PDA

View Full Version : Layout Lights insterted inside Modeler Lights

marlo.steed
04-29-2003, 01:31 PM
I know this may not be a Mac issue per se but Mac sorts tend to be more helpful - or so I am hoping.

The problem is this. I created a raft of physical lights in modeler for a city scape scene. Now I want to assign Layout lights to the modeled lights. Is there any easy way to assign lights in Layout to the physical objects created from modeler?

I know that I can go to the scence editor and make everything hidden, and then make the modeled light object visible so that I can more easily place the Layout Light in the right position but there must be an easier way when I have tons of lights to assign layout lights to. Is there any automated way to do this - I don't see anything in the documentation that would suggest a solution.
If this feature doesn't exist, it should - it would be a matter of aligning one Layout light with an object and then specify a list of objects that need lights assigned in exactly the same relative position.

Suggestions or work arounds would be welcome.

Darth Mole
04-29-2003, 01:43 PM
Can you not use Luxigons? This adds a light wherever a Luxigon appears in Modeller.

In Modeller, select a Polygon and under Additional, select Add Luxigon, then choose the light type etc.

In Layout, under Scene>Generics, select Convert Luxigons. This generates a light at the centre of the selected polygon(s).

This should do the trick.

Aegis
04-29-2003, 01:47 PM
This sounds like a job for LUXIGONS!

1. Select a polygon to attach your light to (the light will face in the direction of the polygon's normal).

2. Go to Construct/Additional/Add Luxigon.

3. Choose the light type, shadow type, colour & intensity then click "OK" and send your object to Layout.

4. In Layout go to Layout/Plug-Ins/Generic Plug-Ins/Convert Luxigons.

5. If you wish you can clone your new light settings from a light already in your scene.

6. Give 'em a name and hit "OK".

Done!

Darth Mole
04-29-2003, 02:28 PM
I just said that.