005, 11:13 AM
Lots of ways to get blurred reflections in LW.

Start with using the blur percentage control under reflection properties.

For things like floors add a bit of fresnel - if the surface is bumpy try some bump gradient as well.

All the tools are there.

If all else fails to acheive the look you want evasion www.evasion3d.com markets Hypersmooth thru www.sharbor.com. Check out the gallery at evasion's site. It's a very handy plug to have for several reasons.

byte_fx

Bytehawk
08-09-2005, 01:36 PM
about the blur, you can do it easily in lw-plain - just up the passes and increase the blur percentage in the surface properties. Fprime makes this option much more interesting because it renders faster. I 'd love to see a comparison with the new renderer though.....

byte_fx
08-09-2005, 01:56 PM
about the blur, you can do it easily in lw-plain - just up the passes and increase the blur percentage in the surface properties. Fprime makes this option much more interesting because it renders faster. I 'd love to see a comparison with the new renderer though.....

Sounds familiar.