PDA

View Full Version : Newtek is out of Vue??

Verlon
08-08-2005, 08:02 AM
I pre-ordered 9 and have been anxiously awaiting Vue. I call Safe Harbor today because it hasn't even shipped yet.

The lady at Safe Harbor says "Newtek is out of Vue, and we do not know when we will be getting more."

I guess more people are upgrading than Newtek expected.

JML
08-08-2005, 10:47 AM
sorry to hear that,

I should receive mine this week :D

mattclary
08-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Hey, you've heard the saying: You snooze, you lose. :neener: Mine should be here Wednesday.

Earl
08-08-2005, 11:31 AM
Customer service said mine should arrive this week (along with my new USB dongle), but since I haven't received a tracking number yet I'm guessing I didn't quite order fast enough!

adrian
08-08-2005, 11:36 AM
I already got mine two weeks ago!!!

Okay sorry to rub it in, but as the saying goes - good things come to those who wait :D

Adrian.

Verlon
08-08-2005, 01:44 PM
I ordered 9 last week. That's not a lot of snooze time...

:P

hrgiger
08-08-2005, 02:37 PM
Yeah, mine is here Wenesday too.

I'm sure they're get more in soon.

gerry_g
08-08-2005, 03:16 PM
Yeah, well mine came this morning....yah boo to the lot o ya !!

Verlon
08-08-2005, 04:25 PM
pfft on all of you......

I guess I'll go sulk in natural scene designer for a bit.

Gaze
08-09-2005, 01:21 PM
I pre-ordered 9 and have been anxiously awaiting Vue. I call Safe Harbor today because it hasn't even shipped yet.

The lady at Safe Harbor says "Newtek is out of Vue, and we do not know when we will be getting more."

I guess more people are upgrading than Newtek expected.If you ordered last week (5 Aug. or earlier), you should be getting a shipping confirmation soon because I'm in the same boat as you (Fri. last week they told me they were out of Vue 5) and I got my tracking number today :thumbsup:

Bytehawk
08-09-2005, 01:38 PM
newtek-europe has some left, so for us europeans this is good news.

mattclary
08-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Mine should be here Wednesday.

OOPS. My bad. UPS.com says it's out for delivery today! :)

Dodgy
08-09-2005, 03:29 PM
Got mine today, ordered last week on the first night it was available to order...

ednachman
08-09-2005, 06:21 PM
I spoke with someone at NewTek late this afternoon and was told that they expected a shipment of Vue tomorrow and that I should get my copy around the first of next week. I placed my order last week.

mattclary
08-09-2005, 06:30 PM
I guess karma is catching up with me. I got Vue but it won't install... :mad:

See other thread for explanation.

ednachman
08-10-2005, 10:26 PM
Newtek called me this afternoon and informed me that they expected a shipment of Vue this Friday which means I'll get it the following week, probably Tuesday. Stay tuned, I may get another call either Friday or Monday.

ednachman
08-13-2005, 11:47 AM
Got an E-Mail from Newtek. I should receive my copy Tuesday.

Signal to Noise
08-13-2005, 12:23 PM
Got an E-Mail from Newtek. I should receive my copy Tuesday.

Same message from my reseller. Looks like NewTek got a fresh batch of Vue out of the oven late last week. Reseller gets it Monday, I get it Tuesday. :thumbsup:

Buster
08-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Same message from my reseller. Looks like NewTek got a fresh batch of Vue out of the oven late last week. Reseller gets it Monday, I get it Tuesday. :thumbsup:

Who's your reseller?

GCL
08-13-2005, 09:02 PM
If you ordered last week (5 Aug. or earlier), you should be getting a shipping confirmation soon because I'm in the same boat as you (Fri. last week they told me they were out of Vue 5) and I got my tracking number today :thumbsup:

Well, ordered on the 5th - no email or response from Sharbor. Next week got to be the week !

Gaze
08-13-2005, 11:27 PM
Well, ordered on the 5th - no email or response from Sharbor. Next week got to be the week !You've probably already done this, but...
Go to their website and get a status update on your order by punching in your confirmation no. Should give you a listing of your LW[8]+Vue 5 order, and your pending LW[9] order. Below the LW 8 listing should be your status and hopefully your UPS tracking no.???

G/L

Mine will arrive Monday...arrived in my town from Illinois via Los Angeles this morning according to UPS site :) My stuff's (incl. the 1500 pg. manual :D ) been bouncing around in the brown trucks for a week now.

mav3rick
08-14-2005, 07:22 AM
vue must be loving newtek cause of his COOL deals..... way to go newtek just get em all let em all work for lw.

GCL
08-14-2005, 10:26 AM
You've probably already done this, but...
Go to their website and get a status update on your order by punching in your confirmation no. Should give you a listing of your LW[8]+Vue 5 order, and your pending LW[9] order. Below the LW 8 listing should be your status and hopefully your UPS tracking no.???

G/L

Mine will arrive Monday...arrived in my town from Illinois via Los Angeles this morning according to UPS site :) My stuff's (incl. the 1500 pg. manual :D ) been bouncing around in the brown trucks for a week now.

Well, I checked it again and status is ARRIVING SOON. I ordered it mid-afternoon on the 5th. Early birds got the worms. Will wait until late next week then contact sales.

Gaze
08-14-2005, 12:16 PM
Well, I checked it again and status is ARRIVING SOON. I ordered it mid-afternoon on the 5th. Early birds got the worms. Will wait until late next week then contact sales. 8~ My order was late-morning on the 5th. What a difference a few hours makes 8~

Verlon
08-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Mine was early morning on the 4TH and I got nothing... :(

Gaze
08-14-2005, 07:14 PM
:stumped:

Didn't happen to have diff. mailing/billing addresses? They mentioned that would hold things up.

Only other thing I can think of is maybe because I ordered the pack w/ manual, that made a difference.

GCL
08-14-2005, 09:48 PM
Mine was early morning on the 4TH and I got nothing... :(

I got the LW9 upgrade and Vue only after they RAISED the price of the LW8/Vue/CD extra bundle. I needed an answer on the LW8 bundle and before I knew it, it went up big. Told them I inquired about the bundle before the price increase but they did not offer it (old price - due to expire 8/31 BUT changed!).
:cursin:

So I am waiting patiently like you and will see.

Scott_Blinn
08-15-2005, 12:06 AM
I ordered mine on the 4th directly from :newtek: . I didn't get an update that my order shipped until the 10th (UPS ground). It is on it's way now and should show up this Tues. the 16th- so UPS says. UPS tracking has it shipping from TX and currently in CA (my state) as of this morning.

Signal to Noise
08-15-2005, 11:52 AM
Who's your reseller?

Tried to PM you but couldn't....

Located in Alberta & offers free shipping.

Unison Video Productions (http://www.digitalvideoproducts.com/DVP_Store/index.php?cPath=2_25)

Scott_Blinn
08-15-2005, 02:01 PM
I ordered mine on the 4th directly from :newtek: . I didn't get an update that my order shipped until the 10th (UPS ground). It is on it's way now and should show up this Tues. the 16th- so UPS says. UPS tracking has it shipping from TX and currently in CA (my state) as of this morning.

Update: got mine via UPS today. I noticed my Vue 5 has a sticker with a "pre-serial". Went to e-on's website to reg and got my real number a minute later. All seems to be well. ;-)

Gaze
08-15-2005, 08:07 PM
:rock:
woohoo...got mine today, too

nomad108
08-15-2005, 10:46 PM
Mine will arrive today! :thumbsup:
Too bad I'm going to Germany in a few hours. :thumbsdow

GCL
08-16-2005, 06:04 PM
Good news for me, got a tracking number. Now waiting...

ednachman
08-16-2005, 06:12 PM
Got mine this morning

Verlon
08-16-2005, 06:22 PM
good news for me....tracking number arrives.

GCL
08-16-2005, 07:02 PM
HEY, were on a got a tracking number streak !!!

:beerchug:

Wickster
08-16-2005, 07:28 PM
I got my tracking number just this saturday...and said the UPS truck departed that same day from San Antonio TX...and today no updates (still on the truck from San Antonio) but will arrive on the 18th...seems like it takes 5 days to drive from Texas to California. :)

ednachman
08-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Evidently being from the West they aren't using a brown truck but a brown cow for transportation.

Safe Harbor
08-17-2005, 09:48 AM
We shipped 18 out yesterday! Thanks to everyone for their orders and their patience.

Verlon
08-17-2005, 10:02 AM
pfft. I do not get mine until the 19th, and I am in Austin. I wonder if I could simply drive to the UPS station and intercept it.

I guess its a brown turtle here.

Wickster
08-17-2005, 02:38 PM
Went to UPS site again checked Tracking number...
Tracking number status:

THE PACKAGE WAS LEFT IN A UPS FACILITY CAUSING THIS DELAY

:eek: NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Earl
08-17-2005, 03:29 PM
Mine just arrived today - along with my upgraded USB dongle. It was pretty cool too, cause when I called NewTek to re-register my version [8] with my new dongle, I was able to see all the new information (dongle lock number, perm. lics. key) update on my registration page immediately (while I was on the phone with customer service). Pretty efficient if you ask me! :thumbsup:

Tian
08-18-2005, 09:55 AM
My first post here. I ordered last Saturday and was told by newtek this morning they are out of Vue5i again and waiting on a shipment from E-on. The person I talked to said they were having "communication problems" with E-on and the earliest my order would even ship out would be Monday. I was told that if I wanted to give up Vue5i I could have my Lightwave 8 shipped but that was one of the main reasons I went for this upgrade. Just a bit frustrating because I was hoping to have it next week sometime.

Signal to Noise
08-19-2005, 06:44 PM
My Vue 5 decided to show up today. Just finished the install. Now it's time to play... :)

Tian
08-19-2005, 07:42 PM
When did you place your order? I placed my order on the 13th and still haven't recieved any replies to my emails or shipping notice yet. They did say (on the phone) it could be next week before they get any more Vue though.

Signal to Noise
08-19-2005, 09:22 PM
Tian, I placed my order with my reseller on the 3rd of August. It did take a bit of time to get Vue from e-on because they did initially run out of stock. So it took almost three weeks for me to get it.

Tian
08-19-2005, 10:16 PM
Thanks, compared to that I guess I haven't been waiting too long then. Vue is whats holding up my order also they said.

Tian
08-22-2005, 04:41 PM
Just thought I should come back, since my post earlier was sort of a complaint, and post that I did get my tracking number today. I also got a response back from Eon saying there shouldn't be any more backorders. I didn't get responses to my 3 emails (probably because they didn't have any news themselves yet) but did get very good customer service over the phone from Newtek with very little to no hold times.