PDA

View Full Version : DEEP IMPACT airing on Discovery.

Intuition
07-27-2005, 12:52 PM
http://www.hollywoodindustry.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=33689&afterinter=true

Digital effects company Eden FX worked on the "Comet Collision" special airing on the Discovery Channel this weekend on Sunday, July 31st.

The special focuses on study of comet collisions and the recently successful DEEP IMPACT mission designed by NASA that was 7 years in the making.

Check the link for more info.

Since the modeling and animation were made with Lightwave 3D I thought some here in this community would like to see the latest and greatest visuals produced with our favorite effects package.

:)

ivorTE
07-28-2005, 03:45 AM
Good news!

Always nice to hear about such work!

Errr...Intuition, I still haven't recieved that DVD that you promised......

My doormat looks awfully empty. 8~

Cheers

Ivor

NanoGator
07-28-2005, 10:32 AM
So that's what you've been up to! :)

Intuition
07-28-2005, 11:29 AM
Ivor, I have borrowed the DVD twice since I don't have my own copy yet either. Sorry. :(

When I pick up the final DVDs I'll get the rigged Astronaut for you as well.

I guess the Mars Doc is going to air soon in every country except for the USA. They haven't made a good deal yet with discovery or showtime. I am meeting with the director tomorrow to again borrow the dvd for a bar b Q get together.

I think I'll just copy the files off the DVD and burn my own.

Yeh, Nano. I've been chopping away at Eden FX for the better part of a year now. I still have freelance projects on the side to work on at home but the Eden FX work is taking most of my time lately.

Intuition
08-12-2005, 01:43 PM
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/deepimpact/multimedia/DI_disc_channel.html

Here is a link to some of the clips from the show.

Some of my favorite shots aren't in the clip though.

Lightwave gushing in full throttle.

:D

KillMe
08-12-2005, 05:10 PM
hmmmm just saw that film gotta say the comet came in way to shallow - would have bounced right off the atmosphere no tidal wave and onlyt eh people in the ship would ahve died

that said made fro more impressive fireball streaking across the sky that way =)