PDA

View Full Version : Frequent CG Crashes

sdan1976
07-28-2005, 09:21 AM
Does anyone else have problems with the CG. It crashes so frequently, it is not usable during a live production. In particular, the CG templates get corrupted. The VT deletes certain templates from the "skins" folder. These deleted CG templates will crash the VT immediately if they are clicked. I have to copy other templates in windows explorer and rename them as the missing files to keep it from crashing.

It also seems to crash if you type too fast, or click too fast. It especially hangs when holding down the backspace key too long.

I've been told not to use the clone tool, because it can cause it to be unstable.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Paul Lara
07-28-2005, 09:35 AM
While there are a few work-arounds, the greatest assistance will be coming soon from NewTek in the free version 4.5 update. There have been dozens of CG bugs removed, resulting in a happy, stable, character generator.

Hang in there! Help is on the way!!

cyberhawk
07-28-2005, 11:43 AM
Ok Paul, I don't mean to be a pest, but when you say "soon" are you talking next week, next month, or next year? Just a ballpark figure would be nice. Is it 75% done, 85%, 95%? I know that my boss is getting antsy, looking to replace the toaster with either Final Cut or Premiere if we can't get this fixed soon.

Thanks,

Rick

Paul Lara
07-28-2005, 01:43 PM
It's very close, possibly by next week.

davalvideo
07-28-2005, 02:04 PM
That will be fantastic if that's true. As someone who shoots of lot of performing arts videos where the cast and crew list can last forever, I'm tired of the constant crashes while trying to create long scroll pages. 4.5 will arrive not a moment too soon.

pnelson
08-13-2005, 01:35 PM
TONS of CG enhancements in the 4.5 update!

It's available for download now! (To all registered VT[4] customers)

YIPPIE!
:newtek: :newtek: