PDA

View Full Version : User Groups in NW England?

gazmon
04-29-2003, 12:45 PM
Hiya,
New to Lightwave but would love to know if there are nay users or groups or usergroups(!) in North West England that I could get in touch with...
Gaz

Matt
04-29-2003, 01:17 PM
while anyone is answering, any in the midlands?

cagey5
05-21-2003, 11:47 AM
Just spotted the thread. I don't know of a user group but I'm in NW too. Manchester actually.

colkai
06-11-2003, 05:52 AM
Yup, I'm in NW UK
St Helens (near warrington) - of "Saints" rugby team fame.

BTW.
This Saturday, I should have the house to myself during the day (9:00am - 17:00 hrs), so if anyone is interested, e-mail me privately and I'll make sure coffee and crisps are available.

Very impromptu and short notice, but there you are! ;)

email me on: colkai_at_dsl_dot_pipex_dot_com

(sorry - spam is reaching epic proportions lately! :( - substitute the _XX_ bits)

If you can get there, you're welcome, we can talk waving and all things related. Hope no-one is allergic to big stupid Labradors! :D

Retroid
06-11-2003, 11:57 AM
Hey Matt.

I'm in the East Midlands. Sunny Derby to be exact

badllarma
06-20-2003, 11:48 PM
Well I'm in Swinton, Manchester UK and also have a stupid Labrador now that a worry, I wonder if us lightwavers have been part of a cloning experiment at some time:confused:

colkai
06-21-2003, 03:41 AM
Heh,
Makes you wonder ;)

The wierd thing is, I live in St Helens, but I work in Swinton! On Pendlebury Ind. Est - Go figure! :p

Is your Lab black btw?

As for cloning, trust me, no-one would want to clone me :D - Most places I go, I'm known as "the guy with all the hair" heh!

badllarma
06-21-2003, 05:35 AM
Yep he's black, 1% trained gundog 99% pet:D

Hey just out of intrest colkai you haven't got 8,000 dodgy Harry Potter books:)

Thought you may of borrowed them so you can get the latest LW 8 offer:D

(For the others who read this, 8,000 of the new books were nicked from the Liverpool / St Helens area (EG HGV trailer!) and the empty trailer ended up on an industrial estate in Swinton):D )

Just call me Miss Marple :)

colkai
06-21-2003, 07:02 AM
Damn,
The trail was too obvious ;)

Funnily enough my Lab is "supposed" to be a gun dog, his mum and dad were, his Grandad is a field champion. Him? He's just plain nuts! :D

gazmon
06-23-2003, 01:42 PM
Cheers for the posts guys. Havent been able to reply for a while for loadsa reasons:
1) my computer went kapputtt and it had to go away and be taught a lesson!
2) I've been partying a bit too hard lately and havent wanted to stare at the screen
3) General lazyness

Anyways glad to know that theres some users up here in the North and it'd be cool if this Northern Meet Up happens
Cheers for the message Badllarma
Gaz
PS: never had a dog-used to have a budgie as a kid! It could fly till I accidently dropped something on it!!

Qexit
07-03-2003, 03:28 PM
Hi Gazmon

The Northern User meet is happening on a small scale round at my house on Saturday 19th July, from 2.00pm onwards (I should be awake by then :-))

If you want to come, please let me know and I'll send you some directions.

Cheers

Kevin

[email protected]

Qexit
07-28-2003, 02:08 PM
Much to everyone's surprise, this event did actually take place on Saturday
19th. Three intrepid LWers risked life and limb to reach my home travelling
along the M6/M62 following the directions I supplied. I must have got something
right, as Andy, Colin and Keith needed nothing stronger than a cup of coffee to
help them recover from the journey :-))

The next four hours or so were spent talking about LW, plugins, animating and
life in general. We even tried putting our heads together to solve a problem
Colin is having with animating a bird flying round a racing track. I was able to
demo a couple of plugins that the others hadn't played with before and give them
a quick look at the Video Toaster 2. All in all, I think a good time was had by
everyone and there are some plans to hold another get together. Possibly next
month. Next time, the intention is to include some more specific items, e.g.
more problem solving, how to do, etc. If more people want to get involved then
another venue may be needed as my place would max out with 6-7.

So for now, my thanks go to those who did attend with an extra thank-you to
Colin for helping out with the catering.

Till next time

kevman3d
07-28-2003, 03:44 PM
Kev!

Sounds like a good start (and a lot like our meetings!) - Good on ya for getting motivated enough to have a meeting - Some of my early meetings had 2-3 people (though the mess in my house prohibits me from holding them there!), but I kept it up for 5 years so I'm probably just crazy... :)

Kev

Qexit
07-28-2003, 04:09 PM
>> but I kept it up for 5 years so I'm probably just crazy...

Kev,

I've said this before...you live and work in New Zealand, no way you can possibly be crazy :D If I was any good at character animating using LW and messiah I'd be applying for work out there right now myself !!

In the meantime, I'll just stick to keeping this user group running even if only on tick-over.

Cheers