PDA

View Full Version : Gee, seems kinda slow...

Mr. Black
07-25-2005, 01:18 PM
Here's a question for you all. I was getting real slow renders from my ScreamerNet set up. I set up a super simple anim (bouncing ball sort of thing), set up the nodes, and sure enough it took roughly 4 times what it took a single machine to complete. All the proceedures and nodes work as advertised, but real slow. Now I may answer my own question here as I tell you that the machines are all different, ex one is a dual G4 OS9.1 another is a G4 titanium laptop OS9.5. Should all the boxes be the same, or do you just need may boxes to reap the benefits of distributred rendering?
Cheers
Jeff

djlithium
08-23-2005, 10:51 AM
Here's a question for you all. I was getting real slow renders from my ScreamerNet set up. I set up a super simple anim (bouncing ball sort of thing), set up the nodes, and sure enough it took roughly 4 times what it took a single machine to complete. All the proceedures and nodes work as advertised, but real slow. Now I may answer my own question here as I tell you that the machines are all different, ex one is a dual G4 OS9.1 another is a G4 titanium laptop OS9.5. Should all the boxes be the same, or do you just need may boxes to reap the benefits of distributred rendering?
Cheers
Jeff

Please see our other posts about how on HT CPU systems you need to launch 4 LSWN instances on a DUAL HT CPU set up... :lwicon: