PDA

View Full Version : Segmented rendering errors!!

Bigboy
08-07-2005, 01:04 PM
Hi,

I had to render an image of 3000+ by 2000+ and because of memory, had to do it in 3 segments. However, theres 2 huge seams running over the whole image where the segments meet. Hasn't anyone else found this before?

Ive attached the image, and if you magnify it, you can see this problem clearly. Any suggestions?

Krom
08-08-2005, 12:30 AM
It seems to me that this is because of shading noise reduction. It`s working like blur for shading channel. It applied for each segment.
Only solution I know - use 1 segment render.
I for myself would like to have this issue solved too :)

marble_sheep
08-08-2005, 08:54 AM
Are you using interpolated radiosity? If so, that's your problem. Radiosity gets re-calculated in each segment, and since interpolated radiosity is pretty inaccurate, each calculation comes out differently.

I've had this problem many times when using interpolated radiosity and ScreamerNet. Very annoying, since Monte Carlo takes so flippin' long.....

Bigboy
08-08-2005, 11:17 AM
No idea whats causing it... I use Monte Carlo radiosity, so theres no caching involved. The antialiasing was "classic", not the new "filter" ones... so I dont know what else you could do to fix it, other than buy more memory:which doesnt help me just now.

All they need to do is have an overlap area... then use the sections outside the overlap. That should solve it, so why dont they?