PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Cam in 4.5?

Bass
08-01-2005, 03:38 PM
This isn't anything against BobT - I have a couple of his plugins, and I am still in awe of his work. However, before I buy his Multi-Cam, I would like to confirm that it hasn't been been added to VT[4.5]. I'd rather spend the money on his other plugs!

Thanks

Dave

ScorpioProd
08-01-2005, 04:20 PM
No, MCE has not been added to VT[4] 4.5, you must be thinking of the latest release of FCP 5, that has a cool new MCE that's part of it. ;)

But seriously, no, MCE is not included in VT[4] 4.5.

Buy Bob's plug-in, it works fine.

But NOTE, Bob will be needing to make a new version of all his plug-ins for VT[4] 4.5, so the existing VT[4] plug-ins will probably not work in VT[4] 4.5 as is. And I'm sure Bob will do that as soon as possible.

Videonut
08-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Eugene,

Why would you think that the new 4.5 release would not work with Bob's plug-ins when they work with the VT4 version? Is the new 4.5 version going to be a different core animal?

ScorpioProd
08-05-2005, 11:36 PM
Every time there is a new version of the VT, no matter how small a change, there is a new SDK to go with it for third-party developers.

The changes require the third-parties to recompile all their plug-ins with the new SDKs or they won't work.

Bob's VT[4] plug-ins didn't work with VT[4] SP1.

He had to recompile them all for that.

He'll have to do the same for 4.5.

Otherwise you can expect the same type of problems users had before, with projects not opening and such, if the wrong version plug-ins are in a project you try to open with a newer version of the VT.

I'm sure Bob will do it as quick as possible, but it all depends how early Newtek provides Bob with a new SDK, of course.

Personally, my work requires Bob's plug-ins, so I can't really upgrade to 4.5 till new plug-ins are available.