PDA

View Full Version : Light reflections

Deadlyforce
08-03-2005, 07:18 AM
Hi !

I'm building a scene which involves spotlights and reflections on the objects.
I would like to light the objects without the lights reflecting on the surface.

How can we do that ? Is it only possible ?

Surrealist.
08-03-2005, 06:55 PM
You must mean specularity because the light itself wont reflect that I know of. You can uncheck affect specular in the basic tab of the light properties panel. Also you can have eny light affect or not affect any object. Just incase you diddn't know. :)

BTW I wouldn't mind knowing how to get a light to reflect - even with a lens flare I couldn't. I am sure you could fake it with a reflection map or other surfaceing tricks. I mean something other than specularity. You know. Something more like the actual light being reflected. Another weird thing. A glowing object does not reflect it's glow. Workaround might be an object specifically desinged with a surface gradient to appear as a light, you know like a headlight or a candle etc.

just some thoughts.

Captain Obvious
08-03-2005, 07:19 PM
If you want the actual light source to reflect, the best method is to create the geometry and turn luminosity up.

Deadlyforce
08-04-2005, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the replies !

I managed to partly solve the problem by decreasing the glossiness parameter on the objects. It allows for more diffuse reflections of lights and/or specular. This way I avoided the too shiny light hotspots on the surfaces.