PDA

View Full Version : Stuffed Toaster Vrs. TriCaster

Tesselator
08-07-2005, 01:59 AM
So if money didn't count which would you get?
A stuffed Toaster with all the options?
Or a TriCaster?
And why?

UnCommonGrafx
08-07-2005, 07:33 AM
I'd get a tricked out VT (some have probs with that old name; I love it) because it would be the most kick butt of the combination.

Besides, for you Tess, I think the TriCaster would be too limited for all you have access over there. You would best be served with the 'full enchilada'.

But, if you have the funds, both would be my suggestion. :p They are a formidable combination.

Jim Capillo
08-07-2005, 10:29 AM
I guess the qualifier would be the type of business you have and the technical expertise one possesses.

And since this is a poll in the VT forum, not the Tricaster forum, I'd bet on a landslide. :foreheads

Tesselator
08-07-2005, 12:27 PM
I guess the qualifier would be the type of business you have and the technical expertise one possesses.

And since this is a poll in the VT forum, not the Tricaster forum, I'd bet on a landslide. :foreheads

Point taken about the thread location! I'll
put one up in the TC section then too.

Type of business : Anything that doesn't require taking out the trash! :D
Possessed Tech Expertise: Amiga VT and LW current Wizz/instructor. :P

:cool:

ScorpioProd
08-07-2005, 02:23 PM
Well since there's really no such thing as a TriCaster "with all the options", I would have to say the fully stuffed VT[4] 4.5.

TriCaster is a closed system, and you will never get all the features or third-party support you can get with a VT. And if you're doing more than just live work, you'll want the true VT-Edit of VT[4] 4.5.

On the other hand, for compact transportability for live switching, TriCaster can't be beat.

Jim_C
08-07-2005, 02:41 PM
As fancy , flashy, fabulous, and fast Chevy makes the new 'Cobalt'

It still ain't no Corvette......

:yoda:

bbeanan
08-08-2005, 10:13 AM
I would say this is an unfair question... why would anyone choose a Tricaster over a VT4 if money is no object.
Humm how about this question if money is no object would you rather have a Honda Civic less than $20k or a Saleen S7 around $575k. They both get you from point A to B and with speed limits (at least here in the USA) in the same amount of time.

ScorpioProd
08-08-2005, 11:58 AM
Because if you are just looking for a simpler switcher with a subset of the VT[4] 4.5 features, a TriCaster can give it to you in the smallest physical package.

Though you are right, the money being no option does make the question only theoretical at best.