PDA

View Full Version : please help..

Taranis
07-30-2005, 12:46 PM
:help:
I have a problem with my Lightwave prog and because I had a pc crash the other day..and I am a newbee to the prog.

1: In plug-ins and in the area in particuler Under the Utilities tab?.. I had a load of options thare and now there hardly any options there now so I reloaded LW and still the plug-in options are not there. other that that the Lw is working fine.

There's
FX browser
FX Linker
FX Property
MD Controller

KeyFramer
Motify

Particale2partigon
Skelegons to Nulls.

and thats it .. yesterday there where a lot more options do I need to reload something or we they automaticy reload when I start using the prog ?

2: The second thing is that when I render a picture I have to tell it what it has to be ie: jpg etc ...... before it was automaticly done all I had to do was give it a name .. 8~

can anyone help with this.. other than that its seems to be working fine..

Taranis
07-30-2005, 12:51 PM
Oh and these is a great forum and very informitive :thumbsup:

lede
07-30-2005, 03:49 PM
Sounds like your config file got messed up. Depending on the version of the software your using try and find the config file.

Step 1 Close down Lightwave and Modeler
Step 2 Find and Rename the config file For LW8 its called "lw8.cfg" so rename it to lw8-old.cfg
Step 3 Open Lightwave and see if the missing options come back

If this makes the problem worse then just delete the new lw8.cfg file and rename the lw8-old.cfg back.

It is also a good idea to make a regular backup of your lightwave config files in the event something screws them up. Hope this helps.

-Lee

Taranis
07-30-2005, 05:18 PM
There back thanks lee.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: do I delete the lw8-old.cfg file
.. :cool:

Do you have any idea's about the second problem the rendering and saving of my pictures.

I render a pic and when I save it after giving it a name, it saves as a "FILE" and not a jpg file as it use too.. I have to tell it to be a jpg file.. where before I did not have to do this.. any ideas..
it only a minor problem but one I would like to resolve..

again thanks for your help Lee :thumbsup:

lede
08-01-2005, 09:47 AM
Yeah you should be able to delete to old cfg file safely now. Not sure on the second problem since I've haven't had that problem before. You might post that question in the support section of the forums and see if one of NT people can answer it for you.

-Lee

Taranis
08-01-2005, 12:05 PM
Thanks for your help Lee .. I will just have to get use to it .. untill I get my new PC and start again with that... :)