PDA

View Full Version : Trumpet

saiful
02-15-2003, 06:43 AM
Hello all,

I'm not a 3D animator but trying out LightWave by modeling my favorite object. This is my first real project after playing around with LightWave. Any comments?

Meaty
02-15-2003, 08:36 AM
first real project??! looks great

saiful
02-15-2003, 08:54 AM
Not a paid project or anything like that, just something i tried seriously and from end to finish. Any kind of comment whether good or bad are welcomed.

Rory_L
02-20-2003, 05:34 AM
My brother had a sax for a while and I`m trying to remember the look of it. It was fairly old and used, so it had a huge amount of weathering on it. My brother looked after it and polished it, but even so the gloss, reflectivity and shine was uneven. There were always fingerprints, spittle stains and patches of peeled off lacquer, not to mention the dark patches where air had got in under the lacquer and tarnished the brass.

If you want to show a brand new trumpet, you`re well on the way to perfection, but I think you should use a surface with two different glossinesses, one for the brass and one for the lacquer.

If you`re after an older instrument, with history, your diffusion, specular and/ or reflection maps will have to be more complex I think.

Cheers,

R