PDA

View Full Version : Newtek Europe....?

kevinmcpoland
08-01-2005, 03:21 PM
I've just been to the Newtek Europe site because of all the furor here and on Spinquad, but unless I am completely rubbish (which is always possible), I can't find a thing about LW 9 or any upgrade deals, which seem to include Vue 5...?

So, is it just me, or is it Newtek Europe being kept in the dark...?

(I think I read that if you upgrade on the US sites now, you get Vue now and when LW 9 is released it gets sent out...I would really like this deal too!!)

Kev McP

KillMe
08-01-2005, 06:01 PM
yup i was wondering the exact same - come on newtek europe jump on the lw 9 bandwagon and let us order now

Red_Oddity
08-02-2005, 02:26 AM
I think they'll offer the same deals, you can't expect that NT Europe will have the site changed 30 minutes after some news has been posted on the NT main site (well, you can expect it offcourse, but i don't think NT and NT Europe have coordinated this well, or it could be a manpower/time zone/lack of communication thing.)

Don't you worry guys, so far al the deals have always been available in europe as well, you should know this by now.

kevinmcpoland
08-02-2005, 03:37 AM
I think you're right about the deals Red, but wrong about the timing... (I can expect everything!!!)

With the technology available to companies today, a simultaneously released news bulletin is not difficult at all. And I don't believe for 1 second that Newtek Europe weren't aware this was coming and could have pre-prepared their web pages...and if they didn't know, then I guess they must be feeling quite left out in the cold and undervalued...

As for 'we should know how they operate by now' doesn't mean we should keep accepting it and not keep trying to push them into getting better Europe updates/information. Using the age old adage "if you don't ask, you don't get"...

And it's not even updated now!!

Kev McP

colkai
08-02-2005, 04:16 AM
yup i was wondering the exact same - come on newtek europe jump on the lw 9 bandwagon and let us order now

I'm keen too, but chances are, that Ben Vost is away at Siggraph too.
I'm jsut hoping that we get a comparative change not 395 usd to 395 ukp or 395 Euros.
395 USD is currently around 224 ukp, 395 euros would be around 272 ukp - that's a big difference.

operation
08-02-2005, 04:35 AM
hi,

They know about those offers.
Some people at Newtek Europe are in vacation ....
Some are at the Siggraph ...

then don't worry , they will update the Europeen web page soon.

And they always have to wait NT US before making an annoucement.
So don't worry ! : ),please wait ! (it's summer .. :D )

Ps: don't forget that It's easy to sell in US (the money is dollars everywhere)
For Nt Europe, there are some country wich not using Euros money, they have to study the good price for everyone ...

Cheers
Operation

colkai
08-02-2005, 04:57 AM
don't forget that It's easy to sell in US (the money is dollars everywhere)
For Nt Europe, there are some country wich not using Euros money, they have to study the good price for everyone ...
But then there's a "them and us" situation which is not good.

Well, just comparing the USA upgrade to LW8 to the Europe one.
USA $495 (279) - Europe 449 Euro (309) - so it costs 30 more for European people to upgrade vs the folks in the USA. (That's around $52 usd), or if you prefer, approx 10% dearer.

So guess-timate time, are we looking at similar figures for this upgrade, so without printed manual, it would work out at around 349 euros == $425 usd or 240 ukp ? Around 20 ukp more than conversion rates, but even so, not too shabby.

So Vue 5 Infinite + upgrade to LW9 (plus, one presumes gven past history, free point updates) for around $200 dollars less than it costs to by Vue 5 Infinite alone (list price $599).

If it's in that ball park - I know someone who'll be placing his upgrade order :p
(Of course, there will still be the - can I have it for free/even cheaper because I don't want Vue 5 requests ..oh wait, they've already started :lol: ).

mattclary
08-02-2005, 04:59 AM
Man! You poor European b*stards always get the sh*tty end of the stick! :neener:

;)

colkai
08-02-2005, 05:37 AM
Ahh, rub it in why don't ya! :p ;)

As it is, I may be needing to generate some landscapes soon, and according to the blurb, Vue5 infinite seems to allow export of whole scenes to LW.
Hope so, t'would be sweet, as my tree building skills leaf a bit to be desired hehe...

mattclary
08-02-2005, 05:46 AM
I ordered my upgrade last night. Luckily, the anticipation of 9 will be offset by having Vue 5. Now, if I can just buy a time machine so I can squeeze 26 hours into a day.....

colkai
08-02-2005, 06:56 AM
Now, if I can just buy a time machine so I can squeeze 26 hours into a day.....
Ahh yes, TIME, the true 4-letter word :p
What I couldn't do if I had some of that, the only thing that money won't buy ya more of hehe.

FHL
08-02-2005, 07:03 AM
A little update from NewTek Europe

Every customer in Europe who purchased a LightWave or LightWave Upgrade Special offer with Vue 5 Infinite from E-On software is eligible to a free upgrade to LightWave 3D [9] (with Electronic manual) when available.

The UK price for :

LightWave 3D [8] v8.3 + Free Upgrade to LightWave [9]* + Vue 5 Infinite is 499 GBP+VAT

LightWave 3D [8] v8.3 Upgrade for owners of LightWave 3D prior to v8 + Free Upgrade to LightWave [9]* + Vue 5 Infinite is 299 GBP+VAT

LightWave 3D [9] Upgrade Pre-Order: Pre purchase your v9 upgrade and get Vue 5 Infinite now for 259 GBP+VAT

I apologize for the lack of information on newtek-europe.com regarding LightWave 3D [9] this is by no mean NewTek USA responsibility.
Due to several reasons, some being our responsibility, others out of our control we will be late to update the newtek-europe.com
Nevertheless our sales team is ready to assist you and process your orders.
I invite everyone to try NewTek Europe call-back service which is 100% free to get information or place orders.
For Siggraph visitors do not miss the opportunity to meet with Ben Vost on NewTek booth #1529.

Franck Lafage

T-Light
08-02-2005, 07:42 AM
Colkai

Vue5 infinite seems to allow export of whole scenes to LW.
Hope so, t'would be sweet...

I think it can export the landscapes but not landscapes with eco foliage, they say that none of the main packages would be able to handle the billion+ polygons required. Fair enough, even with nine's potential speed boost I would't fancy those rendertimes. :eek:

On FHL's post, looks like those of us in Europe who've already upgraded to 8 are going to get the upgrade cheaper than those still on 7.5 etc. From Chucks earlier posts I thought we'd be paying the same. Goodo :thumbsup:

colkai
08-02-2005, 07:56 AM
259 +VAT ..ouch! that means 304 quid (approx 537 dollars), then you can probably whack some more onto that for postage.

Ahh well, guess I'd better start planning that romantic dinner to sweet talk the wife!

KillMe
08-02-2005, 08:01 AM
maybe you should consider going to mc donalds - that romantic dinner will add another 100 to the cost :D

colkai
08-02-2005, 08:10 AM
maybe you should consider going to mc donalds - that romantic dinner will add another 100 to the cost :D
hehe, yeah - could do that, but then the cost of the divorce would be a darn sight more expensive! :p ;)

Sorta like the Sam Jackson advert for the bank, "I'll buy you a big diamond ring" .. "don't want as ring" ... "a luxury yacht then" ... "don't want a luxury yacht", "heck - what do you want?" .. "I want a divorce" .. "jeez, wasn't planning on spending that much" :p hehehe

kevinmcpoland
08-03-2005, 02:10 PM
Just for info...

Yesterday I went to the Newtek Europe site, and still couldn't see anything, so I used their free dial back service, and literally within minutes Carole called me back.

I ordered the upgrade with the Vue 5 infinite offer, and including VAT and postage it set me back around 340, which when you consider that Infinite from the e-on website is 411 EXCLUDING VAT and shipment (and obviously no LW9 upgrade!), I think we're getting a pretty great deal! I'll still be quids in if I order the hardcopy manual for 39...

The Vue I believe has already been sent to me, so hopefully i'll be playing by the weekend!!

Kev McP

P.S. Anyone from Newtek Europe reading this, except for the small delay in the update, may I thank you for the very fast and professional service! (Creep Creep) - (Thanks Carole!)