PDA

View Full Version : Double Box on VT4??

blakeb
07-30-2005, 01:20 PM
I just took delievery on a VT4, which we'll be using for live newscasts. We need to be able to incorporate a shot of a news anchor in the studio and the reporter in the field within one screen. I created a graphic with two squares cut out with alpha channel. I can sort-of get it to work by using a wipe and the half-way (H) shortcut, but camera framing has to be adjusted to accommodate the graphic. Then when I switch to either camera full screen the camera shot has to be readjusted. Any ideas on how to compress both camera shots so the cams don't have to move?
Thanks!!

kltv
07-30-2005, 02:27 PM
The VT can only warp one video source at a time. A double squeeze box like you described is not currently possible. Perhaps there is a way to develop an over-the-shoulder format to toss to the reporter? Without it looking cheesy...

Kris

PIZAZZ
07-30-2005, 03:58 PM
I just took delievery on a VT4, which we'll be using for live newscasts. We need to be able to incorporate a shot of a news anchor in the studio and the reporter in the field within one screen. I created a graphic with two squares cut out with alpha channel. I can sort-of get it to work by using a wipe and the half-way (H) shortcut, but camera framing has to be adjusted to accommodate the graphic. Then when I switch to either camera full screen the camera shot has to be readjusted. Any ideas on how to compress both camera shots so the cams don't have to move?
Thanks!!

Another VT downstream of the primary VT would do this. You also would have the capability of one more DSK layers for bugs and such.