PDA

View Full Version : Problems Rendering: Strange Artifacting

iggy21
08-02-2005, 07:50 AM
Im Rendering a complex scene (Interior and Exterior w/ multiple interior Lights and exterior Lights) and im saving it as a targa sequence. However, when I render, the images get this strange artifacting on them (It appears that the lights are flickering off and on, but it causes strange streaks and wierd lighting problems). This 'flickering' is not caused by doubled-up polys, it appears that it's more related to the lights. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Iggy21

MonroePoteet
08-02-2005, 09:16 AM
If you're using spotlights with shadow maps, try bumping the shadow map size way up (say 8192).

mTp

iggy21
08-02-2005, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, but I should have included that I am using multiple spotlights with Ray trace shadows (a typical interior light is set to 8% intensity, w/ Inv Dist^2 fallof at 12' Range/Nominal Distance.) The 'flickering' appears to be light related, but it doesnt follow any logical shadowlines, it seems to occur most randomly when i have both extrior and interior lights lighting my scene (the interior itself tend to 'flicker').

toby
08-02-2005, 12:27 PM
Could use some more details - are you using radiosity or any shaders, is naything animated in the scene? Try turning off raytrace shadows and see if it continues...

Arab Voisov
08-02-2005, 04:29 PM
maybe u'll post some test renders.