PDA

View Full Version : Best Codec/Frame Rate for VT 2

ACTVSEN
08-02-2005, 03:51 PM
We have a project that will projected on a wide screen using power point.

We have VT 2 and we just wondering which settings to render with.

any help would be great.

DonN
08-02-2005, 08:01 PM
Get VT 4.5 and forget PP. You'll project right off the vt editor, ddr, etc. to vga res. No codec needed.
Don

ACTVSEN
08-03-2005, 09:24 AM
Thanks for responding Don.

Maybe I should be a bit more clear with what I need and what we have to work with.

We have some video files on our VT 2 editor (4.5 is not an option right now) that we want to give to someone else who will be using them on a lap top using power point.

We can't bring our editor with us and we need to know what the best codec/settings are to render...and ultimately put on a cd to give to the presenter.

JReble
08-03-2005, 09:41 AM
Export them as WMV files at 750KBps. Should give you decent quality that will playback without studder from a laptop hard drive. Mpeg4 would be better, but you'd need the codec on the other machine as well. You could also try to export them as DV with the MS DV codec, but you may run into playback studders from the laptop depending on the overhead. Never try to run video files from a cd.

DonN
08-03-2005, 09:07 PM
VT2 - your talking 4 years old technology, developed 5 or 6 years ago. Not meant as a put down, but the hardware, system software and VT software may not be up to current wmv or DV codec specs installed on the intended playback system. I'd try what J said, you might get lucky.
Also as per J, the PP laptop system specs and PP version may be an issue. You really need to be prepared for trouble with older systems in jobs like this. Asking here is the best thing to do.

My bias and pain is tied to a regular VT upgraded path, so I loose familiarity with legacy issues really fast, and probably should keep my mouth shut on questions like yours, So sorry if this has not been helpful.
Don