PDA

View Full Version : Hub

Matt E
04-29-2003, 09:21 AM
I am just getting started on Lightwave 3D seven for macintosh. I am currently going through various tutorials and finding my way round, however i can not get my hub to launch modeler and layout. What am i doing wrong? So I am now currently working in the programmes independently.
Also when i try to render added cameras to a scene they revert back to there default location.
Any pointers would be of great help. Thanks Matt.

Meaty
04-29-2003, 10:49 AM
I am not a mac user, so I can't help in that regards. But you might try the LW-MAC forum instead. You will probably have better luck with a timely response there.

Matt E
04-29-2003, 11:02 AM
Thanks, will do.

WCameron
04-29-2003, 07:42 PM
I assume its the same for PC and Mac, but usually when the hub
begins with a blank cfg file, you launch the hub, then manually launch Modeler and Layout, and it noteswhere they launch from
and locks those paths into its CG file.
Alternately (and I suggest this simply for good housekeeping, but it may also be just another PC/Intel thing) You can set the paths manually by finding the LWHUB.CFG file. Again if the Mac setup is the same as the PC the entire bulk of the file should be something like this:

FileRequesterServer $Default
ColorPickerServer $Default
TimeOptionsIndex 1
SaveClientIndex 2
DialogCenter 512 393
WindowShape 10 115 231 915 441
ProcessName LWLayout C:\LightWave_7.5\Programs\LightWav.exe C:\Lightwave_7.5\Configs C:\Lightwave_7.5\Configs
ProcessName LWModeler C:\LightWave_7.5\Programs\Modeler.exe C:\Lightwave_7.5\Configs C:\Lightwave_7.5\Configs
AppConfig FrameSliderLabel 0
AppConfig ContentDirectory F:\Lightwave_7.5\Content
AppConfig ColorNumberFormat 0
AppConfig ColorPickerServer LW_ColrPikr

it'll probably be word wrapped when its printed in here, but the two lines to look for are the ProcessName lines. (the ones abouve use a fixed path to a set of config files (which I suggest) - and if you do that edit the Shortcuts to Modeler and Layout by adding

-cC:/Lightwave_7.5/Configs

to the end of the executable path, like so:

C:\LightWave_7.5\Programs\LightWav.exe -cC:\Lightwave_7.5\Configs

- Will.

Matt E
04-30-2003, 01:22 AM
Thanks, I will see if it can work the same for mac.
-Matt

uberslayer™
05-21-2003, 09:54 PM
Hub always causes problems on macs to the point where I have seen 20 seat classrooms learning lightwave on macs with hub removed from every machine.

BeeVee
05-22-2003, 09:03 AM
If you are running an old OS, like 9, Hub is not enabled by default because of the Mac's use of static memory allocation that makes things very difficult. If you really want to enable the Hub on such a system, you can remove the -0 (that's a zero) from the startup line of each application (Layout, Modeler). If you are using OSX, the hub should be started by default.

BTW, if PC users want to disable the Hub for whatever reason, this is also the way to do it. Change the target line in your shortcut to include the bits " -0" (it's a zero, and there should be no quotes).

B