PDA

View Full Version : I could'a swore this used to work...,

Bass
08-02-2005, 03:55 PM
I'm trying to capture some old S-VHS into DV format, but regardless of which capture format I choose, (DV1, DV2, MPG4, etc.), I keep getting 1.2 per minute files.

This should work, right? Or am I just remembering this wrong?

VT[4] SP1, Dual Xeons, 1GB RAM, 136GB SCSI RAID

Thanks

Bass

Bass
08-02-2005, 04:01 PM
That's 1.2 GB per minute

Bass

Bass
08-02-2005, 04:15 PM
This is really embarrassing, but I'll post it anyway - on the sligt chance some one else pulls a bone-headed move lke this - I changed the capture format..., then left the dialog open! Clicking "OK" makes it all better.

Sorry for using up the bandwidth.

Bass

Jim_C
08-02-2005, 08:35 PM
This is a perfect example of how much help it would be if Newtek put a synopsis of codecs/resolutions right next to the record button on the capture panel. There is plenty of real estate there.

I have many times captured in the wrong format (fellow bonehead) but if the settings were displayed right next to the red button.....

PIZAZZ
08-03-2005, 06:24 AM
This is a perfect example of how much help it would be if Newtek put a synopsis of codecs/resolutions right next to the record button on the capture panel. There is plenty of real estate there.

I have many times captured in the wrong format (fellow bonehead) but if the settings were displayed right next to the red button.....

You are absolutely right Jim. It should would be nice to see at a glance what format you are recording. We almost always use RTV in our work but there have been some times when we used DV and of course we found out too late we didn't switch it back.

Great Suggestion Jim! send it to vidfeatures at newtek.com right away.

DonN
08-03-2005, 09:28 PM
Great suggestion.
We're all format boneheads at one time or another. Why at all...

Also, I want a box on the Editor main interface that says [ripple] and a check box next to it or make it blue if its ON. visual [ripple] is more important to me than [overlay], but why even not have both???
When overlay is ON, the d**n clip is blue. When ripple is ON, its a big mystery.

Don