View Full Version : Another LW9 question

08-03-2005, 02:11 PM
Hi all,
I just (last week) received my LW8.3 (full)/Vue bundle. Now today I read this on the promo page for 9 "NewTek also announced a special promotion for purchasers of LightWaveŽ [8] full and upgrade editions to receive free upgrades to LightWave v9.0 upon its release.".
Should I be saying "boy did I screw up" or "wow that's great"???????
Does this mean I get 9 free or that I bought about 10 days to early and screwed up! :confused: :confused: :confused:

08-03-2005, 02:17 PM
EMail NewTek and confirm, but I *think* Chuck said on another thread that *if* you bought LW in a bundle with Vue5 already, then you get the 9 upgrade for free.

Again, YMMV.


08-03-2005, 02:28 PM
That's correct. Chuck stated that if you bought the LW/Vue bundle then you will get the upgrade to v9 for free (without hardcopy printed manuals).

08-03-2005, 02:38 PM
I hope your both right as that would be great!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm reading through other threads and have not found that topic covered yet. I'll keep looking.

08-03-2005, 03:05 PM
yes , I think they are both right,
on one of the official page about LW9, it says whoever bought
lw8+vue5 will get LW9 free..

08-03-2005, 03:10 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I can tell that I'll like NewTec allready.

08-03-2005, 03:18 PM
I may have spoken to soon. I just had a look at the pricing pages. Two weeks ago I paid $200 more for the EXACT same bundle and there was no mention of 9. Now the whole bundle is $200 less and states that it includes the free upgrade to 9. $200 is a lot of money to me!!! I SCREWED UP BIG TIME!!!!

08-03-2005, 03:20 PM
Everyone who purchased a LightWave/Vue 5 bundle will get LightWave 9 with PDF manual free.

08-03-2005, 04:05 PM
Thanks Chuck :)
What about the $200 price difference. Am I SOL on that account. Just because I ordered a few days to early??? As I understand the price of LW is now $795. I paid nearly $1,100 for the bundle a few days ago. I already owned Vue Esprit which means Infinite would have cost me $300. Which means I actually paid full price for both? If I screwed up, I screwed up. I'm not angry at you - I'm angry at me. I figured the bundle would end after the conference. Your price list was showing something like $1,695 for LW8 at that time. I actually thought I was getting a deal. I did not anticipate the price would be lower a few days after I made the purchase. If only I could go back in time! :(
How about a freebee for those of us who screwed up. Or was I the only one?

Digital Acme
08-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Your not the only one. Received my upgrade from 7.5 to 8.3 two weeks ago. Yesterday I find out that I could have waited a little longer and gotten the upgrade to 8.3 and Vue 5 Infinite, plus a free upgrade to V9 for only $145.00 more than what I paid. Now if I want to upgrade to V9 it will cost me another $395.00 in addition to what I just paid. The total for getting to V9 will now cost me almost the same as if I purchased a another full seat of Lightwave. I haven't even gotten to install or register 8.3 yet. Right now I am not a very happy camper.

08-03-2005, 06:26 PM
We are not all operating on corporate budget. I have to pay out of my own pocket. How are we going to learn and keep up if we can't afford the software? Add to that the need for a new system everytime there is an advance in software! Pretty much limits those of us too old to go back to school to learn and keep up. OK I'm done venting. Sorry Chuck :o I'm a small business and I understand how hard it is to market a product. I just needed to vent a little as I gave up my Christmas vacation for this software. :lightwave

Digital Acme
08-03-2005, 07:18 PM
I hear where your coming from.
Being a one man shop trying to get off the ground makes my business expense budget is very tight.

08-03-2005, 09:18 PM
I for one can't afford to do the LW9 upgrade right now either, because my business has been quite slow. Clients in my area have been moving to other staes and taking the work with them for the last year or so. I had missed out on all of the special deals that have included something bundled in extra. I'm hoping that NewTek will keep the price of a LW upgrade where it's now at even after it is out on sale. It's going to be tough for me to stash away $395 for awhile.

Signal to Noise
08-03-2005, 09:40 PM
I can tell that I'll like NewTec allready.

:twak: Whoa! Be careful. NewTek may not like you back if you keep spelling their name wrong.


08-04-2005, 11:04 AM
and he gets on his knee's begging for forgiveness
I'll write NewTek 1000 times in pennance. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

08-04-2005, 12:29 PM
Blaine, I know it's painful, but inevitably someone winds up taking a hit when prices change or a special deal comes up. Evry time Newtek advertises a special, someone is upset because they just missed it. Unfortunately, you have to draw a line somewhere. If Newtek were to refund your $200, then the guy who bought it "just the week before" would say, "What about me". Give him his $200 and the guy who bought it the week before him is going to be upset. You get the picture... Now that you are on the LightWave bandwagon, the easiest way to avoid these pitfalls is to jump on an early upgrade as soon as it's announced, invariably these are some of the sweetest deals.

08-04-2005, 12:35 PM
It's normally a good idea to wait on purchases when major shows are around the corner. Newtek is pretty reliable when it comes to offering great deals and specials.