PDA

View Full Version : Any LW user from Maryland, DC or north virginia ?

JML
08-08-2005, 05:14 PM
Any LW user from Maryland, DC or north virginia ?

just in case somebody quit at my work (which might happen soon), and if they have to hire somebody else, I would prefer to have a LW user instead of a maya or max user ;)

Cobalt
08-08-2005, 08:02 PM
I know of a few Lightwavers in the Northern VA area. Not sure if they frequent the Netwek discussion forums though. Most of them have steady jobs and use Lightwave on a frequent basis in their work so they may not be looking for work. It never hurts, however, to keep options open!

3 Lightwavers work at www.mtsi-va.com (Alexandria)
2 Lightwavers work at www.osec.com (Stafford)
2 Lightwavers work at www.mccdc.usmc.mil (Quantico)

Take care!

JML
08-08-2005, 09:18 PM
thanks for the infos Cobalt,

MTSI, doing 3D for military projects, that seems interesting.
are they taking any more lightwavers there ? ;)

that would be good if there would be a lightwave meeting in maryland,DC,Virigina, to meet other lightwavers, LW technics, and jobs.

Meaty
08-09-2005, 08:45 AM
JML - Heya.

Funny that you should ask, we actually are (or soon will be) looking for one or two new artists.

In short, we will be looking for a Director/Flash wiz who is good with ActionScript and Lingo, and who would be trainable in Lightwave. Pasted below is our official job description (I don't think our HR dept has even posted it yet).

Looking for an individual who can take the reins of current and future interactive multimedia design projects. Will work with other designers to create functional, visually compelling interactive tools in Macromedia Director and Flash, with a focus on incorporating existing 3D modeling and animation. Candidate may be required to contribute to on-going video and animation design projects.

Desired qualifications:
Junior to Mid-level experience and proficiency using a wide range of media and graphics programs on the PC including some or all of the following: Director, Flash, Photoshop, Premiere, Dreamweaver, Lightwave3D. Ideal candidate is graphically oriented with strong Lingo and ActionScript coding experience. 3D software skills are an added plus.

Also, we will probably be looking for another full time Lightwaver in the next 6 months or so. If you know anyone or if this piques your attention, feel free to send us an email [email protected]

Sorry for the spam =]

JML
08-09-2005, 09:19 AM
thank you for the info,
I'm not thinking of leaving where I work right now, but it's good to know other companies that use LW, and where to go in case something happen..

thanks