PDA

View Full Version : Change surface doesn't work! Newbie

BigDamHero
07-29-2005, 05:35 AM
Hi,
This is probably laughably simple but i have searched EVERYWHERE for the answer. Sorry it's a bit difficult to follow...

I had an object where most of the polygons had the default surface. I then set a number of polygons to a different surface...say "new_surf".

I then changed my mind and set all the new_surf polygons back to default...

Now further down the line I want to set those polygons to a different surface. So I select them and hit q and select a differnt surface and click ok. Then NOTHING happens. They don't change. I rendered the object just to make sure and they are definately sill default.

Bottom line I cannot change the surface of some polygons. Whenever I use change surface it has no effect.

Please Help!
Lewis
Lightwave 8.2

riki
07-29-2005, 05:50 AM
Use 'Change Surface' to define the surface names. Then open the Surface Editor to change Surface settings. You'll probably find that you currently have multiple surfaces, all with the same surface settings. So while they may look the same, it may still be actually diferent surfaces.

BigDamHero
07-29-2005, 05:56 AM
No it isn't that. The two surfaces have differnt properties. I set one to bright blue just to make sure. The other is grey.

All polygons are grey. I select the ones I want to be blue. I hit q. I select the blue surface form the drop down list. I click ok. NOTHING.

When I got to statistics and see the properties for the blue surface it does indeed show as having 2 polygons assigned. But tthe polygons remain grey.

Driving me MAD!

Lewis

BigDamHero
07-29-2005, 06:44 AM
For anyone who's interested in just how bigger idiot I am the problem was i had two polygons in virtually the same space. At some point during the creation of my object I must have inadvertantly copied and pasted.

Sorry. Thanks for the Help.

Lewis