PDA

View Full Version : 8.5

DragonFist
08-08-2005, 02:42 PM
*taps finger... Does some work in Modeler... refreshes Newtek.com... taps finger... Does some work in Modeler....* :caffeine:

T-Light
08-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Fidgets with mouse... takes a look at other products supposed to be released recently...back to Newtek...releases a sigh...takes another swig of export...

kml12
08-08-2005, 02:53 PM
Falls asleep on the F5 (refresh) button...Is awakened by beeping, computer is caught in continuous refresh loop...Hits Ctrl+Alt+Del to reboot and gets blue screen of death 8~

Mebek
08-08-2005, 03:29 PM
Stares at screen for a while, pretends to be working as boss walks by the door... makes sure boss is gone, hits F5 and stares some more ... rubs eyes, realizes that eyes are dry and slowly going blind ... turns up refresh rate on monitor ....

-EsHrA-
08-08-2005, 03:38 PM
getting bald...

T-Light
08-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Presses F5 for unpteenth time... cat enters study... cat jumps on keyboard... cat opens Internet Explorer Help page over Newtek Forum... cat evicted from study... I open another export...

Intuition
08-08-2005, 03:57 PM
8.5?

Today?

Is 8.5 the one with the improved physics like we saw at siggraph or is that 9 only?

If its 8.5 then maybe I'll wait impatiently as well. Otherwise I can chill till 9.

Big Jay
08-08-2005, 03:59 PM
check newtek.com

sigh

check spinquad.com

sigh

check lwg3d.org

sigh

check newtek.com

...sigh.....

mattclary
08-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Notices version number at top of Modeler... shrugs shoulders... :thumbsup:

It's kinda nice when Newtek get's them out faster than I can get around to applying them.

Earl
08-08-2005, 04:23 PM
8.5?

Today?

Is 8.5 the one with the improved physics like we saw at siggraph or is that 9 only?

If its 8.5 then maybe I'll wait impatiently as well. Otherwise I can chill till 9.
LW 8.5 is *F5 Refresh on NewTek's homepage* supposed to have *F5 Refresh on NewTek's homepage* some dynamics improvements. *F5 Refresh on NewTek's homepage* See this *F5 Refresh on NewTek's homepage* newsletter for the prelim features *F5 Refresh on NewTek's homepage* of 8.5: LW Newsletter (http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/newsletters/v2-n6/index.html) *F5 Refresh on NewTek's homepage*

DragonFist
08-08-2005, 05:11 PM
*Refreshes Download page... Looks at clock... gets worried... forces self to do more work in Modeler... looks at clock... continues work in Modeler... goes to restroom... looks at clock... refreshes Newtek.com... refreshes Lightwave.com... refreshes downloads page... looks at clock... supresses wave of panic... pretends to do more work in Modeler....*

Verlon
08-08-2005, 06:41 PM
*trains cat to paw the F5 button*

Reads forums....

For Impatience = FromWake_up to TimeToWork

Tab to SHarbor Order Status.

cout <"F5 Loki"

If VueStatus="shipped"
end sulk

Tabs to Newtek

cout<"F5 Loki"

If LW8_5 = "online"

end sulk

Looks over at email

GET YOUR V1GRA CH--- shift delete

Next Impatience

DragonFist
08-08-2005, 07:49 PM
*Reluctently resigns to the idea that 8.5 may not be being released today.* :cry:

T-Light
08-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Drops in to check 'F5 Offchance' button... cat enters study and checks out cutekitty.com... cat nicks my carlsberg... I get evicted from study.

There's allways tomorrow....

tjacobs
08-08-2005, 08:11 PM
Finger goes numb from hitting F5. Silently wonders about 8.5 coming out today. Realize it wasn't so silently when the wife yells 'What?'. Rubs in some Bengay and hits F5 again.

Limbus
08-09-2005, 01:25 AM
*tapesdownF5keywithgaffatape*

colkai
08-09-2005, 02:41 AM
Notices version number at top of Modeler... shrugs shoulders... :thumbsup:
It's kinda nice when Newtek get's them out faster than I can get around to applying them.
Ah-haaa! - Not just me then? :p
I put 8.3 on but haven't got a round to sorting out all my 3rd party plugins.
In the end, I created a PHP program to parse my CFG file and sort my plugins into order so I can at least find out what plugins I have.
I figured, you know, maybe 40 or 50? hehe...oops - nope.... over 800+ :eek:
ok, some are multi-plugins for the same file but ...errr.... no wonder it takes me so long to sort out my "Additional" area. ;)

The script is gonna take a bit more testing, then I am contemplating making it available for folks so y'all can get a nice clean list of your plugins.
You end up with a format like this...

T-Light
08-09-2005, 07:54 AM
It's a working morning in Texas... They release updates on mornings too don't they... tick tick tick :D

Mr_Jones
08-09-2005, 08:33 AM
well, i thought i was the only one hitting refresh every 3.5 seconds... :D

kevinmcpoland
08-09-2005, 10:24 AM
...Pauses tapping F5 to load up the Worley web site in another window to see if G2 special is on...(already is in Japanese area of website I believe...)

...no...*sigh*...two windows to F5 now....

Kev McP

JML
08-09-2005, 10:28 AM
so is it out yet ? it should be soon.. right?
didn't they say they would release it at siggraph ?

Tiger
08-09-2005, 10:37 AM
"Watching Andy Bishop presenting LW9 while sleeping :eek:

colkai
08-09-2005, 11:23 AM
"Watching Andy Bishop presenting LW9 while sleeping :eek:
He wasn't that slow - well, he looked awake to me. :p :lol:

m.d.
08-09-2005, 01:34 PM
take laptop to bed.....wife mad at 1 AM....turn laptop off......2 AM turn laptop on....check newtek.com.....3AM turn laptop off...8AM turn laptop on.......

give me LW 8.5 or i'll have to sue Newtek for sleep deprivation. :eek:

beverins
08-09-2005, 01:54 PM
Ah-haaa! - Not just me then? :p
I put 8.3 on but haven't got a round to sorting out all my 3rd party plugins.
In the end, I created a PHP program to parse my CFG file and sort my plugins into order so I can at least find out what plugins I have.
I figured, you know, maybe 40 or 50? hehe...oops - nope.... over 800+ :eek:
ok, some are multi-plugins for the same file but ...errr.... no wonder it takes me so long to sort out my "Additional" area. ;)

The script is gonna take a bit more testing, then I am contemplating making it available for folks so y'all can get a nice clean list of your plugins.
You end up with a format like this...

I'd sure appreciate that!

Wickster
08-09-2005, 02:35 PM
Isn't it weird that Newtek's been quiet this week? I haven't seen chuck or kurtis post anything at all. Must be a huge hangover from a successful Siggraph show :beerchug:

Or maybe they're panicking for underestimating the massive orders for LW9? :D

Or maybe just last minute bug fixes. :thumbsup:

Or maybe they're waiting for the right time when people are not refreshing their browser on the downloads page so they could release the "Newsletter" and the "Update at the same time." ;)

Or maybe...I'm just impatient like heck! :compbeati

Earl
08-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Isn't it weird that Newtek's been quiet this week? I haven't seen chuck or kurtis post anything at all. Must be a huge hangover from a successful Siggraph show :beerchug:
Keep in mind that Chuck is on vacation right now. Any posting that he does now will just prove that, like us, he's also addicted to these forums! :boogiedow

T-Light
08-09-2005, 02:40 PM
Gets tired...again...searches for inspiration...again... finds this from 1st Aug 2005.

http://www.newtek.com/news/releases/08-01-05b.html

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE...
NewTek Releases LightWave® 64

64-bit Port of Emmy®-winning 3D Tool is part of Free Version 8.5 Update

Los Angeles, CA – SIGGRAPH 2005 Booth #1529 – August 1, 2005 -- NewTek, Inc., manufacturer of industry-leading 3D animation and video products, today announced the release of the 64-bit port of the Emmy®-winning LightWave 3D® for Windows XP Pro x64 OS, as part of the release of the version 8.5 update. LightWave® 64 and the version 8.5 update are free to registered owners of LightWave [8].

Well how about that, it was released a week ago and they just forgot to tell us where to download....

Mid afternoon Texas time... Newtek teams broke out the 'sippin Whisky'...
Ah, the smell of mollasses... Tick...Tick...Tick

:cool:

Wickster
08-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Keep in mind that Chuck is on vacation right now. Any posting that he does now will just prove that, like us, he's also addicted to these forums! :boogiedow

ah yes, a well deserved break/vacation. must be nice spending time with friends and/or family without worrying about marketing, promoting and posting on threads....yes thats nice...

Now get back here and tell us where to download 8.5!!! :D

Zach
08-09-2005, 05:03 PM
hmm, could have sworn it said 8.5 when i hit the purchase button.... must have had some strange contact lenses in or something....

DragonFist
08-09-2005, 07:06 PM
*Comes home from work... Hits <F5> several times for several pages related to 8.5 release... hangs head... sulks out of room to cross the street and install sister-in-law's new power supply....*

Mr_Jones
08-10-2005, 09:19 AM
I haven't watched any yet but they appear to be new.

ftp://[email protected]/siggraph2005/batch2/

:dance:

Exception
08-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Well at least there's a new excruciatingly ugly new LW page online...
Looks like Grand theft Auto or some other videogame...

Tried to find the 'downloads' section... turns out to be under 'performance'... uhhuh... who on earth designs these things? Egonomics anyone? Graphic design? Whoohoo? anybody home?

*presses F5*

JML
08-13-2005, 09:31 PM
Well at least there's a new excruciatingly ugly new LW page online...
Looks like Grand theft Auto or some other videogame...

Tried to find the 'downloads' section... turns out to be under 'performance'... uhhuh... who on earth designs these things? Egonomics anyone? Graphic design? Whoohoo? anybody home?

*presses F5*

I have to agree, that new LW page does not look really professional to me..
I think it was just for siggraph, they are going to change it back I think.

Lottmedia
08-13-2005, 10:21 PM
hope so...

Verlon
08-13-2005, 11:40 PM
I must be weird. I kinda like the new lightwave page. I mean the old one just looked sooooo 2nd Quarter. Besides, Blue was LW8 and White was LW7. :P

Psyhke
08-14-2005, 12:35 AM
Besides, everyone knows, red is the new blue.

:D

Verlon
08-14-2005, 07:15 AM
pfft.....blue wishes on its best day it was half as good as red.

Intuition
08-14-2005, 06:17 PM
Why not green?

Seemed like we did red already with 6. I mean It was kind of orangy red but still.

If i remember correctly though. 5.0 was a white box. Also had the original LW swirl logo. 4.0 was black with same logo.

Maybe they should do black again. How about green?

:lwicon:

tektonik
08-14-2005, 06:56 PM
you know how it goes...

once tou go black you don't go back...

hehehe...

JML
08-14-2005, 10:27 PM
actually black might look nice, just a pure black 0 0 0 ,
with only the lightwave logo light gray in front.. (kind of like one of the metallica cd)

Verlon
08-15-2005, 12:50 AM
I can't believe you are comparing orange to red. I guess you long for the days of CGA and 4 color graphics :P

DiscoBurgess
08-15-2005, 09:45 AM
http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/downloads/index.html

Main download page seems to be down. Maybe they're updating the page with 8.5 as we speak. Tension!

They could also just be experiencing problems with so many people hitting F5 on the page, so they decided to pull it ;)

Nevertheless, I will stick with my original proclamation, because it pleases me to stoke everyone's anticipation without any real knowledge of what's going on. I'm evil, you see. Evil, I tells ya!

Evil!

I'm killing time, too lazy to work today.

T-Light
08-15-2005, 09:57 AM
DiscoBurgess-

Snap :) Maybe there's something going round.

Intuition
08-15-2005, 10:01 AM
I can't believe you are comparing orange to red. I guess you long for the days of CGA and 4 color graphics :P

Who me?

:hey:

Yeh, it was a bad call. :agree:

Oranges to apples anyone?

8.5 should be black and gold with pink fuzzy dice hanging down off the logo. :D

maxxwv
08-15-2005, 10:51 AM
http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/downloads/index.html

Main download page seems to be down. Maybe they're updating the page with 8.5 as we speak. Tension!

They could also just be experiencing problems with so many people hitting F5 on the page, so they decided to pull it ;)

Nevertheless, I will stick with my original proclamation, because it pleases me to stoke everyone's anticipation without any real knowledge of what's going on. I'm evil, you see. Evil, I tells ya!

Evil!
I heard from a guy I know that knows this girl whose sister went to school on this bus that also used to pick up Tim Jenison's brother's mother-in-law's first college roommate who knows Proton's puppy that they are in fact, putting up the update right now! And the guy that told me is located in Nepal under 50 feet of solid rock in a bunker, so he should know!

Good lord I hear ya on this one....

Wickster
08-15-2005, 01:11 PM
I'm down with the black box:

http://www.bmadigital.com/images/lwblackbox.jpg

Radamanthys
08-17-2005, 08:21 AM
cant Newtek give us a release date for Lightwave 8.5 ?

or will they make us wait till end of Q3/2005 (= september 30th) :compbeati

LyonHaert
08-17-2005, 05:25 PM
September 30th is just fine with me. Not only do I get to go see Serenity, but I get to play with 8.5 right after. :thumbsup:

pdrake
08-17-2005, 07:02 PM
i already saw serenity.

let me tell you what happens . . .

you see, the ******************************

skanky
08-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Whenever is fine by me. I think the longer for the release, the more bugs they work out.. Oh, I vote for a leopard skin case for 9 - now that would be cool...

Matt
08-17-2005, 08:32 PM
Have to say, I'm not a fan of the red look, each to their own I guess!

archiea
08-17-2005, 09:11 PM
must be something in the water in Austin that causes people to have questionable tastes.... between the changes in the interface from 7.5 -> 8 and this new page... :thumbsdow

The fact that the NT crew is so approachable and friendly is great. So I understand their confidence in being different. its just in the matters of putting your best foot forward.. well.....

Devenish
08-17-2005, 11:55 PM
Gets bored again, repaints the F5 key to 8.F5

badllarma
08-18-2005, 01:39 AM
Well if it gets much later they may as well skip 8.5 and just give us 9 when it's ready see you in the New Year :D

Radamanthys
08-18-2005, 02:54 AM
Well if it gets much later they may as well skip 8.5 and just give us 9 when it's ready see you in the New Year :D

:twak: :twak:

badllarma
08-18-2005, 04:41 AM
:help: that hurts :cry: