PDA

View Full Version : Leaving on a jet plane......

richdj
07-28-2005, 03:36 PM
It's far from photo real, but I couldn't resist having a little play...

Rich

Captain Obvious
07-28-2005, 04:25 PM
It needs more anti-aliasing. Oh, and a jet engine doesn't really spew out flames like that. It's more of a haze, really, unless the afterburners are on, and even then, the flames are "pushed backwards" (compared to the plane) with such great speed it doesn't really look like flames at all.

3D Kiwi
07-28-2005, 08:04 PM
well it dosnt look like a jet engine but it does look like it is about to blow up.
Any chance you could spread some light on how you done that as i have played around trying to make that type of effect and never got it right.

mattclary
07-29-2005, 05:21 AM
a jet engine doesn't really spew out flames like that.

I'm pretty sure that isn't supposed to be jet exhaust. :help:

adrian
07-29-2005, 07:28 AM
If I was on a plane that had flames coming out like that I'd be pretty worried :D

Nevertheless, good HVs!

Adrian.

richdj
07-29-2005, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the replies..... The plane is a 737-700.... Whilst flying home last week, I couldn't resist taking some photo's from the plane, and then one thing lead to another and I ended up with this....

3D Kiwi: I've attached the scene etc for you to have a look at. Mostly It's just using gradients for everything...

Cheers again....

Rich

richdj
07-31-2005, 06:38 PM
Just thought I'd tell you...

I took a higher res version and got an 8"x6" photo printed off...

Now, Like the rest of you I know that the image is not real. But, I have showed the photo version to approx 30 people at work (Work is nothing to do with 3D or computers) and I have only had one person who said it's done on a computer, another 2 that were unsure/didn't believe it.. but the rest believed it, most asking how I managed to keep a steady hand, or wanted to know how much I s*$t myself......

I atribute this to 2 things... Firstly, they don't know anything about computer graphics, and secondly, I showed them an actual picture, not an image on the screen...

This was actually a good research tool...

Rich

Matt
08-01-2005, 05:16 AM
I have only had one person who said it's done on a computer, another 2 that were unsure/didn't believe it.. but the rest believed it, most asking how I managed to keep a steady hand, or wanted to know how much I s*$t myself......

LOL! Excellent gag!