PDA

View Full Version : apple releases a mutli button mouse... sort of...

archiea
08-02-2005, 07:01 PM
http://www.apple.com/mightymouse/

Well, this ain't no Intel based mac annoucement, or that apple bought luxology.. but its kewl none the less!!!

Johnny
08-03-2005, 09:13 AM
I like their approach..more about varying pressure you place on the mouse rather than changing your finger position to hit buttons..seems to have better flow to it..

Now, if they'd only make a trackball around that concept, so I wouldn't have to roam all over the desk!

J

davesink
08-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Now, if they'd only make a trackball around that concept, so I wouldn't have to roam all over the desk!

J

It looks like the new Apple mouse includes a small trackball, doesn't it?
I'm gonna get me one! :thumbsup:

squeakybadger
08-04-2005, 12:49 PM
ordered myself one of these badboys, should speed up workflow nicely (coming from a pc background less than 2 months ago)

;)

Chazz
08-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Got mine this week. It's really slick, and I like the feel of the trackball a lot more than most wheel mice - it's really tactile and smooth. Be warned though: if you start getting random pagebacks in Safari or Firefox it's because you're moving the ball left and right instead of up and down. :) I'm also getting a lot of right-clicks when I think I'm left-clicking, you really have to be conscious of where your fingers are when click with this mouse.

Maya is the only app that I've seen that really uses great with this mouse to its full extent. Rolling the ball performs a super-smooth zoom in the current window and clicking in the middle pans the viewport back and forth. Really sweet. If I had a wish for the LW9 release, I'd ask newtek to support mice a little bmore, I love being able to zoom in and out in my camera viewport with the trackball!

squeakybadger
08-12-2005, 09:45 AM
chazz:

to get rid of the pageback/forward in firefox:

do about:config in the address bar, scroll down to horizontalscrollwithnokey (or something like that) and change the value to 0

I must say, this mouse i just what i wanted for my mac, i feel like i can get things done a lot quicker :D

How is yours setup?

I have button1/button 2 as left/right click
scroll ball button brings up application switcher, and the squeeze shows the desktop