PDA

View Full Version : Premier Pro trouble - can you help

Wade
07-29-2005, 11:43 AM
Premier Pro trouble

I am having a problem with Adobe Premier Pro, and maybe you can help. I have been rendering out to 720 x 486 - Photoshop files with alpha channel each frame ends up being about 1.33 Megs…

Ok when I open premier and import folder it seems if any folder has more than say 500 frames I get an error message and loose a few frames.

My work around has been to simply put only 500 frames in a folder then render out an AVI from that time line - then start over for the next 500… once all this is done I join all the AVIs into my final project..

Should I not be able to import more frames at a time? :o

So what am I doing wrong or what could I do better, am I hitting some limitation of premier or just doing things in a backwards to do not know what I am doing sort of fashion?

Working with/on a PC XP pro, 3 GHz. 2gigs ram…. :)

Thanks

Surrealist.
07-29-2005, 01:53 PM
Well, I've worked in earlier versions of permier and imported anim frames much bigger - or longer. Last one I did was 1500 frms or so. One idea might be to change the file format to something else - that premier can handle - and still have alpha such as targa 32 and see if you still get the limitation. Or render out alpha as a separate file and composite using that on a separate track. Well, this works in Vegas... not sure about premere pro.

philthorn
07-29-2005, 03:02 PM
It could be a memory thing, I just imported 800 frames without a hitch but they were JPGs. Premiere is a memory hog. I have 2 Gigs RAM on my workstation and I can't tell you how many time it has started eating virtual memory while editing a job.

edit- Forgot to mention Premiere Pro 1.5 here

adrian
07-30-2005, 12:41 AM
Will this is funny because when I used Premiere6.5 I could only import around 1000 files at a time. If I tried to import more than this I didn't get any error messages but Premiere simply wouldn't import the files.

With Premiere Pro 1.5 I've not had this problem (I just import the folder) - the biggest I've done so far is 1900 frames.

I suppose it could be a memory problem.... but Premiere has never been the most stable of apps (although Pro is much better than before). I guess it looks like it's a case of grin and bare it. :mad:

Adrian.