PDA

View Full Version : Chuck or Kurtis or ?? -> LW 9 pre-order when?

paulrus
08-04-2005, 06:50 AM
For those of us who already own the latest version of LW, will there be (or is there already) somewhere to place pre-orders for LW 9/Vue?

All I've read about is buying the LW 8 upgrade and getting a free v9.0 when it's released. What about those of us who already own 8 but want to pre-order 9?

Thanks

Paul

art
08-04-2005, 07:02 AM
You can preorder it on the "buy now" page for $395 or $495 with printed manual. In both cases Vue 5 infinite is included.
Scroll all the way down on that page and you will see the offer.

paulrus
08-04-2005, 07:12 AM
My understanding from the buy now page is that you are ordering LW 8 with a free upgrade to LW 9. I already own LW 8 and have no need for duplicate CDs to be sent to me.

The upgrade page says:
-----------------
Special Offer + e-on software Vue 5 InfiniteŽ !
LightWave 3DŽ [8] Electronic - Upgrade
This upgrade version will ship in a DVD case with the following materials:

* LightWave 3D [8] Program CD
* LightWave 3D [8] Content CD 1 & 2
* LightWave 3D [8] 3rd Party Sampler CD
* Complete Reference in Electronic Form
* Vue 5 Infinite Application CD
* Vue 5 Infinite Extra CD
* Vue 5 Infinite complete Electronic Reference Manual
* Includes Free Update to LightWave v9.0 with PDF manual!
* Mac/PC

If you are a registered user of any previous standalone version of LightWave 3D for Mac or PC , you can upgrade to the very latest in 3D software for only $395!

----------
It seems like a waste for them to send me all those CDs when I already own LW 8 and would just throw them away....

Paul

Chuck
08-04-2005, 07:18 AM
What Art said! ;)

Paul, you are just not scrolling down the list until you get to the offers for 9 for [8] registered owners. The listing there is:

Special Offer LightWave 9 upgrade w/ Vue 5 InfiniteŽ !
LightWave 3DŽ 9 - Upgrade with PDF Manual
This upgrade version will ship in a box with the following materials:

* Vue 5 Infinite Application CD
* Special Activation Code
* Mac/PC

If you are a registered user of any previous standalone version of LightWave 3D for Mac or PC , you can upgrade to the very latest in 3D software for only $395!

That's what you get immediately, and then when it is ready, LightWave 9 will be shipped to you...

paulrus
08-04-2005, 07:22 AM
Ah got it Chuck - IMHO not the best web design then.... It might be worth it to just have a series of simple links rather than that large scrolling window in the center of the screen.

Paul

kcole
08-04-2005, 07:24 AM
/agree

Wait a sec, aren't you on vacation?

art
08-04-2005, 07:38 AM
I too missed it first time I looked at the buy now page.

Who else is suposed to be on vacation? I'll be leaving tomorrow to sunny Florida. If I preorder today (that's the plan)... Vue 5 might be already waiting for me when I come back in 10 days!

theo
08-04-2005, 07:44 AM
I'll be leaving tomorrow to sunny Florida.

Dang Hobbyist.... :2guns:

art
08-04-2005, 07:48 AM
I thought that 3D professionals also get vacations

Chuck
08-04-2005, 08:02 AM
/agree

Wait a sec, aren't you on vacation?

Oops, yep, sorry!!! I'll shut off the system and go watch some TV... :D

GCL
08-04-2005, 08:29 AM
Maybe ready to jump on the bandwagon here on the upgrade. I too have 8.3 installed and not looking forward to more of the same. However, how or why some vendors (like Harbor Shore) have a better pricing ?
That is, LW8 to 9 w/Vue $359
LW9 w/vue $369

For those users like myself that waited sooo long for 8 (pre-ordered), does Newtek match other vendors prices or come up with a better deal ?

If I go with the LW8 version upgrade, am I just using the new S/N to upgrade to LW9 when out. Rather than re-installing my current LW8.3.

Like to see some discounting, if possible.

Brian Arndt
08-04-2005, 08:29 AM
bad chuck! vacation means vacation! :D , go watch those unopened movies!

Qexit
08-04-2005, 08:32 AM
Oops, yep, sorry!!! I'll shut off the system and go watch some TV... :D
Busman's Holiday maybe ? :)

Chuck
08-04-2005, 08:33 AM
Maybe ready to jump on the bandwagon here on the upgrade. I too have 8.3 installed and not looking forward to more of the same. However, how or why some vendors (like Harbor Shore) have a better pricing ?
That is, LW8 to 9 w/Vue $359
LW9 w/vue $369

For those users like myself that waited sooo long for 8 (pre-ordered), does Newtek match other vendors prices or come up with a better deal ?

If I go with the LW8 version upgrade, am I just using the new S/N to upgrade to LW9 when out. Rather than re-installing my current LW8.3.

Like to see some discounting, if possible.

NewTek sells directly for MSRP, and our authorised retail and catalog resellers may at times be able to provide discounts.

3djab
08-04-2005, 08:39 AM
Any Lightwave 9 upgrade discounts for those of us that purchased Vue 5 Infinite when it first came out back in February? Just wondering.

theo
08-04-2005, 08:53 AM
I thought that 3D professionals also get vacations

Yes...but not tomorrow....which is exactly when I need mine to start with all this talk about vacations and such. That way I can ruminate on the excellency of the waving light.

art
08-04-2005, 09:03 AM
...with all this talk about vacations and such.

Hehe, indeed. I just opened a thread on SpinQuad (it just reopened) and the first post I've read there mentioned vacations.

devin
08-04-2005, 09:05 AM
Hey Chuck,

Would it be possible to receive a rough timeframe for when your current upgrade special ends? I wish to take advantage but holding off just a little longer is better than now.

Thanks.