PDA

View Full Version : AES/EBU audio enabled

slacker
04-29-2003, 06:25 PM
It would be really, really handy if we could actually use the AES/EBU audio connections on our SDI card.

Regards,

Joel Slack
Media Department, New Life Christian Fellowship

hgiorgi
06-25-2003, 02:37 PM
I'll really wish that the digital audio i/o was enabled...

Any idea about when is this going to happen?

Regards

Hugo

Jay Kelley
07-01-2003, 03:24 PM
Not only am I not thrilled with the fact that the audio is not on, but the design of the SDI card itself is not very compatible with what's in the market place right now.

Most SDI sources (All DVCPRO sources) are now multiplexing their audio WITH Video.

In order to take digital audio off a multiplexed signal, and send it back to a multiplexed signal you will need to be prepared to pay over $1,750.00 for the nessesary converters.

This is really bad news.

Newtek: Please Please Please redo your SDI configuration so that we can handle a multiplexed signal in both input and output. This is a problem that will get much worse in the near future and some of your customers are suffering for it now.

(Me for one!)
Jay A. Kelley

bradl
07-06-2003, 05:16 PM
Remember most SDI capable facilities use separate AES/EBU audio through their routers, patch panels, and digital mixers. Multiplexing could be an option but lets get those supplied AES/EBU connections going as well!

eon5
07-25-2003, 12:16 PM
yeah!

NEWTEK: enable digital audio i/o ! :mad:

Jay Kelley
08-01-2003, 09:18 AM
I would be grateful for up front explainations instead of this silence.

Guys if you have no intention of turning on the audio for months, then please.. At least tell us. But this silent treatment is not cool.

Jay