PDA

View Full Version : Siggy News???

T-Light
08-03-2005, 06:50 AM
Siggraph 2005... not a lot happening on the Newtek news front :question:

Just popped over to Flay and read this.

They've been showing some of the stuff announced yesterday. Adaptive subdivision looks cool and there is a lot of talk about the "future plans".
Other than that, the only thing I've found so far is this picture showing the Newtek Show with Eyeon in the background (Big queue presumably to see the newly released DF5), here's a link from CGTalk for anyone (like me) wanting to see anything from the show.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b189/Sky_Zero/DSC00138.jpg

There was talk a couple of weeks back that LW 8.5 would be released at Siggraph, with the exception of the official post the other day stating it would be released during Q3, we've heard nothing since.

I can appreciate that marketing a piece of kit as good as the Tricaster wouldn't be best served broadcasting live footage when there's likely to be bandwidth issues, but we're now into the 3rd of the month, we haven't seen any output and Siggraph finishes Tomorrow 8~

Not complaing, (honest!), just eager.

Weetos
08-03-2005, 07:19 AM
yep not much for those not attending siggy :(

there's a post on SQ where Tess posts pictures taken by xchrisx, in case you missed it : http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?p=84613

T-Light
08-03-2005, 07:30 AM
in case you missed it

Yup, I missed it, taking a look now.

Cheers Weetos

ColinCohen
08-03-2005, 07:48 AM
Haven't made it there yet, but last year the big queue was in front of Eyeon in order to get a free T-shirt. :)

Brian Arndt
08-03-2005, 08:48 AM
Live Streaming is extremely costly at SIGGRAPH and is a big hassle with connections and getting things set up through the locations end. We just decided due to the whole time refraint and all that it was better not to this year and just to record and upload it all to the website.

So expect to see some SIGGRAPH videos up on the SIGGRAPH site soon.

beverins
08-03-2005, 09:12 AM
I had a feeling it was cost related as well. I appreciate the honesty, I'll shut up about the non-streaming then. What can I say - when yer a fanboy... fanboys get rather uppity and impatient... heh. :D