PDA

View Full Version : Whats this mean?

Jim_C
08-04-2005, 06:07 PM
From the VT4 press release.....

"Through participation in the Intel® Early Access Program, NewTek has been able to optimize the latest version of VT[4] for a range of Intel® processors," said Melissa Laird, general manager of Intel's Developer Relations Division. "VT[4] users can match their selection of Intel processors to the tasks they expect to execute and can take advantage of the enhanced performance offered by multi-core processors from Intel."

:confused:

Jim Capillo
08-04-2005, 08:03 PM
Translation: The more money you spend on the latest and greatest technology, the VT will require less background rendering and do it quicker when it needs to. ;) :beerchug: :deal:

Jim_C
08-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Well.. my head is spinning... doctor.

:beerchug: <--(my first new emotifreak)

Jim Capillo
08-05-2005, 04:24 AM
Well.. my head is spinning... doctor.

:beerchug: <--(my first new emotifreak)

Planned obsolesense 8/

billmi
08-05-2005, 05:27 AM
I don't read it as planned obsolessence.

I read it as NewTek has a cross marketing agreement with Intel. It's rare that a NewTek press release doesn't mention Intel.

In this one, they're saying little more than the fact that Intel is keeping NewTek supplied with the info they need to avoid obsolescence, to keep the VT product line fully compatible with as many of Intel's processors as possible - maximum compatability means reduced risk of obsolessence.

Jim Capillo
08-05-2005, 06:15 AM
Well, perhaps I should have prefaced my comments with a tongue-in-cheek smiley face...... but there doesn't seem to be one. Perhaps the tongue wagging will suffice :tongue:

The planned obsolescence would be concerning the computer, not the VT board. I just don't understand why Intel doesn't make that all neural interface supercomputer available to the public...... I know it exists - I saw it years ago interfaced with that guy named Data.....

:rolleyes: ;)