PDA

View Full Version : [Plugin Request] Battlefield 2 Exporter

wolverine1900
08-09-2005, 04:22 AM
Hi all,

Battlefield 2 is the game of choice :)

Is anyone capable (and willing) of writing an Exporter? I would if I could... If you know a tutorial how to write an exporter, I'll give it a try. I am not a coder, but I know there are some of you out there :)

Any help on this?

Greetings,
wolverine

Hoopti
08-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Do you have a clue on what format the objects are stored in? That would be the first place to start.

Hoop

Lamont
08-09-2005, 02:28 PM
Writing an exporter is pretty difficult, so unless you are a coder, and a good one, you're wasting time.

Why BF2? You can bypass all that stuff and get the same functionality in the Unreal Engine.

Hoopti
08-09-2005, 02:49 PM
Probably because he wants to mod the content of BF2, just like alot of folks did with the original. I played the original alot, and loved the added content, especially the vietnam war mods that were out.

BF 2 is basically a modern warfare game, and I've already heard of projects to convert it "back" to pickup things like Vietnam and Korea.

Hoop

wolverine1900
08-10-2005, 03:04 AM
hi all and thx for your feedback.

In reply to Hoopti:
The files' doc-suffiy is ".mb" afaik. But the BF2-Community is well organised and it is not difficult to get more Informations about the FileFormat. They read 3dStudio (.3ds NOT .max) and MAYA-files natively... So why not .lws??

In reply to Lamont:
Exactly that is my Problem: I am no coder so I hoped to get a little help from my friends out there :D
I already made some static meshes for UT2004. But I like BF2 as well. Maybe I'll put the toilet-car from UT2004 into BF2. Would be very funny :rock:

In reply to Hoopti (2):
Bullseye... I played BF1942 and BFVietnam. The map I liked most is Omaha Beach. I will try to give it a BF2 remake... No needs for Lightwave here but in my opinion, Lightwave is perfect for game-modelling. Maya's Toolset derives from NURBS editing and Lightwave's Modeller has a bunch of tools to get the job easily done.

And: I bought Lightwave, so why should I change package to get the job done? I'm a hobbyist and no Pro...