PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen

otacon
08-01-2005, 07:03 AM
A kitchen i did, rendered with Kray. Render time was 4 hours 20 minutes at a res of 1428x1463. Comments welcome.

richdj
08-01-2005, 04:30 PM
:thumbsup: Excellent as usual... When are you going to do some tutes.....

Rich

amiridon
08-01-2005, 05:32 PM
I see alot of the good artist are rendering at a higher res does this make your final render better?

otacon
08-01-2005, 05:55 PM
Thanks. I wish i could do some tuts, dont have enough time or energy.
amiridon: One reason its good to render at a higher res is because its easier to see details. The downside is the longer render times. All of my stuff is meant to be seen on computer monitors, so i dont have to render really big.

GregMalick
08-01-2005, 07:02 PM
Seriously now - exceptionally nice. :thumbsup:

nthused
08-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Nice work as usual, Jason. Only one thing...the window treatment looks strange. Looks like a shade at the top and open at the bottom. Too little definition...I know, I know picky...but that's what you pay me the "big" bucks for :-)

starbase1
08-02-2005, 06:02 AM
Great colour, great light, greeat attention to detail. Err... Great!

ingo
08-02-2005, 07:57 AM
Nice pic. But the windowframe needs some more attention to detail ;) If the window is that bright the kitchen should be way brighter too.

colkai
08-02-2005, 08:13 AM
Aww, come on Otacon - will you pack it in already, it's too depressing for us folks trying to do this sort of stuff! :eek:

Hehe, seriously, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, lovely work once again. Ahhh, one day I too may achieve this sort of quality in my renders.

Certainly gives a bar against which to measure oneself! :thumbsup:

Schwing
08-02-2005, 09:13 AM
Nice pic. But the windowframe needs some more attention to detail ;) If the window is that bright the kitchen should be way brighter too.

+1

The light from inside the window has completely blown out the inside of the window frame, yet its fall off is so rapid, you're hardly casting shadows 6 feet away. Exa:The stove hood is casting an opposing shadow that looks too pronounced in the wake of all that sun light.

Tom

otacon
08-02-2005, 09:51 AM
Thanks. Your right about the overblown window area, i kind of rushed that in. There is another light on, a ceiling light that is casting some shadow the opposite way. Heres some closeups...

Tiger
08-02-2005, 10:44 AM
One day my kitchen will also shine like that :thumbsup:

antwik-2
08-02-2005, 03:53 PM
Sweet mama! This is the best Kray render ive seen so far. Tell em to put it up on the Kray site.
I almost thought is was rendered with maxwell first but then i saw the render time, hehe. To fast to be maxwell.

Great work Otacon, if you got time maybe you can show us what lightning you use, or is it just area light for the window?

And what kind of kray settings you use,
Maybe it could be rendered even faster.

gaushell
08-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Looks great!

Question and this may be a Kray thing - it looks like it goes in and out of focus in areas of the rendering - very slight. Sort of like you used DOF, but it isn't quite working due to the bloom.

The closeups look great. Something odd in the render engine perhaps.....or my eyes are too blurry from looking at this tower project.....:-)

adrian
08-03-2005, 12:54 AM
For me the render is flawless, except the window is all washed-out, as if the picture is over-exposed (ie you can't see anything through the window).

Adrian.

chemaelizondo
08-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Great work. :bowdown:
On the technical side, you used Montecarlo radiosity, right?
How many bounces did you set it up for?
Could you tell us how long it took to render and what kind of compputer you are using?

Thanks

Again, fenomanal work!

JM

Matt
08-03-2005, 12:29 PM
I dunno how may times I can say 'wow', 'excellent' either!

Every time I see a thread by you Otacon; I think to myself "Uh oh! Otacon's posted another image that will make me realise how much I suck"!

;)

Gui Lo
08-04-2005, 04:25 AM
WOW! Great colour and textures.

The only thing I noticed was that the shadows from the ceiling light look a bit too strong comapared to the natural light coming from the window.

NeonLife2
08-11-2005, 02:22 AM
That is incredibly good. If I had any constructive criticism it would be on the cabinet doors. I'm asuming the lower ones swing open... They kind of look too flat, like there is no thickness. Unless it's supposed to be flat. Are the hinges hidden... once again I am being very detail oritented. But a fabulous render. :thumbsup:

Intuition
08-13-2005, 10:05 AM
I was interested in Kray because it can bake lighting.

I have mainly been using Maxwell but have been on hold since the new OCT release.

Kray keeps making a case for my next purchase.

Otacon, since you've used both (I see you on Maxwell forums) what is your opinion on the comparison between Maxwell and Kray?

otacon
08-13-2005, 11:40 AM
My biggest problem with maxwell is the surfacing. Its too complicated right now and i hate having to put glass materials as a seperate object. With kray i know what kind of surfaces im going to get because it works like lightwave. I think the maxwell hype has died down a little, i know for me it has, i just got tired of waiting. Hopefully when it comes out in october it will be easier to use within lightwave.

nikturnal
08-13-2005, 01:11 PM
Unbelievable realism, I agree you should be doing some tutorials and charging for them. At least some lighting tutorials. Or you could just keep dominating the finished gallery. :thumbsup:

newwave
08-17-2005, 10:10 PM
u r really a tool master, great gallery u have, and... question......

why KRAY in this render??? Why no fprime??? only a other option????

tkz u r great.....

otacon
08-18-2005, 07:39 AM
Thanks. I used kray because i want to try and get better with it, plus its fast and i thought it wouold work well with this kind of scene.

object
08-18-2005, 09:36 AM
Very nice kitchen Otacon, I like the walls on the jars.

GregMalick
08-18-2005, 10:11 AM
walls on the jars ??? :question: