PDA

View Full Version : PAL performance disapointing

Jim Nicholls
07-24-2005, 06:41 PM
I was at SMPTE 05 in Sydney last week. Unfortunately the Tricaster on display at the Aussie distributors (Newmagic)stand was not fully functional and the Tricaster VM had broken. My conclusion was that the product was not yet ready for release in PAL yet.

I do not want to be victim of "Early Adopters Syndrome" where hapless customers become defacto beta testers of systems rushed onto the market. Newtek... can you please make sure you get this right before delivering systems to customers.

Jim

pnelson
07-24-2005, 08:00 PM
Jim,

Thanks for your feedback! What you saw as one of the first Beta PAL TriCasters that shipped from NewTek.. We are squashing the final bugs in preparation for the big international release!

Thanks again for sharing your comments!

ise
07-25-2005, 07:33 AM
Phil,

Have you got a date and venue for the PAL Tricaster launch ? I, along with thousands of others will be at IBC in Amsterdam in September. It would be great to see the Tricaster at the European equivelant of NAB.

Ian

Jim Nicholls
07-25-2005, 06:49 PM
Phillip,

Thanks for your response. The Tricaster is a breakthrough product and like any new system will present it's own difficulties to bring to the market. Notwithstanding the considerable achievements so far (and thanks NewTek for that) I need a stable product and look forward to NewTek fully completing their development.

Jim