PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic Firewire problems

KSTAR
07-24-2005, 11:17 PM
Im trying to capure video from the Panasonic AJ-SD930 DVCPro 50 deck through the fire wire output. I am able to control the deck and see the time code from the VT4 with the deck control module, but I cant get a video or audio signal into the VT4 from the deck :confused:

Jim Capillo
07-25-2005, 03:37 AM
Sorry if this sounds over-simplified, but do you have a video input for the deck set up on the switcher and is it selected? Same with audio?

If yes, what is showing on the output screen?

David Curle
07-25-2005, 05:59 AM
Im trying to capure video from the Panasonic AJ-SD930 DVCPro 50 deck through the fire wire output. I am able to control the deck and see the time code from the VT4 with the deck control module, but I cant get a video or audio signal into the VT4 from the deck :confused:
I thought DVCPRO only put out DVCPRO Firewire not regular. Ie two DVCPRO machines can read each other.

KSTAR
07-25-2005, 10:00 AM
Yep I have DV inputs on the switcher set in the preferences, and the audio mixer is set to DV with the volume turned up. I dont get a video signal on the screen VT vision or my ntsc monitor and there is no audio signal. As I said before I can talk to the deck via deck control and the timecodes match so I know I am communicating with it.

Thats the million dollar question in regards to DVCPro decks only talking to each other. The fire output for this deck is an additonal add on. I read the .pdf manual on panasonics site as well as the AJ-SD930P users manual and I cant find anything stating that DVCPro decks can only talk to each other I just dont know :confused: I know the firewire options is supposed to support 50meg and 25 meg output and standard DV?

KSTAR
07-25-2005, 11:08 AM
I just went back to the shop who rented the deck to me, and had them shoot a standard DV tape. I tried to capture the tape and still get no video or audio signal, so its not a codec issue. I can still control the deck so it seems its not a firewire issue :(

Jim Capillo
07-25-2005, 12:26 PM
Have you looked under system/devices to see if the card is working or has an exclamation mark ?

KSTAR
07-25-2005, 12:29 PM
the device shows as working fine

Jim Capillo
07-25-2005, 01:53 PM
I would then contact your dealer or NT directly (if you don't have a dealer). There have been issues with cards with different chips on them causing problems. I don't know if your problem has ever presented itself before, but I guess it's worth a shot.