PDA

View Full Version : Help changing background color...please read.

atma
08-05-2005, 01:49 AM
Im trying to do a bullet time scene for a frag movie, but im too unexperienced with lightwave. I have the bullet and have exported avi's multiple times, but how do i change the background color of the video that exports from lightwave? I want it to be blue instead of black so i can use the blue screen key in adobe premiere pro to get rid of the blue and have just the bullet. If i cant change the background color, how do i import an avi as an alpha channel for the bullet model? That would be SO MUCH EASIER to animate everything more accurately.
I use lightwave 3d 7 btw.

Thanks in advance,
-Josh

Krom
08-05-2005, 02:15 AM
Maybe open "Backdrop Options ..." (Ctrl+F5 by default) and change background color there.

Surrealist.
08-05-2005, 04:39 AM
Im trying to do a bullet time scene for a frag movie, but im too unexperienced with lightwave. I have the bullet and have exported avi's multiple times, but how do i change the background color of the video that exports from lightwave? I want it to be blue instead of black so i can use the blue screen key in adobe premiere pro to get rid of the blue and have just the bullet. If i cant change the background color, how do i import an avi as an alpha channel for the bullet model? That would be SO MUCH EASIER to animate everything more accurately.
I use lightwave 3d 7 btw.
Thanks in advance,
-Josh

You can import the avi and load it as a background sequence for compositing. Look in Windows/Compositing Options. You can load an .avi Just select "all files" in the image loader. This will load the avi as an image sequence. Over in the image editor you can set offset frames etc.

You can have background image, forground image and forground alpha. There's more, I am sure, I am too tired to think. You can check it out though. I'm sure you'll find it very simple and straight forward.

atma
08-05-2005, 03:31 PM
Thanks alot. Just what i was needing.

atma
08-05-2005, 03:52 PM
hm, i have imported the avi and set it as the background image....but how do i get it to show up on the camera view or something i cant get it to show up behind the bullet model, all i see is the bullet.

atma
08-05-2005, 04:18 PM
like how do i get it to show up in the scene?

prospector
08-05-2005, 04:43 PM
I'm pretty sure there is a checkbox to show background in layout.

Yep, just checked.

Click
On layout main screen

Edit>Display options>Background image (in new panel down bottom)

Then

Window>Compositing options>Compositing (in new panel)>background image

Then pick your image

atma
08-05-2005, 06:36 PM
yes. Thanks alot everyone! I now have the coolest bullet time scene in the world. One problem i enconter all the time is, how do i make a directory for where the file exports to? It always exports to my local settings/temp folder with no name. >;/!

Surrealist.
08-06-2005, 03:43 AM
In the render options panel go to the output files tab. On the left are selections. Save Anim, Save RGB, Save Alpha. Clkicking on one of these will give you a file requester to set a path. Probably a good idea to save both RGB frames as well as an Anim. This way if the scene crashes you can render just what's left or you decide to change avi settings for seom reason you can just resort to the frames, import them into your editor (or back into LW as an image sequence in the backdrop) and render as an avi or even another codec. Anyway you get the idea. Just safer, better to have the frames all around.

AngelDream
08-08-2005, 03:28 PM
The default directory where LW exports the image sequence is "Animations". Which means that if you have a root directory, namely C:\Project, it will search for C:\Project\Animations. I've written a very simple content.bat file that creates every LW directory, so every time I'm beggining a new scene, I run this BAT file and I've all the directories, Scenes, Objects, Images, Animations, etc.