PDA

View Full Version : Going to let this happen?

SBowie
04-29-2003, 07:07 AM
Some of you who use Fusion may wish to add a comment to this thread: Commotion Pro and VT (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3474)

Early on in the thread, one person pretty much dismisses DF as a product likely to go the way of the dodo, and no-one has given him any argument sofar. Based on what I've seen sofar I think he's quite mistaken, but surely there is someone here better versed in both products and able to make a comparison and/or a defense?

Lightwolf
04-29-2003, 07:45 AM
Hi SBowie,

check again ;) :p

SBowie
04-29-2003, 12:10 PM
Attaboy. I'm sure that will get a little something started :)

Lightwolf
04-29-2003, 12:14 PM
Well, DF is my top favourite app as far as handling and working is concerned. :cool:
And this comes from a die hard LW user!
Let's see where the thread ends up ;)
Oh, I have plenty oof ammo left as well :D
Cheers,
Mike

SBowie
04-29-2003, 01:26 PM
I'm prepared to love it too, based on first impressions. No time to get into it at the moment, but I will, trust me :-)

I like the node-based approach. It reminds me of a very cool Amiga product out of Germany 'back in the day' -- Wildfire wasn't much fun to render on an '040, but the concept was great.

I checked DF out at NAB and it looks very intuitive and straightforward -- none of this "No really, it's easy -- just drill down through about 45 nested effects to get to the one parameter you need to change" nonsense...

Besides, you have to love a company that serves beer at it's booth :)

Lightwolf
04-30-2003, 01:53 AM
Hi Sbowie,

you'll love DF :cool:
I think I remember Wildfire, but I never got around to playing with it.
I've been using DF since 2.5x, and once you really get the hang of it (with the scripting and expressions bit), it is a joy to use.
Yesterday I built a prototype image wipe (i.e. image fades in with a combination of around 20 tools, outline first, glow, then the colour channels one after the other with different blurs). Then I modified it, now I can control the whole thing with one animated value, which drives 20 other animated values. :p
Not only do they serve beer at the booth, they have cool T-Shirts, a beer cap particle type (Coopers), and some of the best release notes for patches I've come across.
Cheers,
Mike

Liber777
04-30-2003, 04:10 PM
Whoah! Are we talking about Coopers & Son's Ale, from Australia? If so, then these guys are definitely in the know and I'll have to set something aside in the budget for DF...!

Warmest,
Stivan

Lightwolf
05-01-2003, 04:54 AM
Liber77

check this out :D

Cheers! :cool:
Mike

Liber777
05-03-2003, 07:13 AM
Oh, yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about!

I think that cap's the dark ale. Well, back to playing with the DF demo...! Thanks.

Warmest,
Stivan

Lightwolf
05-03-2003, 07:18 AM
I guess eyeon has a killer, four letter word, marketing strategy:
BEER :p
They also have cool T's "Eyeon: We suck less!". You gotta love them.
I hope you enjoy the demo.
Cheers,
Mike (who oughts to get a commision from Eyeon ;) ).