PDA

View Full Version : NewTek's SIGGRAPH 05 LightWave Announcements

Chuck
08-01-2005, 08:38 AM
Los Angeles, CA -- SIGGRAPH 2005 Booth #1529 -- August 1, 2005 --

NewTek is pleased to announce today the forthcoming release of LightWave 3D® version 9.0, the next generation of the Emmy®-winning 3D application. NewTek's development team is implementing a major rewrite and restructuring of LightWave's core with the addition of mesh editing capabilities to Layout, consolidation and enhancement of tools in Modeler, extraction of the renderer from the Layout module, rewrite of the raytracing routines to newer, much faster algorithms, and implementation of adaptive mesh subdivision based on distance-to-camera and visibility. Modeler's toolset is being updated with true edge support throughout, and subdivision surfaces have been re-engineered for improved performance and n-gon support.

For the complete text of this press release, link to:

http://www.newtek.com/news/releases/08-01-05a.html

NewTek is pleased to announce today the release of the 64-bit port of the Emmy®-winning LightWave 3D® for Windows XP Pro x64 OS, as part of the release of the version 8.5 update. LightWave® 64 and the version 8.5 update are free to registered owners of LightWave [8]. LightWave's 64-bit version leverages the increased memory available with 64-bit systems plus the power of the new processors and faster RAM access to provide digital artists with a streamlined workflow that allows them greater flexibility and creative freedom.

http://www.newtek.com/news/releases/08-01-05b.html

NewTek is pleased to extend their congratulations to the Emmy® nominees in the Outstanding Special Visual Effects for a Series category for 2005. For the eighth year in a row, a number of the nominees relied on NewTek's Emmy-winning LightWave 3D® as a key tool in their visual effects arsenal. NewTek's TriCaster is also nominated for an Emmy this year, in the category Outstanding Achievement in Advanced Media Technology for the Creation of Non-Traditional Programs or Platforms.

http://www.newtek.com/news/releases/08-01-05c.html

NewTek is pleased to announce today that Emmy® award-winning LightWave 3D® will be available at a greatly reduced suggested retail price. With a full $800 price reduction from $1595 to the new price of $795, NewTek is once again setting a new price/performance standard for the professional 3D industry. NewTek also announced a special promotion for purchasers of LightWave® [8] full and upgrade editions to receive free upgrades to LightWave v9.0 upon its release.

http://www.newtek.com/news/releases/08-01-05d.html

For more information, link to:

http://www.newtek.com

mamurphy
08-01-2005, 08:42 AM
I can't believe I'm the first to reply to this. As someone who is still at 7.5 I couldn't be more pleased with this news and will be ordering the upgrade when more of the juicy details come out.

Way to go Newtek! :thumbsup: :lwicon:

nuclearchutney
08-01-2005, 09:03 AM
Los Angeles, CA -- SIGGRAPH 2005 Booth #1529 -- August 1, 2005 --

NewTek is pleased to announce today the forthcoming release of LightWave 3D® version 9.0, the next generation of the Emmy®-winning 3D application. NewTek's development team is implementing a major rewrite and restructuring of LightWave's core with the addition of mesh editing capabilities to Layout, consolidation and enhancement of tools in Modeler, extraction of the renderer from the Layout module, rewrite of the raytracing routines to newer, much faster algorithms, and implementation of adaptive mesh subdivision based on distance-to-camera and visibility. Modeler's toolset is being updated with true edge support throughout, and subdivision surfaces have been re-engineered for improved performance and n-gon support.

http://www.newtek.com/news/releases/08-01-05a.html

NewTek is pleased to announce today the release of the 64-bit port of the Emmy®-winning LightWave 3D® for Windows XP Pro x64 OS, as part of the release of the version 8.5 update. LightWave® 64 and the version 8.5 update are free to registered owners of LightWave [8]. LightWave's 64-bit version leverages the increased memory available with 64-bit systems plus the power of the new processors and faster RAM access to provide digital artists with a streamlined workflow that allows them greater flexibility and creative freedom.

http://www.newtek.com/news/releases/08-01-05b.html

NewTek is pleased to extend their congratulations to the Emmy® nominees in the Outstanding Special Visual Effects for a Series category for 2005. For the eighth year in a row, a number of the nominees relied on NewTek's Emmy-winning LightWave 3D® as a key tool in their visual effects arsenal. NewTek's TriCaster is also nominated for an Emmy this year, in the category Outstanding Achievement in Advanced Media Technology for the Creation of Non-Traditional Programs or Platforms.

http://www.newtek.com/news/releases/08-01-05c.html

NewTek is pleased to announce today that Emmy® award-winning LightWave 3D® will be available at a greatly reduced suggested retail price. With a full $800 price reduction from $1595 to the new price of $795, NewTek is once again setting a new price/performance standard for the professional 3D industry. NewTek also announced a special promotion for purchasers of LightWave® [8] full and upgrade editions to receive free upgrades to LightWave v9.0 upon its release.

http://www.newtek.com/news/releases/08-01-05d.html

For more information, link to:

http://www.newtek.com

Hey Chuck,

when is 8.5 going to be available for download?

Karmacop
08-01-2005, 09:07 AM
When can we give you money for LW9? :D

ibanezhead
08-01-2005, 09:23 AM
Crap. I just upgraded with the $250 upgrade special just a month ago... Can you guys offer some type of discounted upgrade price for those of us who just upgraded with that promotion? Like $145 to upgrade to 9? That would make up the difference for the $395...

trick
08-01-2005, 09:39 AM
:lightwave
:beerchug:
:gotpics:
:dance: :dance:
:heart: :heart: :heart:

I didn't have space to start using [8] and now this...and it seems I also get Vue5Inf with it...I guess I won't have excuses now...

CB_3D
08-01-2005, 09:55 AM
Hi Chuck. Will we see a little more about L9 in the vids? Or is it just text for now? Just out of curiosity!! Nice announcements so far!

Lito
08-01-2005, 10:04 AM
Ok maybe I shouldn't ask this ;), but when is LW9 suppose to ship? I only ask cause that Vue5 deal is tempting, but IIRC when LW8 upgrades were announced, everyone got the DFX+ deal, but then had to wait like a year before LW8 actually shipped.

Also does Vue Tie to the dongle? Maybe this time when I order the upgrade I'll swap the parallel dongle for the USB one finally :).

Dodgy
08-01-2005, 10:25 AM
Says Q3 for 8.5, Q4 2005 for LW 9....

For full 9 + vue =$795 = BARGAIN!

Wickster
08-01-2005, 10:35 AM
:eek: Eeek! Gack! Somebody call/email e911, I'm having a heart attack from excitement.
Awesome job NewTek...another guaranteed upgrade purchace from me.

When can we give you money for LW9? :D

:agree: yeah chuck, when is LW9's pre-order date?

mattclary
08-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Awesome!

OK, major question here:

You can upgrade to 9 and get Vue 5 Infinite. It says on the product page the Vue CD ships in the box. If we pre-order 9, is there ANY way we can get a download of Vue 5????? so we don't have to wait until Q4???

mav3rick
08-01-2005, 11:04 AM
now i can feel the real progress that NT DEV team does .... i just hope they will finish in DEADLINES and with GREAT quality . if that happens i am 1st to order it without delay

Ztreem
08-01-2005, 11:06 AM
WOW! I didn't expect this.... Now I have a nice warm feeling inside, thanks Newtek. :thumbsup: :lwicon:

Chuck
08-01-2005, 11:34 AM
Awesome!

OK, major question here:

You can upgrade to 9 and get Vue 5 Infinite. It says on the product page the Vue CD ships in the box. If we pre-order 9, is there ANY way we can get a download of Vue 5????? so we don't have to wait until Q4???

Actually, when you order, we ship your copy of Vue 5 immediately. We'll ship your copy of 9 when 9 is released.

Trev.T
08-01-2005, 11:38 AM
For those of us that already have Vue 5, can we maybe have a free printed manual?

mattclary
08-01-2005, 11:50 AM
Actually, when you order, we ship your copy of Vue 5 immediately. We'll ship your copy of 9 when 9 is released.

Awesome!!!! Thanks Chuck!!!!

:I_Love_Ne

Lude
08-01-2005, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezhead
Crap. I just upgraded with the $250 upgrade special just a month ago... Can you guys offer some type of discounted upgrade price for those of us who just upgraded with that promotion? Like $145 to upgrade to 9? That would make up the difference for the $395...

When I ordered LW 6.5, the day it arrived they announced 7. When I asked, I was told that orders of 6.5 that were younger than 6 (or so) months included a 7 upgrade for free in a sort of reactive way. Just ask your reseller. I think with LW 8 it will be the same...
Greets.
Oliver.

Yeah im in the same boat i have 2 seats of lightwave 8 i got about a month ago that i haven't even had time to reg yet. Great news though.

art
08-01-2005, 03:13 PM

My visa is ready...

This was totally unexpected. Great job NT team!

hrgiger
08-01-2005, 03:22 PM
This message is to Chuck but anyone else can answer it if they know.

We probably don't know when the Vue 5 promotion will end but will the end at least be announced prior so that it just doesn't disappear one day all of a sudden? I would like to get the deal but I don't want to order right away.

Lottmedia
08-01-2005, 03:34 PM
dropped price on full but not upgrade? Guess it's good to get new users but dosen't really reward the fathful, does it? No change in upgrade price?

J-Rod

hrgiger
08-01-2005, 03:59 PM
Upgrade price has dropped $100 from LW8 upgrade price.

archiea
08-01-2005, 04:44 PM

You ordered a 3D product a month before an event like Siggraph?!?!?!?! I guess I should wish you a belated birthday because you were born yesterday!!!!!!! :D

Yeah.. its ****ed of you do or don't.. but let it be a lesson to you... Don;t buy anything before siggy.. not even toilet paper!!!!!

mattclary
08-01-2005, 07:46 PM
dropped price on full but not upgrade? Guess it's good to get new users but dosen't really reward the fathful, does it? No change in upgrade price?

J-Rod

$395 vs. $495 PLUS you get a copy of Vue 5 Infinite. If that isn't a reward, I don't know what is.

Silkrooster
08-01-2005, 11:26 PM
This is one offer I could not refuse. :thumbsup: :boogiedow :rock: :dance: :jam:
It's all ordered.
Silk

ibanezhead
08-02-2005, 06:08 AM
You ordered a 3D product a month before an event like Siggraph?!?!?!?! I guess I should wish you a belated birthday because you were born yesterday!!!!!!!

Yeah.. its ****ed of you do or don't.. but let it be a lesson to you... Don;t buy anything before siggy.. not even toilet paper!!!!!

Actually my birthday was 2 days ago, not yesterday. : )
I can't possibly be one of the only people who took advantage of a $250 upgrade to 8... That was a very good deal... But yes, lesson learned :rolleyes:

digital verve
08-02-2005, 06:12 AM
WONDERFUL NEWS!!! :D

Pleased I waited and didn't spend some money on another thing. It's going to LW9.

:I_Love_Ne

Paul_Boland
08-02-2005, 11:52 AM
Ohh, this came very quck, didn't it. I mean 8.5 isn't out yet and news is released that Lightwave 9 is in the works. I've invested a bit of money in Lightwave 8, between buying it and books to learn the software. Am currently learning it and doing ok by myself, but now my investment is obsolete (and I thought hardware was bad for going out of date fast!!).

Will I upgrade to 9...
Sure would like to but cash is very tight.
Have to leave it a while and see what happens.

Just a question...
As someone whose first steps into Lightwave have been with Lightwave 8, when a new version is released, is there much difference between it and the previous version, as far as established tools go? it's just that I've read about 90% of the Lightwave 8 manual (that's a lot of reading) and I'd hate to think that if I get Lightwave 9, I'd have to start reading a new manual from scratch.

jnddepew
08-02-2005, 12:12 PM
when will 8.5 be available?