PDA

View Full Version : What is a good price to sell Vue 5 for?

wacom
08-07-2005, 07:15 PM
In order to be able to pay for my LW 9 upgrade I'll need to part ways with Vue 5. It is sad as it has many features that could prove useful later on down the road for me...but I have to.

I was thinking of putting it out on ebay for $200. Does that seem too low? I just want someone to get a good deal (as I did) and I can afford to buy LW for $169 ($369-200). Anyway is there any advice about how I should go about selling it?

Thanks,
Gideon

mattclary
08-07-2005, 07:36 PM
Have you verified how the licensing works with E-On yet?

wacom
08-07-2005, 07:57 PM
They allow you to transfer a license- at least that is what their knowlege base says in about five different places. I guess I'd have to supply the buyer with any serials etc. that were part fo the license. So at worst I would have to transfer it. If I don't register it though it seems to make know difference- who ever registers it is the owner- until it's transfered.

I'll let you know if I find out anything though that differs from this...

JML
08-07-2005, 09:07 PM
I did not see any Vue 5 infinite on Ebay.. not even one..
usually you can easily find software there, unless the software company
doesn't allow licence transfer.. you might want to check..

T-Light
08-07-2005, 09:23 PM
I'd hang on and find what the deal is with Newtek first. Chuck mentioned last week that the license may be tied to your LW serial but as everyone was away he couldn't verify that.

Even if LW isn't tied to the E-on license, it might be difficult getting a good price on software without a box and printed manual.

Good Luck

ps I'm presuming you'd be selling the Vue that comes with LW9 upgrade rather than a copy you already own. If it's your own then please ignore anything i've said :o

wacom
08-08-2005, 08:31 AM
Well I've canceled my order for now then. As much as I love the world of credit I can't afford the upgrade if I can't sell Vue 5. I'll wait 'till I hear I can.

I wish Newtek would offer people who don't want Vue 5 a small discount.

Mr. Wilde
04-12-2006, 05:59 AM
I'm sorry for bumping this thread, but is there any new information about that? I'd like to have the upgrade to LW 9 + LW-CAD, but I don't need Vue5, so I thought it would be quite handy if I could sell it again.